Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tibetan Qigong

Tibetan Qigong

Saw a short clip on the tv this morning on some travelouge show of Tibetan monks doing what looked like dynamic pushups come qigong come koto ( bow and homage). These guys are theravda buddhist and don't really practice gongfu, and now I understand the arm tone they all seem to have.

Tell me if you've heard of or seen this. They start with hands prayer like above head, reel qi ( or at least from their movement sequence that's what it looked like) through top of head, down to brow chakra / third eye, through xin ( heart ) and down to dantien where at which point they go straigt down to a squat , hands on slippery cloth, roll down to a push up stance, koto ( bow head to ground arms in front) then slide back up, stand and repeat for hrs.

Little cultural insight at worst

cheers

Re: Tibetan Qigong

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    Saw a short clip on the tv this morning on some travelouge show of Tibetan monks doing what looked like dynamic pushups

Tell me if you've heard of or seen this. They start with hands prayer like above head, reel qi ( or at least from their movement sequence that's what it looked like) through top of head, down to brow chakra / third eye, through xin ( heart ) and down to dantien where at which point they go straigt down to a squat , hands on slippery cloth, roll down to a push up stance, koto ( bow head to ground arms in front) then slide back up, stand and repeat for hrs.

They are not doing pushups, they are prostrating themselves in devotion. The hands are up to heaven, the mind, and the heart. Folks will sometimes do this for miles from their home all the way to the Temple and then again in front of images or idols.

but point is that I thought it was interesting that they inadvertantly end up in a rolling push up and training arms etc concurrently. Ni Je Dao? Do you know ??

I've kotoed with shaolin nuns on Songshan ( Mt. Song) and I've never seen it done this way. Besides, though you may know, I'm sure someone read this and went " wow " lol......

Ps: is that a cv meridian they're working??

Ni Je Dao? Do you know ??

Feel free to stop that. No one is impressed.

Look, I travel alot and see and hear some of the most weird and wonderful the world has to offer, so I'm just going to go ahead and share and you'll learn something, be amused by it or dismiss it. No skin off mine, but that's all there is to it.

The energy coils and such are fake. Who would buy into such malarkey?

That is a form of prayer. The three points that are touched means right mind (the forehead), right actions (the mouth), right heart (the middle of the chest) then you bow to the earth and reciet something that slips my mind. I was taught that once, but i prefer mantra meditation/prayer.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 08-27-2004 at 10:02 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

it may be malarkey to an uniformed non-buddhist, but when you come to realise that chi cultivation is generic to an av buddhist and an overall goal, you may see it differently. It's an intrinsic belief and aim. It's what we do - cultivate our chi and then contemplate exactly why and what that is ; whilst shooting to behave or understand - however modernified - as our buddhist predecessors.

Look, I travel alot and see and hear some of the most weird and wonderful the world has to offer, so I'm just going to go ahead and share and you'll learn something, be amused by it or dismiss it. No skin off mine, but that's all there is to it.

You are not trying to share, you are trying to impress and you are (if this is even possible) making more of an ass of yourself. You are a deeply stupid individual who is desperately seeking attention. I don't believe that you have traveled any further than the remote control on your coffee table buried under piles of empty twinkie wrappers.

it may be malarkey to an uniformed non-buddhist, .

blooming lotus,

The correct Pinyin is:

Zhidao = ÖªµÀ = know¡£

ÄãÖªµÀÂð£¿

bl, honestly. Do you belive that those "energy coils" and "Overhead energy" is real? Its obviously trick photography and a play on lights. Everybody should look at those photos and captions and realise that something isn't right there.

Despite popular belife ( ) energy coils and overhead energy balls do not exsist. Stick to martial arts to learn how smash, maime, and protect. Not to Chi blast people...

BTW, I'm not saying Qigong is fake.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

yes I do...there are ways and means to know your intrinsic energies and how to exploit them, this is one.....

Ps: just like "esoteric" pressure point vaildity , is not worth th tablet it was written on 1500 yrs + ago, ... feeling the enquiry but can't concurr. Sorry dude. reconsider previous information.

bl with love

There are ways and means to know your suckers and how to exploit them, this is one....

Sad but true.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

The energy ring is obviously sun shining through the window, or is it that he just projected his chi to "fool those who are tainted by disbelife and uncertainty." Healing #2 looks to me like a lamp or light. All of these things can be reproduced by a drugged up monkey working on Photoshop. The Energy Coil looks like a piece of red string draped over the camera lens.

All I have to say to you, bl, is...
    Hook...Line...Sinker....
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 08-29-2004 at 09:57 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest