Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xingyi video clip

1. Xingyi video clip

I posted this on the emptyflower forum so I thought that I might as well post it here too. Its from a Bagua site.

http://www.bagua-zhang.com/Videoclip...glianhuan.mpeg

Comments! What do you all think of his stepping and striking liu he coordination?

Heh, not bad, better than most I've seen. He does the crushing fist turn-around the sissy way without going all the way down, however.

3. Most people on the emptyflower board thought that his coordination was kind of off. His strikes seem to land before his stepping instead of both of them arriving together

Originally posted by xingyiman
    Most people on the emptyflower board thought that his coordination was kind of off. His strikes seem to land before his stepping instead of both of them arriving together
    He's kind of a little weasel, he does it at like the last minute. I used to do that, then my Sifu said "strike before you're done stepping".

Originally posted by Apostol
    Heh, not bad, better than most I've seen. He does the crushing fist turn-around the sissy way without going all the way down, however.

The turn of the Crushing Fist (Leopard Climbs a Tree) is not common to go all the way down. Dragon bends the spine. Leopard doesn't.

Examples:

Sun Lutang
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

More

Jiang Ronqiao:

More

Xue Dian

And this Che style guy (looks more like your idea of the turn):

Che style guys use to land the fist a split second after the foot has landed...they create a whiplike motion that allows them to do so. But it's very difficult to do at first, mainly because of the postures they use to do it.

Yeah, I do a dragon kick (front snap kick with foot horizontal) and then eagle capture and into that posture.

Most people like to do it the "sissy" way, but I like to go all the way down. Heh

The application is to kick above the knee cap and block an incoming strike, then basically lower yourself into a dual arm/leg joint lock.
    Last edited by Apostol; 08-26-2004 at 06:36 PM.

It's not a sissy way...it's a snapping kick. Dragon does a pushing kick.

As of dragon...do it this way, as the pic below :

From there, jump to the air, switch legs and hands in midair, and fall in the same spot, same height. Repeat many, many times. Chest touching the thigh.

Don't do it before weekends.

Leopard: Defend and incoming attack, and snap kick the kneecap. Follow with palm strike

Dragon: The one you described. Dragon is a little bit more difficult, but is a great break.

Funny thing is, if you change Leopard to a Jumping Leopard, the kick becomes a pushing kick. If you change Dragon to Jumping Dragon, the kick becomes a snap.
    Last edited by Felipe Bido; 08-26-2004 at 06:44 PM.

Thumbs up

Dragon form is CRAZY. Heh. I'm gonna try that flying leopard attack on a certain TKD kid I know...heh...*evil laugh* I had him look at some of your form tutorials on Emptyflower and he was like "that's incredibly gay, gay names too". **** anyone who disrespects teh great Filipe Bido!

So, is that you in the pic?
    Last edited by Apostol; 08-26-2004 at 09:29 PM.

Yeah, that's me.

And...about your friend...he does TKD...the real street lethal...

I don't know why you try so hard to let him know about Xingyi, instead of taking that time to practice more. Just let him be, and keep XY to yourself for a few years.

Ah, but I guess it's all that teenager rage and energy. After a few years, you'll see that it doesn't really matters.

Xingyiman said
    Most people on the emptyflower board thought that his coordination was kind of off. His strikes seem to land before his stepping instead of both of them arriving together
    This seem very slight to me when I watch him. This is also a hard topic to discuss. The strike when fighting, lands on the target BEFORE the front foot touches down, and then drives though the target in a split instant. If done properly, the BODY drives the stike through the potential of the strike zone, not the arm. The arm is only extended and guiding the energy.

In a form, this may look like the hands and feet are arriving at differing times, but what is not seen in the form, is the exact point where the first makes first contact. If the two arrive and stop at the same instant in reality, the strike is just a shock only, which is what some sytlists are after.