Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xingyi video clip

i was taught to go all the way down the newer guys in class do it high and as leg power develops you go lower and lower
    Yi Beng,Kan Xue

Felipe is right. The turn in Beng Chuan and the Dragon form are two different things. The movement as performed during the turn in Beng Chuan only goes about 1/2 as far down as Dragon, or even less.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

looks like 5 fist linkage form to me

and from the vid it seems as though he has got the intent down pretty well,,the movements dont coincide, a little off. as far as the dragon stepping is concerned,,the older pics show the stepping to be rather high whereas i have seen and done the dragon stepping going all the way down. now i dont know if because sun lu tang was old on those photos and could not go that far down anymore or he was just showing the basic step patterns. i have always thought of the dragon stepping as a trap to the shin, like your foot rakes down the shin of the opponent in close as you block his arm down and then you launch in to beng chuan for the crushing blow. it wouls seem that in training you go all the way down to imporove leg strength and power and in combat you are higher in your stance.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Re: looks like 5 fist linkage form to me

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    now i dont know if because sun lu tang was old on those photos and could not go that far down anymore or he was just showing the basic step patterns.
    Sun Lu tang didn't go lower because that's not a dragon step. That's the Leopard Climbing the Tree movement. Both movements have different intentions and different ways to kick.

He could go far down, as you see here, doing the Dragon Jump:
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

ah yes there is that pic

sorry for the mix up on my part. been a while for me.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.