Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: shaolin buddhism and ma in Africa

And you're running away from this thread too, eh, bl?

Stick your fingers in your ears and shout, "Blah, blah, blah. I Caaaaan't Heeaar Yoouuuu!"

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    Johannasberge is the capital ...
    Uhh, I asked before but I'll ask again - you do know that Africa isn't a country, right? Do you know what "Johannasberge" (sic) is the capital of? Here's a major hint - do you know the capital(s) of South Africa?
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Cerbus : I had to eat.!!!!!

Serpent : I don't care. You all sucked the life out of it, and couple that with the hardship I'd have to undergo ...,I'm just taking my bat and my ball and heading for home. And when you do you pull into Africa to lend a hand yourself Serpent??

Toby : - Hmmm . don't understand???

What a loon!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    Toby : - Hmmm . don't understand???
    Don't understand what? Africa is not a country. Jo-burg is not the capital of any country, let alone "Africa". When you say "I'm going to Africa to help the underprivileged", you might as well say "I'm going to Asia to help the underprivileged". It's very non-specific. Are you going to Egypt, or South Africa? Very different places. Are you going to Korea, or Sri Lanka? Get it?
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Exactly! That's just what she doesn't understand.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by Toby
    Don't understand what? Africa is not a country. Jo-burg is not the capital of any country, let alone "Africa". When you say "I'm going to Africa to help the underprivileged", you might as well say "I'm going to Asia to help the underprivileged". It's very non-specific. Are you going to Egypt, or South Africa? Very different places. Are you going to Korea, or Sri Lanka? Get it?
    Cerebus : - you're hurting me

Toby:- spat yon dummy and going home , as in Australia to find the phd in hm then medicine. Ps: - don't care how you spell the qual, It's what I plan to obtain.

"I don't care how you spell the qual, it's what I plan to obtain."

Sounds like:

"Yeah, Imma git me one a them there..... whatever it was he called it. Than Imma be a dokter & do a buncha dokterin."

Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

lol. .... now you're feeling it, ( even if my typing is no true representation of my real life knoweledge and language skill ) ... ps: can you believe in a previous life I was a pa / secretary??!!

With your credibility being as low as it is, it's hard to believe ANYTHING you say.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

You're going to struggle to finish anything if a couple of days of internet discussion is enough to make you spit the dummy over a random argument.

Blooming Lotus.

You know noting of Africa nor of Johannesburg. Then again, you know nothing of my life and how we as Africans live down here. Also, Africa is a continent, and not country. I am starting to get the feeling that your post is one big hoaxes, and that you only want people to think you want to help people in Africa. If your intentions are really honest, then I think you are going about it in a very incorrect manner.

Why am I inviting you to come down here before you embark on your journey to eradicate poverty and world hunger? The answer is Simple. I know what I am talking about, and I might be able to make you see the real truth about our parts of the woods. I have lived in and experienced the cultures of this place.

This argument is going no-where. My last thoughts on this topic…

Leave Africa and her people alone. We need to sort out our own problems, and we need to learn in the process of doing so. We have ENOUGH people with suitable qualifications to do this work. Reform, Aid and upliftment should come from with in. IF NOT, THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS ALL OVER AGAIN. Let me explain a little clearer. As with every place in the world, people within nations have different political views. By nature, people want to be in control of their own destiny. They want to be the boss of their own country. The very same people whom you think you help, will eventually turn around and reject you, just as they have done in the past. Maybe we could discuss this on another forum at another time, cause I don’t think we should go into politics now, as we might offend many people by doing so.

Let us (Africans) sort out our own problems, as we have done so for the last few decades. South Africa is a very good example. Ten years back, we had many different opposing political forces who worked against each other. It was bad. Really bad. We were on the brink of civil war. Our president then, took matters to the people, and he did it in such a way, that we changed the nations thoughts without having to go to war. It wasn’t easy, but we did it our way. We did not rely on help from abroad. I think if we did get help from abroad, we would have not been able to achieve what we did today. This very same rule can apply to foreign medical or social aide. Mozambique is one of the countries in Africa with the fastest growing economy. They are able to take care of themselves, and they should rightfully do so.

I hope I am not offending you with this next statement, but I will say it anyways. Africa don’t want your religion. We have our own. We don’t want your language, we have our own. We don’t want your educational beliefs and social cultures. We have our own. The people of Africa is able to bring change to their own lands, and they should do it. Do we need foreign aide workers to help? Yes, we can probably do with your help. But, we need to do it ourselves to really make it work. Are we intellectually and socially inferior to the rest of the world? No ways.

I really suggest you do a thorough study on Africa, its people, its cultures and politics and of the causes of most of the wars and conflicts in history.

If you still want to come down here to help, then just know that not everyone would want your help. People might not be as grateful as you expect. And very important, be careful. Once again, the cultures down here can be cruel. You might note like and will probably never accept anything they do down here.

I am still inviting you to visit us before you go to Mozambique. For the mere reason that I can at least brief you on some of the cultures of our great continent (it has nothing to do with the fact that you said you used to be a super model stripper – but who knows, maybe subconsciously … just kidding).

And by the way, down here a MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. It has very little to do with medical science or anything related.

Then again, if you really want to help, join Bono, Dave Mathews, and many others here www.46664.com .

For now.
    Eddie

Originally posted by Toby
    You're going to struggle to finish anything if a couple of days of internet discussion is enough to make you spit the dummy over a random argument.

and as for you Cerebus, I don't know why I even return your comments. Speaking of low credibilty...

Eddie: got 2 lines into your post and became bored. As I said, all I know is what my friend told me who has been working there and what I have heard on the news and read in uni.

I'm sorry, but after your comment reiterating the suggestion to move so far far away , then a pm receipt from yourself moments later inviting me to come visit your town and your school, I don't particularly find the appeal. The whole mission has become a drama so, like I said, I'll just head home and get back to some lil luxuries, one of which is study.

Peace and good luck out there.

BL

Eddie, I read your post and I congratulate you on taking the time to be open and honest and in your effort to educate bl on something else that she knows jack sh!t about. The fact that she "became bored" after two lines is proof that she simply has no desire to learn and there's very little point in trying to help her.

And bl, cerebus has more credibility in his little finger than you will ever have.

BTW, Eddie - you obviously haven't seen the photo of bl. Don't get sucked in by her claim that she was a model. Only she would believe it.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Blooming lotus.
    as i said before, Im inviting you to visit us so that I can show you what our place is really like, but you obviously dont really care. I feel strong about certain political issues, and often may come accross slightly agressive. For this I appologise. My family has received and hosted many visitors from abroad, and they love doing this, so this invite is still standing. If you really want to experience Africa, then give me a call. I am always willing to help. You would be surprised how nice people, Africans really are.

Serpent,
    thanks for the post. We have a very unique situation in SA and Africa, and we seemed to have dealt with it the right way. Things have become so much better the last 10 years, and africa is going through a total renaissance period. If only mogabe could... never mind, this forum is also read by children.

You mean blooming lotus wasnt really a stripper? oh. ah well, one could only have hoped