Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: proof on dim mak ???

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    When it gets complicated is multi - strike set ups etc ( more than 6 ) to achieve a singular "hit". For now I have many many combos but in a little more than a year probably fewer than a dozen multi ( up to 3 and under ) strikes for one "hit".

Do you REALLY think you will be able to hit so many points without retaliation before you complete them? Chances are, you won't. A friend of mine used to train kenpo and he used to always talk about their multi hit combos and how he'd tear someone apart with them. I kept telling him that it would be really hard to hit a person so many times without retaliation and he blew my comments off. One day I told him to try it on me... He couldn't do it. And those weren't strikes to obscure pressure points or anything. Heck, even if you COULD do it without retaliation, is would take decades (as has been stated) to be able to hit multiple small areas with accuract in rapid succession.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

As for the mak against a trained opponent : You are wrong. I've sparred and trained with well skilled ( and even in certain aspects skilled far above mine ) shifus and practitioners of various arts all throughout China, and I've never not seen my opening to land a point. Unfortunately today pressure point knowledge and training is limited. It's also a personal gem of mine and forte' and is more than practicle ( however severe the situation would need to be to use it) for real situational defence.

when I spar with people, I see openings for various things all the time. Big deal. Did you LAND the pressure point strikes? Did you even try them? There's a huge difference between seeing and doing.

For example, I saw the womens' Tae Kwon Do olypmic event last night and this morning ( and besides being in serious disain that the final round loosing challenger executed a spin for a serious spinning back kick , lost her focus , didn't even attempt to plant it, then was left open copping some basic boxing combos loosing the fight ) , during the fight, ( and remember that we're talking the competing worlds' best here) , the 2 of them were open with points throughout the whole fight. If you are unaware of what and where the points are, you have no strategy to defend them. ?Unfortunately, for the great part, when it comes to crunch, that's what I depend on.

Once again, there is a difference between seeing and doing. I can guarantee you that any of those women woulda kicked your arse. And if you don't think so, I guess we'll see you in the olympics in 2008. That's something else you will be able to add to your list of "accomplishments"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SevenStar ol' pal, you should know by now that she's a compulsive liar. As such, we really should just pity her. Not only has she NOT ever sparred with anyone of any degree of skill, she's obviously never even sparred before.

And of course she would never even TRY to go for any of her deadly "Dim Mak" points if she ever DID attempt to spar. Afterall, she might accidentally hit one and kill her sparring partner.

Poor bl. If you ever need some therapy, let me know (really... I mean it). I recently received my PhD. in Psychology, so you can call me "Doctor".
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

fuc* you !!!!!! and that said I'd still cop a clip to save your sorry as*in retort . break it down how you like. I'd kill you if I thought it was justified......... thank god I'm a pacifist ch'an buddhist... now kiss my as* or troll with all your uneducated self's got ....Mr. "I think I know..........."

Kinda tired and not prepared to humour you today..... I'd kill you.make no mistake........... reason is edcuation on shyte you're not even in your supremacy prepare to consider, and what it comes down to is ching someone bail me out before I become human and disrespect the guy.

Yah..... I'm that confident.... just hope you don't meet one of my own in your travelles Mr. " have nothing more to learn "

Fock naevie ego!!!!!!!!!! duibuqi... just not today in the mood....

seriously

BL

today I'd hit you......

but in reality:

first on the gun thing: alot of styles ( like ninjutsu for eg: ) has disarming techs, and personally I wouldn't be without at least a few of them myself. In todays' world and on real life defence planning anyway.
    How well will disarming techniques work from four meters away? Disarming someone with a gun only works when they don't know how to use it, and as Musashi said, you must understand the nature of the weapon to use it corectly. If I were using a gun on someone they would be shot before they ever reached a range in which they could even think of a disarm.

On dim mak, a question. In a street fight, if someone is attempting to strike with dim mak, and I recognize it as such, am I leagally allowed to kill that person in defence? They are or may be, after all, attempting to kill me, are they not?
    Last edited by AmanuJRY; 08-28-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Heh, heh, heh! Guess I got a little too close to the truth there, ha bl? Y'know, believe it or not, I don't harbor any hatred for you, I actually feel sorry for you.

It seems though that your homicidal tendencies are showing through your regular passive-agressive attacks. It's too bad you aren't really a Chan Buddhist, you might actually be able to develop a little self control.

Anytime ya' need to talk, just lemme know. I won't even charge you, I'll just do it as a charity case.

Peace.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

feeling ya babes, 'cause i feel that way about alot of folk here. But more than likely , as I've done myself, you probably haven't paid full credit where due. Mei guan xi ( doesn't matter). I've learn't so many styles and forms over the last 16 yrs , so correct me if you feel it's appropriate or judge and counsel me likewise. knowledge is knowledge and I"ll take it how it comes. Also standing by my comments

Bl

Ps: just met this Russian budo dude: exchanging notes at 8 pm tonight for a sweat sesh. let you know what we discover

cheers and jius to all

fuc* you !!!!!! and that said I'd still cop a clip to save your sorry as*in retort . break it down how you like. I'd kill you if I thought it was justified......... thank god I'm a pacifist ch'an buddhist... now kiss my as* or troll with all your uneducated self's got ....Mr. "I think I know..........."

Kinda tired and not prepared to humour you today..... I'd kill you.make no mistake........... reason is edcuation on shyte you're not even in your supremacy prepare to consider, and what it comes down to is ching someone bail me out before I become human and disrespect the guy.

Yah..... I'm that confident.... just hope you don't meet one of my own in your travelles Mr. " have nothing more to learn "

Fock naevie ego!!!!!!!!!! duibuqi... just not today in the mood....

seriously

BL

today I'd hit you......
    what was that about being buddhist?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Karma and emotion.

Buddha said.

Da Lai La Ma said.

yes it is actually. Sounds ludicrous but get past the apparent I
    MO and you see what I'm saying are reasons why you shouldn't use these techs physically ( emphatically resounding reasons for not want to use the skills at hand) and no excuse is okay I suppose. I guess let myself get a lil more pasionate than my resulting behaviour pesents accepatabley. If that makes sense. so once again proving to be human.

Ps: did you know in shodokan karate they have no circular ( round styled ) strikes and make amends with dynamic feet focus??

Pressure points and actual fight.

Pressure points are off limits to all ring events or combat sports. You will be recognized, disqualified and even charged with attemptted assault or murder. Your intent is to--.

Pressure points are widely used in Qin Na technique.

Almost all schools of Qin Na are coupled with Dim Mak.

Not to kyll nor produce unconsciousness.

But to produce numbness and pain if needs to.

dong . but what about standard kidney strikes. it's a widespread interstyled focal point and has pressure pointed origin. How do you monitor that? there are also some vicious gb's within ring strike guidline boundaries.

when does pressure point striking become non - tc edly valid to aim for in general ring rule ??

Originally posted by SPJ
    Pressure points and actual fight.

Pressure points are off limits to all ring events or combat sports. You will be recognized, disqualified and even charged with attemptted assault or murder. Your intent is to--.

Pressure points are widely used in Qin Na technique.

Almost all schools of Qin Na are coupled with Dim Mak.

Not to kyll nor produce unconsciousness.

But to produce numbness and pain if needs to.

Not true. Pressure point striking is allowed in all MMA venues.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

dong . but what about standard kidney strikes. it's a widespread interstyled focal point and has pressure pointed origin. How do you monitor that? there are also some vicious gb's within ring strike guidline boundaries.

when does pressure point striking become non - tc edly valid to aim for in general ring rule ??
    they are not outlawed. liver punches, knees to the bladder, etc. are things people train to do. (since you mentioned kidneys)

In general, there are only a few things mma doesn't allow

-kicks to a downed opponent (However, Pride DOES allow it)
    -groin strikes
    -hair pulling
    -biting
    -eye gouging
    -small joint locks, i.e. fingers and wrists
    -strikes to the base of the neck

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Ps: did you know in shodokan karate they have no circular ( round styled ) strikes and make amends with dynamic feet focus??
    where did you get that from? just off the top of my head:

the inside block is circular and used as an arm break in heian hidan

the hammerfist is an arcing strike - both variations

the shuto and knifehand are circular

the cross elbow is circular

the backfist is arcing

shotokan has a hook punch

I haven't bothered mentioning kicks...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter