Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shaolin Grandmasters Text

Scott-
    Rolf did the definitive version of 'Stairway to Heaven'- my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOIy...eature=related

Oh- to get back on topic I bought a copy of the 'Shaolin Grandmasters Text'. Amazon '1 click ordering' has a lot to answer for - if I had had a chance to flick through it first I would have seen through it and not wasted my money.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingCrane View Post
    Scott-

Oh- to get back on topic I bought a copy of the 'Shaolin Grandmasters Text'. Amazon '1 click ordering' has a lot to answer for - if I had had a chance to flick through it first I would have seen through it and not wasted my money.
    LOL.....He didn't milk the success of Tie Me Kangaroo Down at all did he?

It is VERY clear how he got old fast!

Quote Originally Posted by RisingCrane View Post
    Scott-

You can open a seller account on Amazon and sell it to some other unsuspecting person. I would rather get my money back and pass the problem on to the next person.

Ebay is always another avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There are quite a few tong folks, kmt folks etc who have direct connections with the last of the shaolin IEre 1928.
    One of my high school friend's great uncles was a kmt officer who was known for his iron palm. He was apparently a page for the temple when he was younger.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 02-20-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uki
    ummmmm.... whoa.

it is clear that you lack any kind of decent grammatical comprehension skills.
    I was beginning to think the same with you

i wonder how many shaolin were also skilled in the art of juggling?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i wonder how many shaolin were also skilled in the art of juggling?? LOL
    Why don't you make up a story about it, write it, then publish it as the lost art of shaolin juggling and then make the claim that juggling is the fourth treasure of shaolin.

I'm sure it will go over well in some circles. then you could have your horde and minions of martial arts juggle squads who will make patios for you. While beating up evil ones and juggling of course. Oh, and selling books, but giving them away to clown schools, circus schools and other juggling institutions.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Why don't you make up a story about it, write it, then publish it as the lost art of shaolin juggling and then make the claim that juggling is the fourth treasure of shaolin.
    who's to say this isn't the truth already??

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    who's to say this isn't the truth already??
    people who don't suffer from schizophrenia mostly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talking thoughts on shaolin grandmasters text???

I loved this book, although it was brought to my attention that some find it controversial. I'm guessing that they think the monks still practice the original shaolin, which I feel no longer exists their due to the communist takeover and the burning of the original temple!! Any other opinions??? Please be respectful !!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ironclaw1981 View Post
    I loved this book, although it was brought to my attention that some find it controversial. I'm guessing that they think the monks still practice the original shaolin, which I feel no longer exists their due to the communist takeover and the burning of the original temple!! Any other opinions??? Please be respectful !!
    Two words: "Epic Fail"

Not you, the book.

I have no further comment.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Two words: "Epic Fail"

Not you, the book.

I have no further comment.
    Id kinda like to know what you didn't like about it?? I thought it was pretty informative!! I respect your opinion tho!!!

Id kinda like to know what you didn't like about it?? I thought it was pretty informative!! I respect your opinion tho!!!
    Most of my commentary on it is throughout the massive thread your thread has now been merged with.

It's a slick and clever publication, no doubt. It's the content that I amongst others, take issue with.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Most of my commentary on it is throughout the massive thread your thread has now been merged with.

It's a slick and clever publication, no doubt. It's the content that I amongst others, take issue with.
    Geez, I read the whole thread, and I must admit I have a new outlook on it now!! I guess I tend to be gullible sometimes, sounds like they are a bunch of frauds, what a shame they were able to get pupublished!! I kinda feel like a horses a$$, guess I need a keener eye for hogwash!! Thanks for the help dave!!

Just because a building is burned, doesn't mean that every monk who ever practiced there and all their disciples dies instantly.

Thinking real shaolin is lost is a retarded opinion that only people who have never been there hold. There are hundreds of villages in the vicinity of shaolin temple, many where everyone in the village practices kung fu, some for 700 years without broken lineage (e.g LuoTuoYa). The vast amount of kung fu that surrounds shaolin can not be lost, even by a disaster as epic as the cultural revolution. All the best of shaolin is always passed on. Shaolin was always taught to lay disciples as well as monks, and monks frequently left shaolin, so even if every monk were killed shaolin would still survive. But every monk wasn't killed, in fact few were.

The sheer number of 80 y.o + masters in the area around shaolin is staggering. Song shan really has one of the densest areas of kung fu masters anywhere. There are even masters alive today who trained directly under Shi Henglin (a great monk in shaolin long before the 1928 fire). Many alive who trained under Li Genshen and Wushanlin (great masters of shaolin, who were masters before the burning).

It may interest you all to know a little known fact, that the warlord who burned down shaolin in 1928 was later buried alive for his crime.