Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The One-Handed Pushup

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    1nce / week nancy???
    Yeah, once a week Ronald. I prefer Jandas and full-contact twists at the moment, so those I do 3 times a week and add in the ab roller on Fridays.
    ab rollers have limited rom, and to be honest I think it comes down more to arm , upper back than full on ab...
    They do stress the arm and back considerably. But nowhere near as much as other exercises I do. I like them. Plus the ROM is quite good, from 90° to 180° upper body to legs angle. Do you do them standing? I know everything else is sooo easy for you, like more than 1300 a day dragon flags.
    I swear and promise ( which I rarely do)..If the baystards will let let me go home ( ) I'm gon' shoot that ab - doer clip and post it for all... You really don't know what you're missing!!!!!!!!

damm I wanna show it to yas..................

Ps: this clip ( if and when it comes out ) is going to revoloutionise ( notice oz s in lieu of z spelling ) ab- regimes globally!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think everyone would be asleep before your 2hr ab-doer routine was over .

... revoloutionise ( notice oz s in lieu of z spelling )
    Yep, that "s" surely corrected the spelling for me, teech .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

considering rest o' ab regime.okay. acceptable for a . grade performance
    (like I'm the expert )

sleeping???? No babe....... we'd have little time so telly time / ab work in front of telly is all good all round !!!! , and for singles, awesome chill time!!!...... breathe and work a lil......do it on A sette even!!!!

)

cheers boys

B
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-15-2004 at 03:43 AM.

Iron

Ignore the pm because I found the thread and got the pic to open.

that's exactly what I thought you meant, and yah, I do up to 600 - 1000 ish of those when I have a routine on. The only difference is that I don't hold on overhead because Like with Iron body, when I draw my abs down into my lower diaphragm and tuck my ribs away, I feel the over head thing takes some weight / resistence out of the exercise, so I put my hands either at my side or under the small of my back.

Also, if you can do these incline / decline ( off a bench or sofa) and add a twist with arms extended to side, you get an awesome olibique crunch. Regular ( as in daily ) part of my regime.

Looks like I may be home soonish, so I'll try to post a clip if I can swing it, to demo the variations. Unless we're all clear.
    Are we clear??

Re: Iron

Looks like I may be home soonish, so I'll try to post a clip if I can swing it, to demo the variations. Unless we're all clear.
    Are we clear??
    Nope, not clear, I would be VERY interested to see a clip of these variations.

lol, oh my gosh you do not do 1300 dragon flags. Maybe you do 1300 of something that looks like a dragon flag, like leg raises where your butt is still on the bench, but you don't do 1300 dragon flags. Remember the part where I said ONLY YOUR HEAD, NECK, AND SHOULDERS TOUCH THE BENCH, AND YOUR BACK DOESN'T? You do not do 1300 of them per day.

btw, your inbox is full, anyway.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

That's why it's better to do them off the edge of a bench, so that people can see that only your head is touching because there's no bench underneath your back at all

Re: Iron

that's exactly what I thought you meant, and yah, I do up to 600 - 1000 ish of those when I have a routine on. The only difference is that I don't hold on overhead because Like with Iron body, when I draw my abs down into my lower diaphragm and tuck my ribs away, I feel the over head thing takes some weight / resistence out of the exercise, so I put my hands either at my side or under the small of my back.

btw, you're not doing dragon flags because you can't do them with your hands under your lower back because that means your butt would still be touching the bench.

Please go reread my description of them.

Again, for the reading-impaired:

Things that DO touch the bench:
    -head
    -neck
    -shoulders
    -hands (above your head)

Things that do NOT touch the bench:
    -back
    -butt
    -legs
    -butt
    -back
    -hips
    -back

Are we clear on that yet?

Also, BL, using your arms for support by placing them under or beside your torso does not isolate your abs or make the excercise any more difficult. In fact, it makes it a LOT easier. At that point it's not far fetched for someone to do 1500 say, flutterkicks throughout the day.

Try to follow these steps and let us know if you can feel it... this is the most difficult excercise I know of for my abs-

lay with your shoulders on the edge of a bench

grip the bench either beside or just above your head

pull your body up vertically, so that your body is rigid from the base of your chest to your toes, shoulders on the bench, chin to your chest - you should be looking straight down your body to your toes, the ceiling, or sky

keep your body straight and rigid from the base of your chest to your toes, and lower your body to be as parallel to the floor as possible over a 4-5 count period - do NOT allow any part of your body to break the plane supporting your shoulders

pause near parallel to the floor for 1-3 sec- body straight and rigid, your head facing upwards to the sky/ceiling

slowly raise your body, maintaining rigidness, back up to the starting position over a 4-5 count

That's one rep, don't pause between reps, as soon as your body is vertical, continue to the next rep. Let us know how many reps & sets you can do.

Oh the BURN!!!!

Here is an illustration to show that the back and hips do not touch the bench. Please note that the back and hips are not touching the bench. Please also note that they are not flutter kicks, nor are they reverse crunches. Please note that it is impossible to do them with your hands under your lower back because of gravity.
    Last edited by IronFist; 09-15-2004 at 03:55 PM.

ooooh, art!

Originally posted by Toby
    Just doing ab rollers on your feet instead of your knees. I do 3x8 on my knees once a week, but every now and then I try the standing ones and fail miserably. You get to a certain point and just crash down. I remember reading some T-mag article where they tried out like 20 college athletes or so and only one could do a standing ab roller. He went on to become some kind of sports star, NFL maybe. Vague story, but the point is they're hard.
    If thats what it is, I can do it, I did them before, not that many though, hehe.
    Be water my friend.

Lol @ the pic, nice drawing Dragonflags seem hard, I need a sturdy bench to try to do them on, so it doesnt fall when I grip it.
    Be water my friend.

I love Iron's drawings.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

That's the best Iron art yet! Nice one.

IronMonkey, if you can do standing ab rollers, that's great! It is easier for young people in general than old ****s like me. Like how little kids can play all day without getting tired and I gas out after 10min. So try and keep it up when you get old like me .

Eyebrows, it's impossible to do dragon flags without holding on to the bench behind your head. Simple physics. The fulcrum is your shoulders/neck, so unless your head weighs as much as everything below your shoulders, you're not going to be able to do it. Hmmm, actually in your case ...
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Originally posted by Serpent
    I love Iron's drawings.

lol... missed his calling ha

Toby : I don't even believe in impossible so I can't pay your comment.

I'm kind of a lil more clear on what you're saying, and even though i haven't had a full routine on for a bit, I'll check it out tonight in terms of how many of your presciption I can do and i'll get back to you.

Ps: the over head grab where you take some weight on your ( ??) delts does in deed take it out of your abs. hands at side, but only for a finger balance thing, or at small of lower back to the same effect, suit me peachily. I will for sure check your suggestion / query and get back to you.

( Ps: this is friendship/ peership at best, ate several meals this week, but I'll check it out anyway )