Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: shaolin buddhism and ma in Africa

you guys are soo silly!! My daughter is an awesome chick ( for all of her 10 and some yrs) and together our "sangha " or community contribution is above and beyond duty.

you'll never understand and i'll never explain.

peace everyone.

B

Serpent,

Why are you so mean to Blooming Lotus? She can't constantly deserve being put down by a bunch of guys.

blooming lotus,

I speak on behalf of some of the guys here who have PMed me asking for your apology but do not have the guts to ask you in person. It's true that they don't fully understand, being guys, we are less perceptive then girls, I know this is no excuse, but please accept the apology from some of them.

Somethings shared between mother and daughter are best kept that way. Hopefully when more of us are willing to listen, you too might be more comfortable in sharing.

Ego's trying to pick up Eyebrows!

Ego, if you knew Eyebrows' story, she's abandoned her child to fulfil her own life. The daughter conflicts with her plans to study MA, so the daughter gets raised by family while Eyebrows flits from one hobby to another.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Toby,

Who is Eyebrows? You keep using that name as though I know her.

There was a movie a Beautiful Mind, where this maths dude has a split personality and sees imaginary friends. Fortunately this matter of mental instability is more than compensated by his raw genius and good heart.

However, on this forum, you have only shown that you have imaginary friends....... that's all.

reading comp 101..

eyebrows is a nickname...

genius....

Say hello to my little friend..... ignore.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

norther practitioner,

Most of us use nicknames and I think yours is missing an "n".

hey ........ the n p is okay okay??!! goes about his business and lil trouble to most............

had a great response prepared but lost network.......... another time ha.............

B

You're fortunate to have gone this far. The internet connection is v.bad in China - or so i've heard. Maybe it's better at the universities.

I'll let you know if I decide to do a China trip thing, meet up with some of the masters there. But remind me to ask you for the good places for good internet connection. I'm quite a net junky - the least of all my vices ..... as you know

no drama

ttt 4 2016!

Monks attend buddhist ritual at Shaolin Temple
    (Xinhua) 14:14, August 14, 2016

Monks transfer lotus-pattern lamps during a buddhist ritual at the Shaolin Temple on the Songshan Mountain in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province, Aug. 13, 2016.

Monks carrying lotus-pattern lamps attend a buddhist ritual at the Shaolin Temple on the Songshan Mountain in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province, Aug. 13, 2016.

Monks carrying lotus-pattern lamps attend a buddhist ritual at the Shaolin Temple on the Songshan Mountain in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province, Aug. 13, 2016.

Shaolin Abbot Shi Yongxin (C) and monks carrying lotus-pattern lamps attend a buddhist ritual at the Shaolin Temple on the Songshan Mountain in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province, Aug. 13, 2016.

African apprentices carrying lotus-pattern lamps attend a buddhist ritual at the Shaolin Temple on the Songshan Mountain in Dengfeng City, central China's Henan Province, Aug. 13, 2016. (Xinhua/Li An)

(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)(Editor: Huang Jin,Bianji)
    Random news but it fit this thread so well. Man, those loti lights look cheesy.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

shaolin buddhism and ma in Africa

Feature: First Shaolin Temple opens in Zambia

Source: XinhuaEditor: huaxia2021-12-23 22:12:30

Photo taken on Dec. 22, 2021 shows a view of Shaolin Temple in Zambia, Lusaka, capital of Zambia. (Photo by Martin Mbangweta/Xinhua)
    by Elias Shilangwa
    LUSAKA, Dec. 23 (Xinhua) -- In an attempt to inculcate Chinese Kungfu and culture among the Zambian citizens, the first-ever Shaolin Temple has been opened in Lusaka, the Zambian capital.
    The establishment of the Shaolin Temple is a collaboration between China's Songshan Shaolin Temple and Hua'an (Zambia), a Chinese-run company in Zambia.
    Yan Lun, the headmaster of the temple, said the objectives of the project include teaching Shaolin Kungfu, Chinese culture, helping understand the African culture as well as enhancing the China-Africa friendship.
    "The influence of Chinese culture in the world is increasing. People abroad want to know more about Chinese culture and learn Chinese culture," he told Xinhua.
    Construction works of the temple started in April 2019 and were completed in July 2021. Four monks from the Songshan Shaolin Temple in China are at the Temple to conduct the teachings.
    The headmaster, however, said activities at the temple have not yet commenced at full throttle due to the COVID-19 pandemic but expressed happiness at the interest shown by people who have been frequenting the temple.
    The project was targeting not only Chinese nationals in Zambia but nationalities from all countries, especially the local people.
    Other activities to be conducted at the temple include Shaolin medical education in which people will be taught the theories and methods of traditional Chinese medicine, Shaolin Kungfu exercises.
    Others include Zen education meant to help improve people's moral quality through meditation methods to help cultivate a culture of responsibility to the country, to be self-disciplined and be patriotic citizens.
    The temple also intends to help the vulnerable in society through various means. Currently, three orphaned children are being kept at the temple.
    Max, the only African monk at the temple whose Chinese name is Yan Ming, said it is important for African people to learn the cultures of other countries in order to blend into the global system.
    Max, who is from Cote d'Ivoire, said due to his interest in culture while at the university, he decided to go to China in 2015 in order to learn the Chinese culture.
    He said learning the Chinese culture has opened to him many things and that the time spent at the Shaolin Temple taught him the importance of self-discipline and respect for mankind.
    "We are here to impart to the Zambian people Chinese culture and we hope this will help to build China-Africa relations," he said. Enditem
    bummer. that pic link doesn't work.

threads
    Shaolin Temple Zambia
    shaolin-buddhism-and-ma-in-Africa
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    bummer. that pic link doesn't work.
    That's because someone put a jpg extention on a png file. Its nice that African colors were used on the structures...
    Attached Images Attached Images