Have just chanced on an opportunity to take dharma and aide to Mosambique, Africa. Firstly, I heard someone mention ma in Africa a little while back. Does anyone know what they're doing combat wise out there?

Secondly, in terms of buddhism, and particularly ch'an, do they have that information there?? I really don't know alot about the place, except the brief module I learnt in a history component at uni.

On a personal note, and maybe directed to Mickey, Gene, SPJ and even Toby ( for devils advocate factor), You know I have a daughter at home in Australia turning 11 right? We've spoken about volunteer aide positions and travelling together for a bit to do it. Africa was always on our list, though how likely she'd be to come is another story altogether.

I do think that aide aside, which is so needed in whatever capacity anyone can manage, is worthy on its' own, but because it's the plight of "ch'an" buddhist to spread dharma. What are your thoughts. Your best opinion or troll is welcome.

Question is this : if Ally ( my daughter ) doesn't want to go, best dharma to stay or go???

have several weeks to consider. What do you think??

Ps: may not have much food, water and likely not a computer. Because of lack of facilities , if and when I leave, I doubt it's going to be pretty. If I go, I'll send you my best "ugly shot" me in shaolin greys under the kilimanjaro. ( is that near - by there?? ) you may get lucky and loose me afterall