Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awaken on your own

Right, but can you/ have you ever emptied your mind to go beyond where those "needs " were needs??!!!!

how long without sleep??

How long without food and water??

How long without human contact and affection ( physical or otherwise??)

No one here is a monk njor nun , and call me a walking ego, but I have every intention of getting there myself. Who here has thought and committed so deeply?? Are you all so " onto it" that another minds' words are below your realm of consideration??

How enlightened

"How enlightened "

Unlike blooming eyebrows, however, who can only look down upon everyone on this forum with pity from her seat of high enlightenment.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

The previous post is saying direct and instant realization.

The previous post is also saying cleaning and sitting meditation are not right.

My post agreed to all the points.

I humbly pointed out cleaning the dust and meditation are necessary to reach the point.

This is called positive inclusion. I agreed to it and expanded its reasoning to include a counterpoint.

Buddha tried not eating, not sleeping and --.

I agreed with you on how long. I said we have to have non hungry, non weary --mind to reach the point without distractions.

Thank you for your affirmations.

Last edited by SPJ; 09-04-2004 at 10:08 PM.

in humanity , everything is a distraction from spirit ( if you believe we have one )

and Cerebus... you are seeking so hard , you 've become an extremely harsh judge. Of course I don't know everything or I'd 've figured how to check out with good karma. Death is a privelidge and I haven't earnt it.

I find beauty and enlightenmight in the most humble of places, human bodies of all levels, age and skill. How often have you looked at a new born baby and thought " crikey!! there's a point to carry "??? I sit on no throne, and if you put me there, please realise this demeans each moment I sit on it .

"I sit on no throne and if you put me there, please realise this demeans each moment I sit on it."

When have I put you on a throne? No really, when? C'mon, just one instance. You can't quote a single one because there aren't any. Your talking as if I ever did any such thing is just your passive-aggressive way of trying to feed your own ego. Get over yourself, bl. The only "throne" you've ever been on was made of porcelain and fulla sh!t.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

it happens all the time, from you or others. You make a claim and folks troll to find out if you are "really " their goddess of all knowledge ever born..... Even here when I teach
    Laying down the correct, just a chick with different experiences in a different place. And for thr record , yah been qeen ah le john in past myself, now I realise John wasn't the domian I was shooting for.

Now shaddup.. Whaddya want me starve to death???!!1

Ps: that was retorical

Thank you, again for proving my points. I need say no more on the subject.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    How often have you looked at a new born baby and thought " crikey!! there's a point to carry "???
    When was the last time you looked on your own baby?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

not sure, but I did speak to her a day or so ago and she's cheering either way. Still can't see your point. I'll be home asap. and can't wait to get there. It's been a long trip.

Cerebus:

"I sit on no throne and IF you put me there, please realise this demeans each moment I sit on it."

If you read BL post carefully and you had nothing to hide from yourself, then you might not have been so defensive in your response to BL.

From what I know about anthropology, it is a human trait to put what they most wish to aspire to as their diety. However, if their diety also embodies what they most fear they may try to put their diety down as a troll.

It may be the case that a lot you you fear knowledge because it may be something that you think its beyond you. You should be thankful that you have a patient teacher.

If BL were born thusands of years ago, she may have started a religion called Buddettism or maybe Bloomingdale. I strongly believe that what she says will eventually be embraced by you lot on this forum,

I don't know about sitting on anyones' pedastle, but I speak truly from what I know , and all I can say is a small step forward is a small step forward . for you , your environment, benti and karma.

sorry to dribble dharma, but It's all I have sometimes.

Greetings..

It is, what it is.. for myself, i do my best to make my own way in this world without being a burden to it.. where possible, i offer a helping hand.. where i see inconsistency i try to evaluate whether it is my perspective or that of others manifesting the inconsistency.. if i believe the perspective of others to be inaccurate but harmless, i let silence speak its truth.. if i sense that the supposed inaccuracy is harmful, i offer advice.. but, in all cases, i am open to evidence of the contrary.. always willing to discard my own inaccuracies if favor of a more correct perception..

The real question, for me, is.. am i willing to discard what i think i am, to become what i could be..? (are we what we "think" we are.. or, are we that which does the thinking....?)(very tricky question!!).....

IF one supposes that another is misinformed or purposefully distributing misinformation.. and, that information is harmless.. what value is there to the persecution of another?.. is it to demonstrate one's "correctness"?.. to illuminate one's own standing in a particular community?.. or, just the satisfaction of besting someone else?.. if the perceived misinformation is harmless, a simple response with one's own perception of "correctness" is sufficient.. pursuit and persecution only detracts from whatever value the perceived correctness may have had.. name-calling, sarcasm, and aggression are not signatures of beings on the path of enlightenment..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

TaiChiBob,

I see what you mean, it's just like the ending in Croaching Tiger and Hidden Dragon. That chic in the end of the movie believed she could fly and so she jumped off the cliff. We all know she will end up smacking the ground hard.

In the chronicales of Magician Merlin, he frequently lamented that if he knew more science he would less have to rely on magic - which is far less reliable.

However, Issac Asmov had once said that if science is advance enough, it would look like magic to the less informed.

The world is very Yin and Yang, the further you travel the closer you are to the beginning. Not just metaphysically speaking but also in the physical realm.

Blooming Onion - Read the "Blood Sutra: of Bodhiharma.

Read about how shaving your head and dawning robes are not the way, but further delusuion..

how the hell d'you expect me to talk to you or acknowledge any thing you say when you speak like that????

lil boys ha !!