Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: To all Sydney KFOers

It was a good afternoon. I got there kinda late but it looked like the rest of the crowd were having fun. Did some push/sticky hands with Jon ... am still amazed at his ability to absorb ... and watched some of the other guys there muck around with some ground work. Watched a pretty cool arm bar, but other than that most of it ended in a draw.

Unfortunately Dez couldn't make it because he had some important business to attend to, but since he is here for a few weeks I am sure we will have the opportunity to hook up with him again some other time.

Serpent turned up late as well, and briefly got to catch up with him. Shame he wasn't well because it would have been interesting working out with him a bit.

All in all it was a pretty casual afternoon. Hopefully we will have another get together pretty soon.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say it was really nice seeing everyone again and having a chance to catch up with you all.

Also a big thanks to Joedoe for taking some time to practice with me.

"Did some push/sticky hands with Jon ... am still amazed at his ability to absorb ..."
    * lol dude trying to push you is like trying to move a wall, still i do appreciate the comment. Even if i do know well that me 'absorbing' was more just me hanging on for dear life

Either way it was really great to have another chance to work out with you and to feel first hand where some of that power is coming from. Always been impressed by your structure and ability to generate force from very small movements. Not to mention the fact your quite definately one of the more down to earth and realistic martial artists ive ever met. Still i cant leave anyone else out either, was great seeing everyone and hopefully we can all do it again sometime.

Thanks to all for a great afternoon.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

As usual, Jon is far too generous in his assessment of my skills. However, thank you also for a good afternoon.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Originally posted by jon
    Either way it was really great to have another chance to work out with you and to feel first hand where some of that power is coming from. Always been impressed by your structure and ability to generate force from very small movements.
    Try feeling some of that power when he's trying to actually hit u! Well try doesn't really enter the equation when it comes to bigjoe, i mean joedoe's skills

Well we didn't end up doing any training at all yesterday. Jin Wu was closed when we went there, and after much sitting around deciding what to do, we just decided to go home. Nvm, we still have Wednesday's death matches with joedoe. Watch out mate, we gonna hand yo @ss to you and serve it for dessert afterwards!!! *coughs4on1coughs*
    Dragon Style Kung Fu Australia
    http://www.dragonstyle.com.au

Originally posted by triskellin
    Try feeling some of that power when he's trying to actually hit u! Well try doesn't really enter the equation when it comes to bigjoe, i mean joedoe's skills

Well we didn't end up doing any training at all yesterday. Jin Wu was closed when we went there, and after much sitting around deciding what to do, we just decided to go home. Nvm, we still have Wednesday's death matches with joedoe. Watch out mate, we gonna hand yo @ss to you and serve it for dessert afterwards!!! *coughs4on1coughs*
    When I am trying to hit you, it is just the sheer weight of my fat coming at you Looking forward to Wednesday night ... bring it on

Just wanted to say it was really nice seeing everyone again and having a chance to catch up with you all.
    Ditto that. Even though not a whole lot went down in terms of training etc, it was good to catch up with you guys and meet a few new faces.

Looking forward to Wednesday night ... bring it on
    joedoe: hope you've been using the past few days in the lead up to train and prepare yourself my friend... someone better notify emergency services in advance is all i'm saying!
    Don't Sing It, Bring It!

Originally posted by Azrael
    Ditto that. Even though not a whole lot went down in terms of training etc, it was good to catch up with you guys and meet a few new faces.

joedoe: hope you've been using the past few days in the lead up to train and prepare yourself my friend... someone better notify emergency services in advance is all i'm saying!
    Yup, have set my affairs in order, got my will done, all that stuff

Originally posted by joedoe
    When I am trying to hit you, it is just the sheer weight of my fat coming at you
    Yeah, you mean it's like trying to fight the tide on a spring morning?

What's happening where on Wednesday?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    Yeah, you mean it's like trying to fight the tide on a spring morning?

What's happening where on Wednesday?
    I normally have a sparring group over at my place on a Wednesday night. You are welcome to join in if you want, but I suspect it is too long a drive .

that sounds like something I could dig!! Is it open house??

I'll pm you or post here when the bassstards let me home...

cheers

look forward to it.

B

I normally have a sparring group over at my place on a Wednesday night. You are welcome to join in if you want, but I suspect it is too long a drive .
    If Azrael and i can travel all the way from where we live, i am sure serpent can do the same since he is closer to you! we will be listening for your motorbike serpent!
    Last edited by triskellin; 09-13-2004 at 08:34 PM.
    Dragon Style Kung Fu Australia
    http://www.dragonstyle.com.au

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    that sounds like something I could dig!! Is it open house??

I'll pm you or post here when the bassstards let me home...

cheers

look forward to it.

B
    Well, kinda. I am happy for people to come along as long as I know them or feel I can trust them, or they are vouched for by someone else who attends. As it is actually at my house, I don't feel comfortable inviting absolutely everyone - I am sure you understand how I feel (and more importantly, how my wife feels). However, if you are interested in coming along then let me know and we can talk about it

Originally posted by triskellin
    If Azrael and i can travel all the way from where we live, i am sure serpent can do the same since he is closer to you! we will be listening for your motorbike serpent!
    True, however Serpent has to get permission from his Boss as well

Well, kinda. I am happy for people to come along as long as I know them or feel I can trust them, or they are vouched for by someone else who attends. As it is actually at my house, I don't feel comfortable inviting absolutely everyone - I am sure you understand how I feel (and more importantly, how my wife feels). However, if you are interested in coming along then let me know and we can talk about it
    that's kinda brave really. I'll let you know when I'm looking like getting closer

cheers

B

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    that's kinda brave really. I'll let you know when I'm looking like getting closer

cheers

B
    OK. Look forward to hearing form you