Thread: A new Kung Fu show for the Nickelodeon channel

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !

A new Kung Fu show for the Nickelodeon channel

Hey;
    There is a new show for the Nickelodeon channel called The Avatar "the last Air bender" premiering this November featuring real Kung Fu.

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00001999.html
    http://www.cineme.org/avatar.phtml
    http://www.nick.com/all_nick/tv_supe...ml?show_id=ava

I was told by my friend in the know that it will feature 4 tribes of warriors all with magical skills based on real Kung Fu ie. Tai Chi, Bagua, Hung Gar and North Shaolin and that they hired a real Sifu to choreograph the movements. Does anyone know who the Sifu is? Is he legit or is it gonna be another hyped up bullcrap number? The stances look cool on the Nick website! I can’t wait ‘cause I luv good anime.

Wildwoo
    Last edited by Wildwoo; 08-26-2004 at 08:13 PM.

hmmm, doesn't look too bad.

I might check it out.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

"magical skills" + "nickolodean" = "hyped up bullcrap number"

Careful your ignorance is showing.

Originally posted by Wildwoo
    Careful your ignorance is showing.
    Word to that.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

This might be the first time I will watch the lame-o channel, heh.
    Be water my friend.

Originally posted by IronMonkey
    This might be the first time I will watch the lame-o channel, heh.
    Yea...but I've been thinking.

Why is it called Avatar?!

-CPD hostage negotiator

I am not sure the name I got on to this thing through the funniest series of unrelated events and ended up studying with the guy who is consulting on the kungfu movement. As a matter of fact I'd have to give thanks to the members of this forum for putting me in touch with my new teacher. Funny funny world we live in. The Avatar as I understand it is the last member of a nearly extinct tribe of martial magicians. The Avatar brings balance to the four element tribes by masterfully weilding the greatests legedary powers of all four schools. I have seen the pilot and pencil test courtesy of Sifu and it looks great and really fun. Anything I say won't do it justice but it seems they plan to build the kung fu elements to a peak throughout the series. Sifu has a lot of drive and imagination and is giving them heart and soul so I really can not wait!

WWII