Thread: Which strike of Wing Chun can have the same power

Which strike of Wing Chun can have the same power

Which strike of Wing Chun can have the same power deliver as a solid round horse kick?

and how to do it?

Pie Jang to the sternum? - moving from the dan tien, not forced localised muscle
    "I must represent by whooping your ass
    royally..." - fugees

Pie Jarn is areally solid and dangerous strike - I was training with one of my private students the other week and he hit me (accidentally - lack of control) full force with a pie jarn clean on the chin

Luckily it hit me square on the chin, my jaw was shut tight and rolled with it slightly - otherwise would have been well nasty !!!!

Cant see how you can compare with a roundhouse kick though?

Stu
    Ip Ching Ving Tsun in South Wales - www.swanseavingtsun.com

Hey Hendrik,

I think the thing is mate is that some people have got exceptionally high pain thresholds and can take a ****e load of punishment.Check the unlicensed boxing fight between Roy Shaw and Lenny Maclean,Roy Shaw took about sixteen full on punches without going down.So is the most powerful the most effective???

Nutting someone in the face(pure wing chun)and busting there nose is **** effective,blinds the aggressor with tears to the eyes whilst you either finish him big time or make like a tree and leave.Probabley unlikely to put him down it must be said..

Alternatively smashing someone with a good old fashioned right cross on the jaw between the ear and point of the chin is good,Lower down the jawline the better more likely to induce knockout.Though this is slightly contradictory if built like a tank (Roy Shaw Lenny Maclean).

But then you should ask yourself are you target hardened,attackers want a victim NOT someone who looks like they can take care of themselves(art of fighting without fighting perhaps)..

My guess would be the straight/uppercut-like punch. It is powered mainly by the forward rotation of the hip, but really is supported by the whole body. Please don't ask me how. Just do it. =)

this is easy it's the [ shankla ] nothing is more powerful
    it has direct line and rotational energy
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

None will be the same. Only a roundhouse lands like a roundhouse. Don't take one thing for another.

Andrew

If you wanna talk about what hits harder, get the long pole.

Andrew