Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Puzzle site for you guys

Originally posted by Oso

@ MY
    yup, anxious and eager - just how I like em
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

On that image that appears after curiousity killed the cat, you can find the message "a life half lived" I'm a big half life fan, so that's the first thing that came to my mind. I can't view the source of that page though, so other clues must be on other pages.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I can view the source now... maybe the page just wasn't finished loading before.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    RAOFLMAO.....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I got several clues from the source of that page, one was HypericumPerforatum.htm - another page of the riddle. no password is necessary for that one. I did a search on Hypericum Perforatum - St. John's Wort.

After that, I took a shot in the dark - searched for st. john's wort and japan, since the sheepman reference was japanese - got a page about a japanese movie called st john's wort. It's about a video game designer who inherits a seemingly haunted house. As of right now, I can't tell if it has anything to do with the game.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

st johns wort is an anti depressant: name of the page is 'hide your sorrows'...

cut and paste the code on that page into word. it makes a picture of a lighthouse... maybe a candle.

also there are these:

wax
    a one armed skeleton
    I am the answer
    find me
    not smart by half

one of the characters in the 'dance dance dance' book was Dick North, a one armed detective who battles skeletons in one part. Must be a un/pass, but not sure where that fits in yet.

HA. got something.

Dorothy and the Scarecrow. Dorothy is the female protagonist of the Wizard of oz... Got this from Amazon.com:

Dance Dance Dance is honestly one of the most remarkable books I've ever read. I felt completely in touch with the narrator and was drawn to Murakami's characters. Yuki was my favorite, Gotanda and Ame were up there too. There were so many memorable scenes. It was almost a disappointment to finish the book, leaving those familiar people behind.

The lead characters name is YUKI, not kiki. She's Dorothy. Gotanda is the scarecrow.

ps.. You boys stop dissin' me. My brain could kick your brain's ass with my medulla oblangata tied behind my back.
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 08-26-2004 at 09:56 AM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

im thinking of makin a documentary
    kinda like metallica did

ill call it "Some Kind Of Lobster"
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

you're a genius - I used those as the user/pass.

a page opened up with a weird pic. I'm finding different areas of the pic you can click on that are revealing other pictures. so far I've found two - one of a cage, or electrical station or something that has this in a popup window:

TdAaIeOtFbLhAeTeDaToOsEaRfIiEwTaEa

the caption says "he disappeared. There was nothing I could do"

the other is of a weird looking manequin head on a pole. the title on that one is "piggy piggy". That is making me thing about "lord of the Flies" when they put the pig's head on a stake.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

another popup in the image says "unhssrvelette" - may be a scrambled word or something.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

hmm.. from Dorothy/Scarecrow login I got to a picture of some windmills, motion blurred out the window of a car...

gotta stop for a while. work beckons.

www.curious3d.com

I gotta pull myself away so I can get some stuff done...

the piggy piggy image is named david hanson.jpg - I searched that name and found this:

http://www.portfolios.com/profile.wg...humanoidvisage

that's likely the guy who made the head - unrelated to the game, but i thought it was interesting.

the main image had the title "robert powers"

http://www.photomosaic.com/rt/about.htm

that's interesting also.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Ming Yue
    hmm.. from Dorothy/Scarecrow login I got to a picture of some windmills, motion blurred out the window of a car...

gotta stop for a while. work beckons.

same pic I got - the color on this pc is screwed though, so the windmills are faint and I can barely tell what they are.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/ana...unhssrvelette+

anagrams for 'unhssrvelette'

lots and lots.

It's Robert Silver, I think....

www.curious3d.com

im too lazy or stupid for that puzzle site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

ok last thing then I'm out (till after training tonight, anyway)...

click on the date on the windmill picture. looks like pipes, but the image is sideways, it's a guardrail with a power pole in the background...

TdAaIeOtFbLhAeTeDaToOsEaRfIiEwTaEa

that needs to be converted.. ascii to binary to text...

www.curious3d.com