Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: grappling vs knife vid

I havent learned that one yet. I think thats about 50 more years of training.

Oh brother.............................

He almost got stabbed in the nuts at the end.

If someone kicked you and you had a knife, wouldn't you try to stab or slash their leg?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i dont know, i dont think that guy had any grappling experience. me and my kf brother were tlaking about it last night cause he saw the video too. its very sketchy, im sure any grappler with exp would know for get the knife out of his hands and not grab him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Our latest web article

READ Chin Na versus Knife by Chris Friedman
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I haven't practiced MA for a while and it still surprises me that these types of demos are still being put together...sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I haven't practiced MA for a while and it still surprises me that these types of demos are still being put together...sad really.

You haven't practiced MA in a while yet you are commenting on those who do. Enough said.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 01-13-2018 at 04:34 AM.

There is a popular trend these days to say things like "o no one will just stand there and let you do the technique". It is always directed towards TMA. The fact is all grappling arts practice techniques on cooperative training partners. In BJJ which I trained in and competed in does the same. When you learn an arm bar they partner gives you his arm as you drill the technique. In Judo which I trained in and competed in when you practice throws your partner holds onto your sleeve and collar and you do the set up 9 times then the throw on the tenth one. He offers no resistance. in sombo which I trained in before, when you practice and ankle lock your partner does not resists. Only when you see a TMA practice a "Technique" comes the comments. In this link you will see Royce Gracie doing one of the vary same knife defense you will see in my video. as you will notice no negative comments. yes he has proven himself in the ring doesn't mean I or other TMA haven't proven themselves in real life, maybe they just aren't making a living as a pro fighter. point is same training method same technique but when TMA does it is time for the {o no one will stand there] no **** ,you are training principles like avoiding, capturing and controlling.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 01-12-2018 at 11:55 PM.

You put something on the internet for all to see yet you get defensive when a comment doesn't praise you for what you've shown. Look, we've been seeing these knife defenses for years and learned them ourselves, but from what I recall, you have a small chance of escaping a guy with a knife without some serious damage.

Lastly, who cares what the gracies vids show. You put up a video of your chin na vs knife and it was posted in a forum for people to read and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

This message is hidden because Brule is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

save you finger energy, I know your type, best way to deal with blood sucking leaches of society is it to ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    This message is hidden because Brule is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

save you finger energy, I know your type, best way to deal with blood sucking leaches of society is it to ignore them
    Name:  Skärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 06.38.25.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  24.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    Name:  Skärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 06.38.25.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  24.0 KB

To all my supportive positive go getters on this message board, just wanted to share some more of my accomplishments in this amazing journey. I'm sure you are all happy to see someone living their MA dream ,and are in your own way living your life to the fullest.

Knife demos are typically pretty weak, no matter if it's a traditional gongfu guy or a BJJ guy, because they never show the techniques being practiced in a situation with a resisting opponent. If you watch the aikido competition here, you'll see an asymmetric match of unarmed vs knife. Though the players are restricted in what kind of techniques either can do, you can see that a) you will be cut if you go unarmed vs a guy with a knife and b) those chin na or grappling techniques that act on the arm or hand are very, very difficult to pull off.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior