Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TKD in the olympics

TKD in the olympics

I'm sitting here watching the Olympics TKD...

all I have to say is OMG

thank you

yeah and i think the next train of thought would be:

how the hell did this happen?
    jowgakungfu.com
    shaolinroundtable.com

I think it embarrases martial arts. They NEED to do something with the dynamics and rules to STOP them just hopping on the spot without attacking. They do get warnings but it's not enough. They could never attack all match and still not get two red cards.

Now if they just attacked as rapidly as they do in boxing then it might be interesting.

I wanted to smack each and every one of those pu$$y-@$$ sunzabiches like the biches they are. I would do this until they: 1)put up their hands and 2) used hands for attack and defense.

Sweet Crimmany.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

but ya gotta dig the tkd chix
    nah seriously, I can't stand tkd 'fights'. Olympics or not
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by wall
    IMO they need to award:

1 point for a defensive body strike

2 points for an attacking body strike

3 points for a defensive head strike

4 points for an attacking head strike

Now that would get everyone attacking and going for spectacular head shots all the time.
    They should alow punching to the head (1 point)

Good kick (2 points)

Clean take down/throw (2 points)

Sacrafice throw/takedown (1 point)

Throwing from the Lei Tai (1 point)

Three knock downs wins the round.

Oh yes.....and call it San Shou LOL
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Originally posted by bungle
    I think it embarrases martial arts. They NEED to do something with the dynamics and rules to STOP them just hopping on the spot without attacking.
    Like I just noted after chats ' note trade with a Russian Karate practioning comp circiut victor, in some ma branches ( like karate etc) they lack certain aspects, like rounds for karate and other variables in tkd, so they make up for it with dynamic feet. I was a lil omg at the tkd standard myself, but it's not real street fighting and rules are rules.

TRUE it's a sport! However it has the potential to be entertaining and instead it is frustratingly boring.

i'm just amazed at how much they fall over.....like totaly of their own accord, with no in put from the oponent......now why cant i fight guy who just fall over?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

its not kung fu, tkd is different. but still, i didnt see any of it, was it that bad for tkd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Unhappy

It was and is pathetic.

In theory it could be a fun sport and entertaining to watch. Pulling off the spectacular kicking. Flashy rubbish does look good.

However, the people fighting are so afraid of each other that they just end up hopping paralysed to the spot, waiting for the opponent to attach so they can stay safe and counter.

Maybe they should get poked with big sticks like some kind of pit fight.

What amazing hopping crap! I believe to qualify absolutely no martial arts experience was required.

I saw some of it too, they would break it up when it a real "fight" started. I don't understand why they need headgear when they don't even go for face blows...
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    its not kung fu, tkd is different. but still, i didnt see any of it, was it that bad for tkd?
    No, these are the BEST. That's why they are in the olympics. So compared to other tkd, it's the elite.

I think some here goes to far in comparing tkd to traditional martial arts. They hop around like this because of the rules, and the whole sport is based upon it. It's not even comparable
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."