Thread: clubbells and CST training

clubbells and CST training

This is a link for clubbells, I know a lot of the ebmas guys and other wing chun folk are using them, any ideas?

Clubbell site

I was interested in these when they first came out, but that cooled somewhat when I saw they don't ship to Australia and how expensive they are (still, they are not much more expensive than kettlebells).

IMO the WC weapons go a small but significant part of the way to giving the type of strength benefits clubbells are designed for.

I like Scott and his stuff. I attended his seminar in Sydney in 2000, and I have a number of his tape series. "Shockability" and "Fisticuffs" have some interesting material which relates well to WC, but most of his stuff is more grappling oriented IMO.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

anerlich

i have a website up(going for NEIS assistance so i can't start yet but have many of the products ready to go so private message me if you like and i'll give you my phone no. so we can talk) and within the next month should be open for business.

i will be stocking indian clubs, KB's, adjustable gymnastic rings and a whole heap of other goodies that are aimed at enhancing ones functional strength.

www.modernprimitivetrainingtools.com

vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

forgot to mention that so far whilst using my toys to train with i have actually increased my flexibility and dynamic range of motion so there is no need for any wing chun man to worry that they are going to become tighter or less flexible whilst adding strength using these tools for enhanced strength.

vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

The site's lighthearted theme and sense of fun is great. I can almost hear some Tim Allen-like sound effects.

Regards,
    - kj

LOL @ kj.

vts, I may well be interested in your products. Possibly my instructor would as well, though I haven't discussed it with him and probably won't until the detail is out there. Shoot me an email or a PM when you have some product details and prices.

FWIW, and unrelated, our academy has this big "free-motion" machine with cables and a weight stack adjustable to all sorts of angles. With a swiss ball to act like a bench you can simulate just about any weight training drill. It's pretty good, but HUGE and expensive.

That's right the other end of the spectrum from clubbells and KB's, of course.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

anerlich

i've sent you the prices but have not included the clubs as i haven't quite finished production on them yet.

i also forgot tosend you my actual e-mail add. but will do so now incase you wish to contact me directly.

vts

got my my clubbells on Sat. and i must say that I am very impressed. I have never had more addictive and fun workouts then I have in the past few days. The gains are already very good!!!