Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The One-Handed Pushup

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    yah.... and leg strength / mobility naturally ensues..........more they bargained for ha
    No. To train leg strength and mobility they would do weights and field drills respectively.

you'd be as cheering to see me as I would you..........no shame dude, just note trade and reality checking .
    I'm still waiting for those photos ... Remember I posted some and you promised we'd get yours? Anyway, I'd cheer to see a video of you just like I'll cheer if I go to see "Dodgeball" at the movies.

correct . if not more ......
    So more than 1300 dragon flags a day? Mm-hmm.

I hate that word.no not fascist.faciciest.. ( phonologolically fasishiest) dwai.sarcastic....... sue me on it, but wait up cause the sue que's lil long at the mo....
    Faciciest?
    Fasishiest?
    Faciciast?

There isn't even anything remotely similar in the thesaurus reference for sarcastic.
    I'm tiny, I do speed, dimmak and accuracy ( like yesterday when this crazy , nice smelling mid-east dude promised m e a coffe in the visa office lunch break, but instead drove me miles from the embassy and tried to "sex slave / rape " ) no shyte .crazy mofo!!!) me but escaped nicely regardless......... and your method ???
    I love your stories.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

she means "facetious", I think.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Ahhh, makes sense now. Thanks MY .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

you're welcome. that was easy.

"phonologolically", however, is not so simple to decipher.

but really, I just busted out some of those dragon flags and those ARE rough -- in a good way.

www.curious3d.com

Bet you didn't do more than 1300 . I haven't done any for a while and I'll continue to avoid them at the moment - they're not good for my shoulder.

sure didn't. I did two sets of 50 and the second set was getting pretty slow there at the end.

I do them as FngSaiYuk described, but I don't bend my legs. keeping legs straight up, lift up until butt and lower back are not touching the ground, then return.
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 09-13-2004 at 09:44 PM.

www.curious3d.com

Dragon Flags were described incorrectly. They're not reverse crunches. Let me try to find a pic.

BL, there's no way you do more than 10 of them per day. With your ab endurance routine, I doubt you can even do one. Fvck, I used to have strong abs and I got like 2 or 3 one time. I don't really do ab training any more other than DL and Squat and Bench press and I could maybe get one if I tried.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

This is a dragon flag, but it's not a good picture. Note that ONLY HIS SHOULDERS are touching the bench. It looks like his back is, but it's not. Usually people do them off the end of the bench. The point is, only his head and shoulders are touching the bench, and his back is not.

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/images/dragon3.jpg
    Last edited by IronFist; 09-13-2004 at 09:50 PM.

whoa.

off the end of the bench? wow.. would like to see that.

www.curious3d.com

Agree with Iron. I used to find them very hard on the neck. Also, I'd struggle to hold the bench tightly enough. Lots of arm strength required to not lose your grip when you're trying to hold up most of your bodyweight. The shoulder/neck acts as a fulcrum, the legs and everything below your chest are the load and the arms are the force holding you up. Additional force required (the ab component) to keep you straight like a board. Like Iron, I'd struggle to do a handful. I didn't read the reverse crunch description before but I just did then and yeah, it isn't how I would describe them.

Yeah. I'm sure people will look at that pic and still think he's just lifting his legs up, which is wrong.

I find that I get biceps cramps from doing them, but my biceps don't hurt until I let go at the end. Is that weird?

I used to get the same sort of cramps. So yeah, you're weird, but so am I .

Originally posted by Ming Yue
    you're welcome. that was easy.

"phonologolically", however, is not so simple to decipher.

That is by far and away my favourite bl word to date. I'd love to hear her try to use that word in a sentence!

Dragon Flags kick ass. I want to get a bench so I can try that out. I wonder how many I could manage?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

They strike me as similar to pistols, Jandas, standing ab rollers, etc. If you're not used to them, you'll probably struggle to do 1. Plus, correct form isn't necessarily easy.

Watch this space. I'll let you know next time I'm near a bench of some kind.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching