Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for quick, short bursts of excercises

Originally posted by KaiKhoon
    Ka, you seem to be suggesting several exercises which I don't believe he can do, unless his office is in the center of a gym.
    Push Up and variations = don't need a gym
    Abs don't need a Gym
    Squats BW = don't need a Gym
    Static Holds(talking about L sits or Handstands 4 corner drills) don't need a Gym
    Dips, couple of Chairs = don't need a Gym
    I'm guessing you don't understand the reference to Ladders ethier.
    So... do 1 rep rest do 2 reps rest etc up to X and back down.
    Hope thats clear
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

What you refer to as "ladders" is also sometimes known as "pyramid sets".

Yep
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    i'm thinking your coach and my laundromat have some sort of conspiracy going together.
    Yeah, from what I hear he gets 10 % commision
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Morning All,

So this morning, after my generic calisthenics of jumping jacks, situps, pushups squats, I started my office work. I JUST finished my first breaks exercises and this time, after reviewing this thread, I decided to focus on one body group at a time. This time is abs... OK NOW I'm at muscle failure. The interval sprints really did me in, plus changing the movement between the various ab exercises. So now I've got that nice sore feeling.

My next break I'll go for the pushup series... after my experience w/the abs, I'm expecting muscle failure fairly quickly. I'm gonna start recording what I do in a spreadsheet to see how I improve over time.

Thanks for all the input, everyone! Good stuff!

OK I think I'm gonna ease up tomorrow and make it a rest day for me. Today's sprint sets (I've done 3 - abwork, pushup work & legwork) are a bit more than my body is used to. Kinda interesting that when I pace myself, I can do equal total reps to the sprint sets, but complete them all and feel good, whereas the sprint sets leave me panting and VERY sore.

Again, thanks for the input ... I like the results - well, mebe at least until my body gets used to it ... we'll see