Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stereotypical Political OT

The Stereotypical Political OT

CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

uh, actually, I don't think that was one of his more bonehead remarks.

I personally thought the question was stupid lol.

sovereign is what the word means. What more is there to say other than sovereignity is a state of autonomous governing.

Which is basically what the shrub said.

You could have picked from more than 100 other things he's said that were really really dumb. :P
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Last edited by old jong; 09-13-2004 at 06:56 AM.

Re: The Stereotypical Political OT

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Who'd want this guy in office another four?
    56% of Americans, last time I checked.

56% ah well, what's his name is right, democracy seems to be nothing more than a dictatorship of the majority.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Re: Re: The Stereotypical Political OT

Originally posted by Christopher M
    56% of Americans, last time I checked.

Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Thumbs up

right on!! And lets not forget Mr Bush's illustrious Military service where he valiantly served our nation with bravery and conviction by getting his daddy and other high ups to weasel his way out of serving in vietnam when so many others had to go in his stead. And the intelligence and integrity he displayed by learning to fly jets in the national guard,,he sure did keep the houston area safe from those gooks didnt he? and finally his "true honor" by disregarding a direct order from his commanding officer to report for a physical evalutaion because he was busy fighting "charlie" in alabama,,oh and helping his daddy and others with a campaign there as well. plus the rumour that bush was real fond of cocaine in those days(but thats just a rumour )

yes yes definately looking forward to another 4 years of the middle class getting royally fuked by the rich 3% and the repubs supporting the offshoring of good american jobs to the east indians where the jobs are better served

KERRY/EDWARDS for 2004 KERRY/EDWARDS for 2004
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

He lost the popular vote by 500,000 votes last time around...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    He lost the popular vote by 500,000 votes last time around...
    Not counting Florida
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Talking

i think that the reason why florida is getting so many hurricanes is that this is the Lords way of telling them not to rig the election ballots like they did last time. these storms are just gentle reminders that god's wrath is REAL and that kharma is a
    real B!TCH
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

that was a tough question, i think that anyone put on the spot with that would have fumbled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    56% ah well, what's his name is right, democracy seems to be nothing more than a dictatorship of the majority.
    Well... potentially. That depends on the voting system being used, as well as the constraints under which government operates.

Lets not forget the there were thousands of democrats voting in Florida who ALSO voted in thier home states. And in 2000 the dems promoted the concept of double voting to college students - and all they got was a slap on the wrist.

I know it's easier to appeal to the emotions, hence the rabid attitudes I see among many of today's dems, but when you actually dig for facts, not heresay, the picture is not good for us if John Kerry is elected.

Let's look at John Kerry:

This is a guy who violated the law by meeting with North Vietnamese while we were at wore.

Who hung around with people who plotted violence against U.S. Senators.

Who never met a tax he didn't like - for other people, but not for himself. Mass has a box you can check that allows you to pay a higher tax rate. The Kerry's have NEVER checked that box.

Who is for alternate energy, EXCEPT when it impacts him. Along with the Kennedy's John Kerry blocked a wind energy-farm from being built where it could be seen from one of his mansions.

He can't seem to actually stand for anything. His quotes on Iraq are all over the map - some so hawkish they read like FDR, others so appeaseing they read like Jimmy Carter. And they change based on his audience! Yecch.

John Kerry has never passed a significant piece of legislation, and is famous in the house for wanting to get out of work.

His wife funds political action groups that are often violent, or pose as other groups to incite violence or misrepresent thier opponents.

They get significant fuinding from Soros, a multi-billionaire currency trader who chose hos own profits over people by shorting the British pound and putting the UK into recession.

Is supported by political hacks who will lie, cheat, and steal (see the latest gaurd 'documents' scandal, or the new Kitty Kelley book). He should be able to win on his ideas:

Jimmy Carters Foreign policy (remember: giving away the panama canal - a strategic water way now run by the PRC red army, a country that views the U.S. as enemy number 1 in internal documents, cutting the programs that allowed the Ayatolla Khomeni to return to ran, and helping to create the problems we face today... I could go on.)

or Jimmy Carters domestic policy : 27% inflation, mass unemployment, and 'malaise.'

Make no mistake, Kerry is a Carter Democrat.

Meanwhile we have George Bush, who does what he says he will. Does not flinch or waver when the going gets tough. Who cut taxes, and led the fastest recovery ever to a recession he inherited. Whose unemployment rate is the same as Clintons when he got re-elected by a landslide. Where home ownership is the highest it has ever been, especially among minorities. And speaking of minorities, has distinguished African Americans in cabinet posts.

The media screams 'he lies', but when investigated he's found to be honest. The media screams 'he's a corporate guy' - but he has been tougher than any Democrat on corporate scandals - and frankly, the Kerry's and thier friends are far richer, and dangerous.

I may not agree with everything GWB tries to do, but he has proven himself (of course you need to actually research, not just take things at face value) to be a dedicated, strong, and capable leader. Someone who can help guide the ship of state forward. Is he perfect? Who is? Are you?

John Kerry is a rich brat who gets upset when he doesn't get his way, and changes his story based on who he is talking too. He just doesn't seem to have any principle besides his own greed for power and money. (Which is why it makes sense that he picked a trial lawyer as a runing mate.)

Finally, while GWB may not be the most eloquent speaker, but he is one of the most educated Presidents we have ever had. Sure, maybe he got grandfathered into Yale - but you can't stay there unless you perform, AND he has a Harvard MBA - which are not given away.

The American people are not stupid, which is why I beleive when they look at the facts, and measure the men, GWB will be re-elected.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Kerry says as Kerry does...

>> Great Orators of the Democratic Party
    >>
    >> (From OpinionJournal - Best of the Web Today)
    >>
    >> "One man with courage makes a majority."--Andrew Jackson
    >>
    >> "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin Roosevelt
    >>
    >> "The buck stops here."--Harry Truman
    >>
    >> "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your
    >> country."--John Kennedy
    >>
    >> "This isn't going to be some kind of, you know,
    >> we're-like-them-they're-like-us-wishy-washy-mealy-mouth-you-can't-tell-the-d
    >> ifference deal. This is going to be something where we're giving America a
    >> real choice."--John Kerry
    >>
    >> ____________________________________
    >> And now Kerry-isms:
    >>
    >> ABC News
    >> I will stand up and struggle, as others have, to try to get that right
    >> balance between violence, and sex, and things. - John Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >> ABC News Peter Jennings: You told an Iowa newspaper recently that life
    >> begins at conception. What makes you think that?
    >>
    >> Sen. Kerry: My personal belief about what happens in the fertilization
    >> process is a human being is first formed and created, and that's when life
    >> begins. Something begins to happen. There's a transformation. There's an
    >> evolution. Within weeks, you look and see the development of it, but that's
    >> not a person yet, and it's certainly not what somebody, in my judgment,
    >> ought to have the government of the United States intervening in. - John
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> Jennings: Could you explain again to me what do you mean when you say "life
    >> begins at conception"?
    >>
    >> Kerry: Well, that's what the Supreme Court has established is a test of
    >> viability as to whether or not you're permitted to terminate a pregnancy,
    >> and I support that. That is my test. And I, you know, you have all kinds of
    >> different evolutions of life, as we know, and very different beliefs about
    >> birth, the process of the development of a fetus. That's the standard that's
    >> been established in Roe v. Wade. And I adhere to that standard.
    >>
    >>
    >> Jennings: If you believe that life begins at conception, is even a
    >> first-trimester abortion not murder?
    >>
    >> Kerry: No, because it's not the form of life that takes personhood in the
    >> terms that we have judged it to be in the past. It's the beginning of life.
    >> Does life begin? Yes, it begins.
    >>
    >> Washington Post
    >> The linkage to Al Qaida, number four. That said, they are really misleading
    >> all of America, Tom, in a profound way. The war on terror is less -- it is
    >> occasionally military, and it will be, and it will continue to be for a long
    >> time. - John Kerry
    >>
    >> “Again and again and again in the debate, it was made clear that the vote of
    >> the U.S. Senate and the House on the authorization of immediate use of force
    >> on Jan. 12 was not a vote as to whether or not force should be used. - John
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> It is important to remember that this resolution does not authorize the use
    >> of American ground troops in Bosnia, nor does it specifically authorize the
    >> use of air or naval power. It simply associates the U.S. Senate with the
    >> current policies of this administration and of the Security Council. – John
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >> The Washington Post
    >> And you've got companies like Wal-Mart that are stripping underneath them,
    >> that hire part-time people, that have actually advertised to come and work,
    >> so they won't do their health care. - John Kerry
    >>
    >> The Washington Post
    >> "This president always makes decisions late after things have happened that
    >> could have been different had the president made a different decision
    >> earlier." - John Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >> New York Times
    >> "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." - John
    >> Kerry
    >>
    >> No, wait, wait, wait, wait you asked me if I'd met with any leaders. Yes. I
    >> have had conversations with leaders, yes, recently. That's not your
    >> business, it's mine. I've met with foreign leaders for any (inaudible)
    >> purpose - I never said that. What I said was that I have heard from people
    >> who are leaders elsewhere in the world who don't appreciate the Bush
    >> administration approach and would love to see a change in the leadership of
    >> the United States. I'm talking our allies, I'm talking about people who were
    >> our friends nine months ago, I'm talking about people who ought to be at our
    >> side in Iraq and aren't because this administration has pushed them away in
    >> its arrogance, that's what I'm talking about. Are you a registered
    >> Republican? Are you a Republican? You answer the question. That's not an
    >> answer. Did you vote for George Bush? Did you vote for George Bush? Thank
    >> you. - John Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >> New York Post
    >> "I left some blood on a battlefield that President Bush never left
    >> anywhere." - John Kerry
    >>
    >> The Boston Globe
    >> Those weren't precisely my words, they were the words of a press release
    >> sent out. - John Kerry
    >>
    >> If we hadn't voted the way we voted, we would not have been able to have a
    >> chance of going to the United Nations and stopping the president, in effect,
    >> who already had the votes and who was obviously asking serious questions
    >> about whether or not the Congress was going to be there to enforce the
    >> effort to create a threat. - John Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Yahoo! News - Civil Rights Group Seeks Kerry Apology
    >> "President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't
    >> be upset if I could earn the right to be the second." - John Kerry
    >>
    >>
    >> And one he hasn't said, but probably will:
    >> “Ask not what your country can do for you, either as an individual or a
    >> corporation, but what you can do for your country, which isn’t to suggest
    >> that just because my opponent hasn’t won a Silver Star in combat, as some of
    >> us have, he isn’t qualified to be president.”
    >>
    --- Napoleon

"You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Willow, there were several investigations by Democratic newspapers that proved there was no tampering in Florida.

There was however a great deal of Democrats who voted in thier home state AND Florida, which is a violation of federal law. Typical really.

To be fair, a much, much smaller number of Republicans did the same thing.
    --- Napoleon