Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: shaolin buddhism and ma in Africa

You're a real sorry excuse for a human being. Always parading around with the "I'm so righteous, giving & self-sacrificing" ( and making REAL sure that EVERYBODY hears about it). Lying your azz off and then saying you "never" lie (and getting busted for it when Serpent exposed you for it). Always coming up with some "emergency" you need to attend to when you've been proven wrong and can't handle the truth. You've never "counseled" anyone in your life, you have no qualifications for it. All you can do is live in your little fantasy world telling yourself that you're so special rather than actually making any effort to achieve anything. And THAT, bl, is truly sad.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I'm not so righteous ( even though buddihist beliefs claim you shuld be- but no -one's perfect)

I just want some trade off chan insights to my potential course of action. as in " I don't know" Please share your wisdom!! I'm a spiritual chick and this was means for a REAL disscussion on responsiblity insight. gee you are crude!!!!! Gawd some people are hung up on the wrong things!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live buddhism or insight on ANY measure!!!!!

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    Oh hush.. folks have even quoted me saying I was I wrong!! I have no issue with that, but apparently you want to test me for perfection... I'll tell you blank I aint!!! Seriously dealing with a crazy " my mommy focked me for x many yrs " coleague turned violent mofo dude so today you matter little..........
    So why are you posting here? Shouldn't you be busy saving his life?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

His life ???no!! If it was only one life I had in mind , it'd be my kids' without comprimise, hence the thread.

Can we get serious on even 1 thread about ch'an and beliefs etcwithout trolls stoppping in for their hellos and 20c worth ????

Really, only wanna talk dharma here, the rest, I'm sorry, thought prevocting as it may be, 'fraid I'll have to ignore it . Can you think of anything "real" to contribute???

What, real like you taking Buddhism to Africa?

Real like "what's a mugabe?"

Real like "is Kilimanjaro near there?"

You wouldn't know real if it broke into your padded cell and started gnawing at the buckles on your straight-jacket.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

blooming lotus,

Did you see my response? It is more on topic.

mickey

Fascist is a derivative of farse. to make fun of / be sacrastic towards etc.
    Huh? Not in my language.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

BL,
    Go back to page 1 and read my post. I live in Africa, born and raised here, and have been to the Southern African republics (Mos, Zim, etc). There are parts that looks like what you described, but its not what you think its like. Even in my city, Johannesburg, which is probably the most modern city in the Southern African region, we have places like what you describe.

Your intentions seems noble, but you should try do your homework before you embark on something like this. I’ll say it again, Africa IS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT. One of my friends (and he is a descendent of the Swazi Royal family – Swaziland is also a little country in South Africa) always says, “ Never try to understand Africa, just accept it for what it is”.

After 30 years down here, I am still not able to accept or understand much of what I see, but then again, it is not for me to understand.

You seem to have this idea that we all speak in some weird native language. You would be surprised to know, that most Africans and Native Africans (Black people as some call them) speak more than 6 different languages. Not just different dialects, completely different languages (Zulu, Xhosa, Phedi, Portugese, French, English, Afrikaans, and much more). This does show that they (im speaking in the 3rd person) are not stupid native tribal people as CNN may want you to think.

You are most welcome to visit us before you go to Mozambique.

And Fascism has nothing to do with Farse or Silly people.

To be honest, the best Dharma should be to go where you know the people and culture. How can you come and try teach someone something if you don’t know anything about their background or way of living? I also think you have a bigger responsibility to your child.

If you really want to help, choose a good charity, and send them some of your $’s.

I don’t mean to rude or anything, but I think you are very un informed.

If it was only one life I had in mind , it'd be my kids' without comprimise, hence the thread.
    Kids'? Your apostrophe usage indicates you have more than one . I thought Ally was an only child? The sad thing for Ally is there is always "comprimise" for you. Everyone and everything else is more important than her needs. If you really did love her and weren't a raving lunatic, you'd sit down and relax for a minute and think. Think quietly about what would benefit her the most. Could it be a stable mother who lives with and looks after her? Or only in not this but the next 3 lives? Really, if you were a good mother, this thread would be sooo irrelevant. There shouldn't even be any question ...

"If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Firstly I mediate and take contemplation time daily if not more I often. I am acutely aware of my actions, repercussions and what drives those actions. Ally loves me even more for the fact that she has this great mommy out there doing things to help less fortunate people. This is not making her suffer but contrary if anything.

Eddie : you are right. The only thing I know about Africa is the little I picked up in a history component of a communication and english at uni and what I have been sent from other folks already there. I know at this particular place, in the township only 1 teacher has a degree and they have very poor facilities and budgetary rescource. People are sick and education is sorely lacking. If nothing else, I have 2 hands and song for suffering children I can controbute. Hey, I'll even do it in english so they learn that too. Perhaps in Joberge you are amongst the more priviledged. It's not like that everywhere and I think you underestimate the power of a good heart.

Mickey : you mean the one where you had to leave for work??

Ps: fascism :- relating to reaction / dictatorialism
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-04-2004 at 05:03 AM.

Originally posted by mickey
    Hi blooming lotus,

For the best benefit, it should be done in that person's community.

mickey
    and if your community is the global one??

Ps:: have contributed somewhat to many Aboriginals at home by education, friendship and support. Does that cover me there do you think??

Originally posted by mickey
    Hi again,

Another better example that combines both:

Selling lemonade from which the funds will go toward the development of a tutorial center or to improve the materials of a tutorial center already established.

You and your daughter can lead a group of children in her age group to achieve the objective.

mickey
    My daughter already contributes to all those around her less fortunate and I would never dictate nor project my spiritual obligations onto her. This is about me and my beliefs. She is a good girl and will no doubt do what she sees fit and appropriate.

Re: Africa, Africa, Africa,

Originally posted by Eddie
    [B]Hi Blooming lotus.

. The southern border of Mozambique is still loaded with land mines, which was planted there during these wars, and the UN has been busy for the last few years to try to clean up these mine fields.

and where do you think the man power for these things come from?? There are real people out there doing this.

“Secondly, in terms of buddhism, and particularly ch'an, do they have that information there?? I really don't know alot about the place, except the brief module I learnt in a history component at uni. ?

There is a big branch of a Buddhist Temple down in South Africa called the Nan Hua Temple. You can do a search, I know they have a website, but I don’t have the address. Their Main Temple is in South Africa in a town call Bronkhostspruit, but they have smaller ?branches?in other places. They might have some places in Mozambique, but again, I don’t know. It’s a Taiwanese branch, funded by Taiwan.

then we're off to a good start already

“Ps: may not have much food, water and likely not a computer. Because of lack of facilities , if and when I leave, I doubt it's going to be pretty. If I go, I'll send you my best "ugly shot" me in shaolin greys under the kilimanjaro. ( is that near - by there?? ) you may get lucky and loose me afterall ?

The water is not half as bad as the water in Asia, and it all depends on where you go. Kilimanjaro is by Kenya, very far from where you are going.

hmmm......

“Ps: If everyone thought like the above, how do these countries ever develop, how do they bail themselves out of their national dilema and you all say you'd like to see world hunger and needless suffering end ha???

I am pretty sure that there are hungry people where you come from too. You know the saying, Charity begins at home, have you ever thought of helping out the people in your home town? Africa is Africa, and I guarantee you, you are in for the culture shock of your life. But then again, Africa is also different to the rest of the world. Somehow people manage to live past all of the suffering and make life bearable. Not all African countries are in National dilemmas you know. Mozambique has one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Botswana is has one of the most stable economies on the continent and us down in South Africa has some of the most beautiful girls around (Charlese Theron is from Johannesburg).

I have done SOO much community work at home, I decided it was time to take it where need is greater and assistance is less available.

“Bs. It all starts with education. Besides the government has only the funding is does, and I did here recently they've made huge ground there in Africa for agriculture recenetly and may experience their first surplus in the last 100 or so yrs.?

Im sure you are reading the wrong newspapers. Education and Poverty are the two most used words by politicians in any campaign down here.

That is an unfair statement. Africa has been a third world nation for a very long time and has been begging the world to help for almost as long. Perhaps you are amongst the more fortunate, but to call yours a national standard is just not accurate.

“Now they may have money to spend, they need to have the education to count it, and spend it in the most effective ways. They also ( now they'll be in the "world market") need language to negotiate effectively and so forth. Information about business, health, economy, language skills etc will be priceless there in yrs to come. If enough of us get out there, it will change futures, individual and societal.?

Actually, there are more than enough languages over here. Do you know if you know French, English and Portuguese, you would be able to travel to just about any African country and be able to communicate to people.

Africa is not like what you see on the Tarzan TV shows or on CNN you know.

nor what I read at uni nor see daily on aide bid broadcasts??

“lol... and a Mugabe is what did you say???
    now how are going to help eradicate poverty if you don’t even know what a mugabe is? Oh well, let me try explain. A mugabe is something between a Bush and a Hoossein. A terrorist who owns a large part of the oil and diamond fields in Africa.
    Anyways, here is a very big list of Martial arts down in Southern Africa. Go to www.martialarts.co.za and go the the links pages. You might be surprised how diverse Africa really is.

My suggestion? Why bother to come down here and help people you know absolutely nothing about. I mean, you don’t even know what a mugabe is, you obviously don’t know too much about the present political situations down in Africa. Africa has unique problems (I have said this many times) and it needs unique solutions. A Huge part of the problem is about clashes between different ethnic groups and races (even though you may think all Africans look the same, they have different cultures and backgrounds). By introducing a new, foreign religious philosophy don’t you think you are just adding fuel to the fire? I don’t know. Although your dreams are noble, I suggest you learn more about the places before you just believe all that you hear.

Tobi
    “Places to go? Maybe buy a farm in Zimbabwe. Or I've heard Somalia is nice at this time of year.?

Don’t you know? You don’t even have to buy farms in Zim anymore. You just go and take one if you want. That is, if you fit the profile I mean.

I better go now, an elephant just trampled my rose garden outside, and it sounds like the baboons are in the kitchen again J (just kidding BL. You make it so easy for us) [/B[

so now we should only assist those we have personal profiles on ha?? Well lucky myself and my sister sponsor a few kids in poverty there and have something to work with.

but then , to agree I should go, would be toaccept some onus of same for your own lives. Forget I mentioned it.

Alone we come, alone we procede, and alone we check out.
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-04-2004 at 05:26 AM.

Don't listen to any naysayers bl. We're behind you all the way. Go! Go to Africa! Help the people. Even if that means we'll have to do without your usual presence on the internet 23.5 hours every day, still we'll do what we must to get by. You must save the people of Africa bl, it is your destiny!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

bl, are you really admitting that your only knowledge of Africa comes from a single uni history unit, and then, in the same post, trying to tell Eddie (an African that lives in Africa) that he doesn't know what he's talking about?