Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shaolin Grandmasters Text

wow. nice bangs.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yup. alexander fu sheng. it's a 4 parter.

perhaps one of the most impenetrable non sensical kung fu movie series ever, matched only perhaps by the first one. we are still trying to figure out how they decided to make 2,3, and 4.

we seriously need a mind like uki's to figure that **** out.

but it might be too much even for his synapses to handle, hence my recommendation for the Aluminum Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by richard sloan View Post
    we seriously need a mind like uki's to figure that **** out. but it might be too much even for his synapses to handle, hence my recommendation for the Aluminum Hat.
    obviously if you need my mind to figure it out, you are establishing that your synapses are already short-circuited.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i wouldn't know i a shaw brothers film if i saw one.
    but would you know it if you were in one, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    obviously if you need my mind to figure it out, you are establishing that your synapses are already short-circuited.
    no. Sadly, I'm a creature of rational thought and logic. we need someone who thinks by having random synaptical firings, but who thinks it's sensical to take a stab at it and see if chaos can lead to some semblance of understanding.

I know that is not a word, but screw it, when dealing with this kind of thing like the Grandmasters Text and the Brave Archer series, we can make up whatever we want.

yup. alexander fu sheng. it's a 4 parter.

perhaps one of the most impenetrable non sensical kung fu movie series ever, matched only perhaps by the first one. we are still trying to figure out how they decided to make 2,3, and 4.

we seriously need a mind like uki's to figure that **** out.

but it might be too much even for his synapses to handle, hence my recommendation for the Aluminum Hat.
    maybe it's a chinese attempt at outing oneself?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    maybe it's a chinese attempt at outing oneself?
    until Uki watches it and tells us, God only knows.

no. Sadly, I'm a creature of rational thought and logic.
    it's not wise to embrace one aspect of thought... perhaps you'll become more happy when you embrace the opposite sometimes.
    we need someone who thinks by having random synaptical firings, but who thinks it's sensical to take a stab at it and see if chaos can lead to some semblance of understanding.
    understanding chaos is simply to understand the nature of change...
    I know that is not a word, but screw it, when dealing with this kind of thing like the Grandmasters Text and the Brave Archer series, we can make up whatever we want.
    making up whatever we want is called creation... it's only logical that artists create by making something from nothing. look at martial arts... it is an ever-evolving, changing, and adapting creation, what works for someone, might not work for everyone... creation is the expression of our souls(spirit) to our senses.

until Uki watches it and tells us, God only knows.
    i'll check netflix... you've piqued my curiosity.

see what I mean?

he's perfect for the job.

I would love to see that.
    I saw it in the 1980s, at Johnny Wu's house in Cleveland Ohio. I was with a group of various well known masters that were judging at Johnny's tournaments he was doing back then.

It was a tape made by this Seattle school, I think they had a tv show in that area where they did some sill stuff and then promoted their school.

One of their students sued them for fraud, the chief instructor had to admit in court that his lineage was made up and so was the martial arts he taught there at the school.

I think the person's name (teacher) was Simon, forgot the last name, a skinny pasty faced guy, he even had books out.

I guess they send Johnny the videos and book to be reviewed in his Han Wei journal, where I first started writing my KF history research articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    It was a tape made by this Seattle school, I think they had a tv show in that area where they did some sill stuff and then promoted their school.

One of their students sued them for fraud, the chief instructor had to admit in court that his lineage was made up and so was the martial arts he taught there at the school.

I think the person's name (teacher) was Simon, forgot the last name, a skinny pasty faced guy, he even had books out.
    lol. Simon Olaf. Temple Kungfu Schools owner and propagator of total nonsense crap that he tries to pawn off as kungfu. Sounds mean? Avoid this guy and his schools like the plague. They will atke your money and waste your time. YOu've got better things to do with your life tahn waste time with this loogan and his nonsense.

I think he's gone as far as deifying himself in a compound in BC. Real screw job.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol. Simon Olaf. Temple Kungfu Schools owner and propagator of total nonsense crap that he tries to pawn off as kungfu. Sounds mean? Avoid this guy and his schools like the plague. They will atke your money and waste your time. YOu've got better things to do with your life tahn waste time with this loogan and his nonsense.

I think he's gone as far as deifying himself in a compound in BC. Real screw job.
    Yes, him exactly!

His books had the same baloney stories as this "grandmasterbator's text" has.
    I wonder if he is the source of it?

Yes, him exactly!

It's possible. He likes to write a bunch of hogwash fantasy crap and then try to sell it as if it was real. I wouldn't put it past him. He's stooped low a few times already when it comes to the destruction of martial arts practice in the west.

why not do it some more with this hodge podge crap book?

yeesh, if it is olafs, that does explain a lot! hahaha.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

you must be a sifu-master-teacher... your words are empowering, filled with eloquence and grace... a true patron of the arts.

It's possible. He likes to write a bunch of hogwash fantasy crap and then try to sell it as if it was real. I wouldn't put it past him. He's stooped low a few times already when it comes to the destruction of martial arts practice in the west.

why not do it some more with this hodge podge crap book?

yeesh, if it is olafs, that does explain a lot! hahaha.
    I like to sell "hogwash fantasy" too (I hope it's not crap) but I label my writing, when I write "hogwash fantasy" as "fantasy fiction" so as to avoid confusion.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.