Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: shaolin vs. TKD clip

Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    a language u dont understand

*quoted from you*
    What language are attempting to communicate in sir?

hmm..what langauge is that??...are attempting??..wow u good at communicating too your self
    it so funnie how people make fun of me for da way i type and ghetto slang ebonics internet lingo i use or wutever u wanna it..but ya...he cant even must use good grammar him self and make any sense himself..lolz..HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Hey, that's great! Thank you! So I guess you don't have to write like an idiot, you just choose to. Good for you. I guess you have an image you are trying to promote with that bull****.

that what i was wondering..why no takes town..why no circle or side step and counter??i am talking bout from both people..none of them counter attacked really or finishing advancing and would just stop
    i wanted to see blood!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there sounds?

Oh, there it is again! That is so cool! You must be really popular with your cool lingo.

Re: projecting

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Before you all get too deep in what should be and what might have happened, you must consider the context of the bout. It was a Korean variety show. I went through a week or so where I was watching some Korean variety shows on late night (and I don't understand any Korean). The motif is always the same. There's some goofy guy who tries whatever cultural thingy they are looking at and makes a total fool of himself. The crowd laughs. Then there's some cute girl who tries it and manages to do it once. The crowd 'ooohs'. Then there's a demonstration from someone who's the real deal. Given that this bout was in the context of such a show, the actions of both the TKD master and Xinghong were very limited - there was a lot of face riding on what happened. If you understand the first rule of face, you have to give your adversary an 'out'. That was the origins of lei tai, when you think about it. It provides the 'out' without being killed.

I always enjoy watching Xinghong move. I remember when he kicked a hole in the concrete wall of the wushuguan 'by accident' then tried desperately to cover it up. I also enjoyed the fan technique he pulled off on that goofy Korean guy. Xinghong is really great.
    I just received a reply to this thread and re-read some pages back. So in this statement, what are you saying exactly??? That being a formulared variety show style clip , it wasn't an accurate representation???
    and if so , does anyone have a clip to a "real " event/ match of tkd faces off shaolin???

are their comps where they can both compete against each other??? like an "allstyle" comp or something??
    Gene???
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-12-2004 at 02:54 AM.

OMG I cant stop watching this vid. It is so cool, any more info on the shaolin monk? I would love to read about him.
    HR

mm hmmm..

and that clip would be where exactly??

tkd vs shaolin ring style right?? Can't find it. Does doc have one??

cheers

Ps: kinda girly here for a mo, but just wanted to public thk you for your efforts bringing shaolin ( particulary gongfu) to the west, because amongst everyone else , it also found me. As far as I'm I'm concerned, you were the first and I respect your style.

cheers Xiao.

Originally posted by unkokusai
    Oh, there it is again! That is so cool! You must be really popular with your cool lingo.
    dis boy is whacked......i tink i typed the same in both responses....it was the same typin style..so wat face am i triyn to put??..lolz....wutever im not gonna worry bout u..dis be my last response...and i dont tink it ym cool lingo dat got my popular..more like makin me do lohan chang 2 times in li peng comp did..lolz

dis boy is whacked......i tink i typed the same in both responses....it was the same typin style..so wat face am i triyn to put??..lolz....wutever im not gonna worry bout u..dis be my last response...and i dont tink it ym cool lingo dat got my popular..more like makin me do lohan chang 2 times in li peng comp did..lolz
    you're being modest. You know the combination of Lohan AND d00d speak makes your kung fu invincible. Unko just wants to steal your secret training manual.

Actually, I think he was feeling a bit of a sting when he reread his post and realized he screwed up his grammar trying to chastise yours and you pointed it right out to him! LOLOL!!

hahaha of course..my combination of lohan and my lingo is wat i am all bout..o ya..lolz..no one will steal my secret training..never never!!..it very secret....maybe i sell to gene and he can publish and make money for martialartmarts..=)...haha jk

and ya..i tink he ****ed cuz i caught his own grammer mistake..i stil find dat so funnie..lolz..someone tryin to make fun of my typing wen they cant grammer themself..lolz

are their comps where they can both compete against each other??? like an "allstyle" comp or something??
    hmm...

bl, think about that one for a second...

There are thousands of open tournies world wide... they might have certain rule sets, but that by no means precludes any of these styles...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

okay. .....

So do we have a clip for one?

Try a google search, and you should be able to find one. Or just search the main forum for NHB & San Shou clips for examples(is that clips thread still stuck at the top?)

Brad,

Maybe you would know which is a typical clip, like one where tkd uses technics that shaolin would lose and vice versa.

I don't think I've ever seen a "pure" TKD guy compete in a non-TKD open full contact tourny.

has anyone seen a "real" bout where tkd won over shaolin???