Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle site for you guys

What is the user/password to the page with asia awaits, i know its probably simple but i just dont get the alexander thing.

mythology...

Gordius tied a cart full of goodies to a column and dedicated it to Zeus. An oracle, in town for a convention, decreed that whoever untied the knot would become the ruler of Asia.

The knot stayed until Alexander showed up, who heard the deal with the knot and simply hacked through it with his sword. Zeus, who digs it when mortals think out of the box, honored the agreement and gave up his goods.

Gordius made the knot. So therefore it's a G_______ knot.

that's your password.

oh, and capitalize.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Originally posted by Ming Yue
    ps.. You boys stop dissin' me. My brain could kick your brain's ass with my medulla oblangata tied behind my back.
    no dissin' at all

I just have a unique perspective.

and I cried uncle to your superior intellect a while ago
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

ps.. You boys stop dissin' me. My brain could kick your brain's ass with my medulla oblangata tied behind my back.
    I dunno - my brain fights dirty
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

TdAaIeOtFbLhAeTeDaToOsEaRfIiEwTaEa

that needs to be converted.. ascii to binary to text...
    wha?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I thought at first glance that the lower case letters all were J or earlier, which means they can be converted from hex to decimal. there was some of that earlier. my mistake
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 08-26-2004 at 07:29 PM.

www.curious3d.com

ok got something on the third light in the moth room (top light)

clue is: FACE0F, What darkness do we live.

the URL that leads to in the source:

1129524974645525182.htm

decimal to hexadecimal conversion gives me this:
    FACE0FADEADBA80

face of a dead baby? is the head on a pole a baby?

edit: no, it's a readheaded hermaphrodite. hmm I might be stuck.
    edit2: in the code theres a reference to a Gang of Four song, We Live as we dream. (Alone)
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 08-26-2004 at 07:45 PM.

www.curious3d.com

FaceOF, What darkness do we live

Username: ADEADBABE
    Pass: Alone

www.curious3d.com

I'm so freaking lost on the second page. I like reading your guys' thought processes that you post here, but I have no idea how you're getting where you're going with this.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

The next image that appears has several clues:

two reddened eyes

LkAwNcTsAoRkOtOaDoTu

where is she?

there was nothing I could do. He had disappeared.

also, at the bottom, there is the number 999 and a phrase:

"Are you the first?"

That phrase was at the bottom of the they can't escape the storm pic also, along with the number 73.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I have entered a ton of different stuff into the username and password boxes. I manage to narrow it down to a few choices and then guess from there.

the passwords and usernames are almost always in the source code or are a couple clicks away. The cat one was hardest so far, but I think I'm kinda stuck now. waiting for insight from 7*.

www.curious3d.com

hmm put that string of letters into the anagram machine and came up a whole bunch of maybe nothing...

I think this page's clues must lead to the login for the last path on the lights page...

Maybe the 'where did she go' refers to Kiki/Yuki from the book? I'm beginning to wonder if this puzzle designer is getting royalties from Murakami's book sales.

www.curious3d.com

Somehow, these clues tie to the master and betrayer prompt... not sure how though. I haven't seen anything as of yet that would indicate any such relationship and have seen one in dance dance dance.

I'm gonna strat trying to look into the one armed skeleton clue - maybe there's something there.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

you americans dont really work nor study do you
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

I think it's quite obvious we do more than you, as you have not figured out nor attempted to figure out any of these puzzles - heck if getting laid is too much of a challenge, there's no way you could figure out any of these...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter