Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shaolin vs. TKD clip

shaolin vs. TKD clip

Yes yes....finally i found it back...a small clip where Xing Hong is fighting (demo) a TKD guy..

Go here

To download :
    1.)Press the download button(the one with arrow pointing down to the box)
    2.)Then it would ask for id(orange) and password(yellow).id is tkdzone,password is 123456.
    3.)Press the download button again.

hmmmm....how come xing hong didnt kick da guy ass..but jus like would always stop at the end and stop advancing??..i dont understand??was dis light contact or someting??..but nice video....xing hong did a tornado kick one leg in a fite..haha i never though i see dat in a fite..lolz!!!
    got anymore of dis??or is it only one clip??
    want to see more!!!!

Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    hmmmm....how come xing hong didnt kick da guy ass..but jus like would always stop at the end and stop advancing??..i dont understand??was dis light contact or someting??..but nice video....xing hong did a tornado kick one leg in a fite..haha i never though i see dat in a fite..lolz!!!
    got anymore of dis??or is it only one clip??
    want to see more!!!!

What language are you attempting to communicate in sir?
    Last edited by unkokusai; 09-11-2004 at 03:47 PM.

a language u dont understand

*quoted from you*
    What language are attempting to communicate in sir?

hmm..what langauge is that??...are attempting??..wow u good at communicating too your self
    it so funnie how people make fun of me for da way i type and ghetto slang ebonics internet lingo i use or wutever u wanna it..but ya...he cant even must use good grammer him self and make any sense himself..lolz..HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Pk_StyLeZ; 09-06-2004 at 12:00 PM.

LOL!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    xing hong did a tornado kick one leg in a fite..
    and who says that aerials are redundant in a fight??

so Xing Hong is a monk right?? It doesn't take long to get a black belt in tkd but the "monk" and himself are obviously both skilled.

What do you think the reason for the result was

1. "monk" trained longer
    2. personally more skilled
    3. shaolin has more options than tkd and really they had even skill level in their style ( deeming shaolin a "style" in itself) and had trained for equal time
    4. shaolin has more options than tkd and they really were even skilled though one had trained longer than the other

or add own option here.

Xiao : - Do you know how long each'd trained??
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-07-2004 at 02:49 AM.

Xing Hong is training since he was a child....so he was around 28 years than...the other guy was some kind of TKD champion at that time of the 'fight'...

The 'fight' is stupid....but did You notice that XH has defence techniques and the other guy is just 'running away'
    Last edited by xiao; 09-07-2004 at 03:44 AM.

I take it they were using Olympic TKD style rules (afterall, I didn't see any hand techniques, sweeps or takedowns)? And why did they each retreat in a straight line when the other attacked rather than circling or angling?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

hey, that was pretty cool. good energy from both players.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

that what i was wondering..why no takes town..why no circle or side step and counter??i am talking bout from both people..none of them counter attacked really or finishing advancing and would just stop
    i wanted to see blood!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there sounds?

It was just a demo. I think it shows how non martial olympic TKD could be.

is that the one where xing hong almsot takes the guys head off with a tornado kick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I think they are both holding back

Xinghong gets off some pretty spectacular moves, but the TKD guy is no slouch. I imagine it's sort of a face issue. It's not a true 'all out' match, obviously, since they both back off at the last moment. I feel Xinghong gets the better of the TKD guy of course, but I'm biased. I've seen Xinghong in action plenty of times...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The TKD guy had NO blocking techs.

blocking

There are two ways to defend - block and distance. I suppose you could count counterattack as another defence, but by strict definition, counterattacks are really coutern offense, not defense. The TKD master used distance ok, it's hard to say really, given that all-too-short example. If the opponent has a really strong technique, like Xinghong, distance is a much better option than trying to block. I suspect if they both went all out, the TKD master would have been at the disadvantage here since competitors don't generally block against full power attacks.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart