Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all Sydney KFOers

To all Sydney KFOers

We are organising a bit of a get together this weekend in honour of one of our UK brothers visiting. If anyone in Sydney wants to join in, call out and I will let you know what the details are once we get our act together. We are shooting for a lunch get together on either day.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hey, is Dezhen dropping by again!?

Let me know the details if you can. Saturday I'm pretty flat out, but might manage a Sunday lunch-ish time. (Email me if you want to keep it off the boards, joedoe.)

Oh, and while you're here, will you let blooming lotus know that I'm not a chick.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Yes, Dez is in town again. He got in last Friday. I will let you know what the details are as soon as we have it sorted out, but Sunday lunch is a possibility. Failing that, there will probably be another one the weekend after since there is another visitor turning up as well.

As for BL, I could tell her but I am not sure she would believe me.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

True enough. As with everything else, she's already decided that she knows, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Who's coming in next weekend?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

A dude from Perth that Linda & them know. I have met him twice - really nice guy. Hsing Yi practitioner.

Hey
    I'm interested but can't do Lunch(Work) if you could pm the times and place I may be able get there late.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

I will let you know as soon as we have some details worked out.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    tell Dez, I said Hello and he needs to stop living a real life and hang out here some more.

I'd be there for dinner, but, you know, it's like a 16 hour flight.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

oso, if you're complaining primarily about the duration of the flight you're clearly making way too much money.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

HA ! not likely

on top of my day job...and 3 nights of teaching...I've been painting a house for the last 2 months just so I'd have enough money to go to Tampa for the whole week of Master Shr's visit.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Originally posted by Oso
    tell Dez, I said Hello and he needs to stop living a real life and hang out here some more.

I'd be there for dinner, but, you know, it's like a 16 hour flight.
    Actually, from North Carolina you would be travelling for nearly 24 hours by the time you hit Sydney

does it really make a difference after the 12th hour or so?

but seriously, tell him 'hi' for me

To be honest, no. You do get kinda frustrated with it all after about 16 hours, but by then you are usually on the ground in LA (if you are coming from Sydney) or on your connecting flight.

I will pass on your regards to him.

lol, considering I've flown 5 times ever, the longest of which was just 5 hours...BRING ON THE GIN !!!!

one day soon I have to make the trip to Taiwan and that's going to be like 14 hours.

thanks for relaying the message.

Well, IME alcohol on a flight does not make it better. My advice is to invest in a good pair of noise cancelling headphones and get as much sleep as you can