Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: proof on dim mak ???

Sevenstar-

I used to train okinawan kempo, I don't know how different it is compared to the kenpo you are talking about, but here is what I know. Yes there are pressure point strikes. Every person is different and the pressure points will never be in the exact same spot on a person, only in the same area. A lot of them used joint locks to over/under expose certain areas or cause strain to make another area weaker. Which takes a high level of skill to apply on a fully resisting opponet. Don't know how relevant that is but thought I would share.

BL-

Seems to me you are a jack of all traits and master of none. One thing my sifu always told me is that you must stick with your one art, otherwise you lose sight of what you know. There are execptions like bruce lee, but he is an exception. Most people cannot bridge the gaps between arts like bruce did. Most just get confused and it makes their training counter-productive from what they used to train or will be training in the future.

Earlier you talked about studying wing chun, now you are back to dim mak. I don't doubt you want to be good at this, but it seems you are trying to run before you can crawl.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Musashi teaches us that when we master our one art we become a master of all things.

And what is that one art that we must master?
    Kung fu?
    or, ourselves?
    Last edited by AmanuJRY; 08-29-2004 at 02:40 PM.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Originally posted by AmanuJRY
    Musashi teaches us that when we master our one art we become a master of all things.

And what is that one art that we must master?
    Kung fu?
    or, ourselves?
    Musashi would also be an exception hehehe. Considering he never had a master and came up with his own sword fighting techniques on his own.

Not everyone can do that.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

"To attain the way of strategy as a warrior, you must study FULLY other martial arts and not deviate even a little from the way of the warrior...."

I believe musashi is referring to martial arts, not yourself.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    where did you get that from?
    Same place she gets everything else, bro. Straight outta her ass.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

if you call sparring/ trading notes with a20 yr old Russian ma champ on several fronts pulling it " otta my a'hole" well.. there's redefining lingo

Any way I guess some of his hands are circular and he has this awesome hooking high cresent side kick I'm about to integrate. Be a lil generous sometimes Serpent... you never know what you're about to learn.

Ps: on a side note , this ex- national ma-champ Honey I've been chatting to recently is also studying international politics and various language , plugging on to stand for foreign affairs minister national division. I think we all here would benifit from my relationship with him. Give him a chance and learn something while you're here ha.

Heh, heh. So I guess while you were "sparring" (is THAT what they're calling it these days? ) with some 20 y.o. Russian guy, you were probably "putting it IN your a'hole"! LOL!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

no .. but I wouldn't not

This Russian combat dude is skilled in ring and life okay..and I'll be scre*ed if I've EVER met a more onto it 20 yr old. He knows his art and has pulled many a trophy / ribbon and even he was impressed and "suddendly became my student" when I learnt him on dim mak, points and basic philosophy ( find the soft spot between bone / or tendon connective vulnerablity/ or nerve site accumulation and strike it !!! how hard???!!!???.....)" , which is the mak in a nut shell.

He was also curious ( which I find intersting ) on take down and ninjutsu execution strategy, ( severly lacking in karate , samuried root , and no surprise, it was developed to defend against them ) . Listen up , because bad as my typing skill is, you may just gain an insight or 3. :P

BL

Don't dismiss it 'til you've tried it and know you have a strategy to defend it

You "learnt him on dim mak" ?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    if you call sparring/ trading notes with a20 yr old Russian ma champ on several fronts pulling it " otta my a'hole" well.. there's redefining lingo

Any way I guess some of his hands are circular and he has this awesome hooking high cresent side kick I'm about to integrate. Be a lil generous sometimes Serpent... you never know what you're about to learn.

Ps: on a side note , this ex- national ma-champ Honey I've been chatting to recently is also studying international politics and various language , plugging on to stand for foreign affairs minister national division. I think we all here would benifit from my relationship with him. Give him a chance and learn something while you're here ha.
    1. Isn't it a weird coincidence that yohu seem to meet all of these "top notch" and "champion" MAs? What's hist name? What organization is he champ in? Don't say you don't know - since he's "a honey you've been chatting to", you can ask him.

2. since he's big on language, bring him to this forum and let him see your posts on use of the apostrophe. Maybe he can teach you a thing or two

3. I thought you said you had no interest in men right now...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

no .. but I wouldn't not

This Russian combat dude is skilled in ring and life okay..and I'll be scre*ed if I've EVER met a more onto it 20 yr old. He knows his art and has pulled many a trophy / ribbon and even he was impressed and "suddendly became my student" when I learnt him on dim mak, points and basic philosophy ( find the soft spot between bone / or tendon connective vulnerablity/ or nerve site accumulation and strike it !!! how hard???!!!???.....)" , which is the mak in a nut shell.

He was also curious ( which I find intersting ) on take down and ninjutsu execution strategy, ( severly lacking in karate , samuried root , and no surprise, it was developed to defend against them ) . Listen up , because bad as my typing skill is, you may just gain an insight or 3. :P

BL

Don't dismiss it 'til you've tried it and know you have a strategy to defend it
    karate has a samurai root? wtf? Do you research anything that you say? Did he tell you that?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Ps: did you know in shodokan karate they have no circular ( round styled ) strikes and make amends with dynamic feet focus??
    You based this blanket statement on:
    if you call sparring/ trading notes with a20 yr old Russian ma champ on several fronts ...
    So because while you were "sparring/trading notes" he didn't use a circular strike therefore shodokan karate doesn't? Maybe he was using another of his "several fronts" at the time?

My impression of him "suddendly becoming your student" is that he was probably trying to pick you up. Unlucky for him you're a lesbian.

I can't wait until you start sprinkling Russian phrases into your posts like you do Chinese ones . Just to remind us how worldly and brilliant you are ...

Let us know when you're engaged.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Cerebus
    Heh, heh. So I guess while you were "sparring" (is THAT what they're calling it these days? ) with some 20 y.o. Russian guy, you were probably "putting it IN your a'hole"! LOL!
    blooming lotus
    no .. but I wouldn't not

This Russian combat dude is skilled in ring and life okay

Priceless.

I'm sure you managed to impress this 20 year old "combat dude" because he's only 20 and probably has even less of a clue than you do. I'm not sure that's actually possible, but there's always someone, right?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

right . I'm 0 chinese yrs old, been studying health and fitness for more 20 of ythose and I'm still clueless???!!!! ( insert a rolleyes here)... ride your ego and call it what you will... you know the Russians kick as* in gymnastics and combat and what the mother fo ??/ because he supports me and learns from me despite his belts he's socking also?? you guys wanna consult yourself on ego and further I'd like to se you challenge either of us in reals

for mofo...some do it the easy way, and some know nothing else but the haard waaay

scr*w u ... still not in the mood........

dammned egotists you meet on a shytty day!! he's won national titles and I've and I've done what I have, but you're still better hey. we'll wait for you

dim wit

right . I'm 30 chinese yrs old, and 've been studying health and fitness for more 20 of those and I'm still clueless???!!!! ( insert a rolleyes here)... ride your ego and call it what you will... you know the Russians kick as* in gymnastics and combat and what the mother fo ??/ because he supports me and learns from me despite his belts he's socking also?? you guys wanna consult yourself on ego and further I'd like to se you challenge either of us in reals

for mofo...some do it the easy way, and some know nothing else but the haard waaay

scr*w u ... still not in the mood........

dammned egotists you meet on a shytty day!! he's won national titles and I've done what I have, but you're still better hey.!!??? Well, we'll just wait for youha eek:

dim wits

how good do you think you are ?? Is there no limit??
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 08-30-2004 at 01:52 AM.