Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The One-Handed Pushup

Originally posted by Serpent
    That is by far and away my favourite bl word to date. I'd love to hear her try to use that word in a sentence!

Dragon Flags kick ass. I want to get a bench so I can try that out. I wonder how many I could manage?

anything that can be done off a bench, can be done off a bed, a lounge suit or a table if you wanna get really creative

His pronunciation is just not phonolocially correct.

Originally posted by IronFist
    This is a dragon flag, but it's not a good picture. Note that ONLY HIS SHOULDERS are touching the bench. It looks like his back is, but it's not. Usually people do them off the end of the bench. The point is, only his head and shoulders are touching the bench, and his back is not.

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/images/dragon3.jpg
    Iron: can't get the link to open but if someone can post the pic, we'll go from there.

I'm sure you remember my crazy ab regime. We argued about it long enough. Can you get the pic up for me??

Originally posted by Toby
    No. To train leg strength and mobility they would do weights and field drills respectively.

that I'll give you but dancers don't and their leg strength kick as*!

I'm still waiting for those photos ... Remember I posted some and you promised we'd get yours? Anyway, I'd cheer to see a video of you just like I'll cheer if I go to see "Dodgeball" at the movies.

So more than 1300 dragon flags a day? Mm-hmm.

I love your stories.
    1300 dragon flags?? no no ... 3000 abs in general .

as for my "true" stories, you should hear the one about the cts guy who followed me back to my hotel room to "assist" me , grabbed and groped me thinking I looked either needy or foreign enough and instead got makked with a sp9 blade and a chin na wrist twist, before he submitted and begged for the "call me later " option. And all without breaking the sugar drole

You can't do dragon flags off a bed. A table would be very difficult and probably not balanced nor strong enough to support you.

The reason I say you can't do them is because of your ab routine. The same reason a marathoner can't win a sprint race.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

... the same reason ironfist can't run eight feet.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Basically
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Ah, love all your conversations, lol, from one hand pushup, all the way to making almost 3 pages about Dragon Flags, heh, I need to try doing one.
    Be water my friend.

Originally posted by IronMonkey
    ... 3 pages about Dragon Flags, heh, I need to try doing one.
    They're fun!!!!

ohhh... the burn!!! the burn!!!!

THE most difficult ab excercise I've come across yet!

Originally posted by FngSaiYuk
    They're fun!!!!

ohhh... the burn!!! the burn!!!!

THE most difficult ab excercise I've come across yet!
    Haha, friend of mine who I talk with (same friend who gave me advice on one hand pushups) told me that I shouldnt try to do them cause it might bring pain to my knee, since you kinda have to tense up your legs when going up.
    Be water my friend.

You have to tense your whole body from your upper abs to your toes! Well, mebe not your WHOLE body, but a good portion of the muscles. In any case, you'd get a great workout by tensing up ALL of those muscles when maintaining the straight and rigid body.

IronMonkey, I doubt they'd hurt your knee. If so, you're in a fairly handicapped state and should be more concerned with fixing your knee than one-handed pushups or dragon flags.

For more killer stomach exercises, try Janda situps, full-contact twists, standing ab rollers, bent press off the top of my head. I'd almost guarantee no-one here can do a standing ab roller. If you can, I'd be extremely impressed. Jandas are difficult at first but doable - no cheating though. The other two you can vary the weight to suit.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

can you describe a standing ab roller?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

prev, and
    Originally posted by FngSaiYuk
    You have to tense your whole body from your upper abs to your toes! Well, mebe not your WHOLE body, but a good portion of the muscles. In any case, you'd get a great workout by tensing up ALL of those muscles when maintaining the straight and rigid body.
    this is just a variation on a hard core pilates regime, ( dynamic bwe) an swearing to it.. no matter else, the core is good. I'd happyily meet you anywhere anytime, regardless of corrent sit and pump out your requ.

dead set boys,

been a little fat *( > 48 kgs and now die hard ab effectionado). maybe don't know so so much, but for sure , more than most, applicatively speaking, know my abs and know nutrition!

i'd meet you on the call!!!!!! Any one local to0 guangzhou with a few mins to spare??

no doubt see the Sydney boys soonish ( providing I don't lose hope or take the "lay and die on a mountain" option. )

apprently you all "need " , so looking forward to "proving " myself the min i reach civilisatio£Î

£é£Æ¡¡£Ù£Ï£Õ¡¡£§£Ò£Å¡¡£Ã£È£Ò£É£Ó£Ô£É£Á£Î£¬¡¡£Ð£Ò£Á £Ù¡¡£Æ£Ï£Ò¡¡£Í£Ù¡¡
    £Ó£Á£Æ£Å¡¡£Ò£Å£Ô£Õ£Ò£Î¡¡£È£Ï£Í£Å¡¡£È£Á£¿£¿£¿

£Ã£È£Å£Å£Ò£Ó¡¡£Í£Á¡¡£Å£Ò£Ó¡¡
    ¡¡

Originally posted by Ming Yue
    can you describe a standing ab roller?
    Just doing ab rollers on your feet instead of your knees. I do 3x8 on my knees once a week, but every now and then I try the standing ones and fail miserably. You get to a certain point and just crash down. I remember reading some T-mag article where they tried out like 20 college athletes or so and only one could do a standing ab roller. He went on to become some kind of sports star, NFL maybe. Vague story, but the point is they're hard.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

1nce / week nancy???

ab rollers have limited rom, and to be honest I think it comes down more to arm , upper back than full on ab....

I swear and promise ( which I rarely do)..If the baystards will let let me go home ( ) I'm gon' shoot that ab - doer clip and post it for all... You really don't know what you're missing!!!!!!!!

damm I wanna show it to yas..................

Ps: this clip ( if and when it comes out ) is going to revoloutionise ( notice oz s in lieu of z spelling ) ab- regimes globally!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah!!!