Thread: Just saw Fahrenheit 911

Just saw Fahrenheit 911

... and **** you George Bush. **** you too hell.

dude, dont believe a word that movie says. well some of it, but most of it is wrong and stupid. as much as i hate to say that its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

they have counted 59 points of "facts" that are verified as completely false and a whole bunch of others that were exagerrated.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

you got that list loki?

I understand moores fact checkers are pretty good and that the Bush admin really had not much to say about it other than to ake denials up and down and sideways.

Now, I haven't seen it yet, I don't care much for Moores work any more after the columbine weiner fest movie he made wherein he completely looked like an idiot by the end.

But I hear F911 is true. So...where is the list of egrigiousness and why wouldn't they just simply sue for defamation of character if the movie was being libelous?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

oh, just so you know, I did read a list of 56 attempts at debunking the movie that ultimately...well didn't debunk anything.

A good one was in the list where it denies that George Bush ever said " A dictatorship would be easier, that's for sure" in regards to the context of dealing with congress.

Follow the links and you find that people say things like "there are numerous articles debunking moores films, etc etc" But they never offer any of these "numerous" articles.

getting back to the dictator comment, it is a matter of record that George W did indeed say that.

another one was in regards to moores claim that someone threw eggs at the presidential limo on w's inaugeration.

The list says this is not true....but then goes on to say "only one egg hit the car"...laughable attempt at denial of a fact. Then teh attempt to minimize by saying that Nixon was worse! Ha! He was republican too. Friggin back biters.

Anyway, there's a lot of semantics and wheedling in that list, but essentially it defeats itself and is in and of itself, nonsense, which apparently, the movie is not.

So, I still don't care much for Moore, but I could have told anyone that Bush is not "the right man" lol

p.s - David Frum, don't come back!
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 08-28-2004 at 10:09 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You should be able to get info from kmclive.com

They're also doing a great job showing what a pathological liar Kerry is.

P.S. That's as far as I'm going with this
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

If its full of lies couldn't Michael Moore be sued?

Oh yeah just found this, http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/...ndex.php?id=16 .

It displays all the evidence for the facts, but you could also say its a bit dodgy since it comes from Moore's own website.

I think the most important part of the movie was the general theme of rich man starting/ poor man fighting the war. All the right wing blogger geeks couldn't comprehend why the movie was still popular after they had done all their lists and pages of links of lists. If you liked this don't miss the Al Franken book "Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them". The new paperback has more pages and updates. It's a great book especially the "Supply Side Jesus" comic and "Vast Lagoons of Pig Feces", the chapter on Buch and the environment.

My opinion on the whole thing is that if rumsfeld had let the state department plan for the reconstruction of Iraq we wouldn't be talking about any of this stuff like abu graib prison or swiftboats or whatever. To make a long story short, the State dept. had a massive plan for reconstruction, a 2,000 page report and had done numerous military training excercises that anticipated stuff like looting and insurgencies. Rumsfeld caught wind of this and made them stop. Something to the effect of it would make the war look contrived and you know we'd be greated as liberators and whatnot. I hate the guy
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

It comes down to this:

The republicans probably should have nominated McCain last time around instead of the shrub. Probably would have given them a fighting chance at getting the presidency for a second term and there probably wouldn't have been a war in Iraq.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

McCain would have been nominated if Bush and his bulldog Carl Rove hadn't spread rumors that McCain's adopted daugther from Bangledesh was his black love child fom an extra marital affair! He lost South Carolina because of those accusations and never recovered in the race after that.

Rove is an evil, evil man, with too much influence over Bush.

Funny enough, Rove had to leave the Reagan/Bush campaign after he intentionally leaked sensitive information to journalist Robert Novak. Gee.....and which reporter was it that leaked the information about CIA operative Valerie Plame????
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I would have voted for McCain. Seemed like the most "politically honest" (can there be such a thing?) candidate I've seen in a while.

As for this election, I'd vote for the zombie of Hitler's grandmother just to get a change in leadership.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by Tak
    As for this election, I'd vote for the zombie of Hitler's grandmother just to get a change in leadership.
    You can't have her. She's in my basement.

Why is the time for stupid statements over? You had some of the best stupid statements on KFM.

I like Moore. He's funny and he's got a lot of balls. Doesn't mean I believe everything he says though, he's a propagandist and very emotionally manipulative. But by the same token, so are all the politicians so it doesn't mean I'm gonna believe them when they say something, esp not when they say something like Moore's lying, unless they give me some proof.

So far the lie count has to go to the Bush admin. It has to. Every step of the way. And by the same token that says that we can trust Bush cos he's president, he's been through it, so we don't know if we can trust Kerry... by that same token we can say we can't trust Bush, cos everything that's come out of his mouth has been a lie or plain wrong.

I've seen a lot of so-called proof sites and books about why Moore's a liar, but frankly, they mostly just degenerate into lists of straw men and personal attacks. Unfortunately that seems to be enough to discredit a man in the US media, regardless of his integrity or real policy, it's always the mud-slinging that works.

Look at Kerry and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Turns out they weren't where they said they were, but Kerry made the mistake of ignoring them and hoping they'd go away and the mud wouldn't stick instead of jumping down their throats form the start. Now half the country still believes that ****.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan