Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fellowship at the tournament

mun hung Guest

Fellowship at the tournament

Do many of you guys/gals go to tournaments? I went to the Wong Fei Hung Championships in New Jersey (US) last year and found a several different Wing Chun schools attending. It was fun. Anyway, it's rolling around again and I was curious if anyone was interested in going this year. Maybe some of us can meet there since we never seemed to get our "friendly fellowship" together in the past.

What do you say, Dave? Maybe you can ask some of the guys on the WCML. Could be fun, and maybe some of us could meet for the first time. You/or anyone who's interested can e-mail me regarding this if you want at munhung777@aol :)

Sedgimax Guest

Tournaments

I would love to go to tournaments, I just dont know where, when they are. I must not be looking in the right places. I have just started WC about 3 mons. ago, then I injured my hand and have been out for about a month and in that month I felt my enthusiasm fading. Being able to go to tornaments or demo., hanging out with other WC would definitley be a plus for me. Any suggestions Dave? BTW, I will be in class tonight.

Sihing73 Guest

SOunds good provide details

Sedgimax,

Missed you last week. Of course I will not be there tonight. Giving a farewell dinner to a guy at work. He is being transferred to Wisconson, poor guy, LOL. But, I will definetely be there next Tuesday and thereafter.

Mun Hung,
    If you can provide the details I would be glad to try and attend. BTW: I have not given up on a friendly get together. I just may have to bring the kids LOL

Peace,

Dave

wongfeilung809 Guest

sounds cool

ive never been to new jersey....

mun hung Guest

Wong Fei Hung N.E. All Kung Fu Championships 2001

The tournament will be held on Saturday, September 29th at

Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Rothman Center
    1000 River Road H400 A
    Teaneck, N.J. 07666
    tel. (210) 692-2208

It's only 10 bucks for adults. And 5 bucks for children 11yrs. and under, Dave. :D

They also have special hotel rates for out of towners at the Best Western Oritani Hotel. (****, they should pay me for this!)

Hope to see some of you there, both spectating and competing!

TjD Guest
    hell its a bit of a trip from albany ny, but i just might show up to check it out ;)

what kinda events are they having?

peace
    trav

if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

Sedgimax Guest

mun hung

Thanks! It's just across the river for me, so I will be there.

mun hung Guest

Next week

The Wong Fei Hung tournament is next week. Hope to see many KFO forum members there. E-mail me if you wish for any details. :)

Sihing73 Guest

Hope to be there

Hello,

I hope to be there. I also passed the info on to the WCML so perhaps others will be there as well.
    Anyone wishing to meet should let everyone else know so we can coordinate a place and time to get together.

Peace,

Dave

tiger_1 Guest

hi my friends

my friend mun hung im gleat for you are fine and good. plz send to me like intresting man for that tournaiment information - just friendly tiger_1 ;)

/

Sihing73 Guest

Anyone going?

Hello,

I have received a couple of e-mails inquiring about attending this event.

I would like to pose a suggestion that someone who is familiar with either the event or the area in which it is taking place post a proposed meeting area and time. I don't know how many people are interested in attending but it would be nice if we had some way of figuring out who is who :D As one person who e-mailed me asked, "Will we use secret hand signals?" Perhaps we can all wear a red carnation, LOL

Seriously, it would be nice to have a way to identify those of us from this board who wish to meet. I am open to suggestions. Also curious as to how many people intend to be there.

In case you missed it the link for the event is here: http://www.yeeshungga.com/

Hope to ehar from you and see you there.

Peace,

Dave

Abstract Guest

S73 & munhung

just checked my emails, i'm still going...munhung i'll call you asap! Dave, so the secret signs were a lousy idea? :D

-------------------------
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Sihing73 Guest

Lets pick a place and time to meet

Hello,

For those wishing to attend lets try and determine a place and time to meet which is agreeable with everyone.

Abstract,
    I like the secret signs idea. However, after you learned them I might have to kill you :D Besides, do you really think any of us could keep a secret? next thing you know we would have BJJ people using our signals and pretending to do Wing Chun ;)

Peace,

Dave

DF Guest

Suggestion

Hi all,

I just saw this post, I have a suggestion that might offer some help. When you guys arrive at the tourny, just come look for me at the main table (or just ask anyone of the Yee's student who I am), from there I can direct where your group will be hanging out at.

mun hung, sihing 73, thks for passing the words about the tourny and providing the link to our school.

Hope to see everyone there.

Dixon Fung

Yees Hung Ga Kung Fu Academy

Sihing73 Guest

Thanks Dixon

Hello DF,

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't see any problem and it would simplify things a bit. Now if we coudl all agree on a time. Speaking of which could you post the times for the tourney as well.

It seems like we have a chance to put some faces to the names, how about it guys???? I am planning on attending and will probably bring along my "bodyguard" to protect me from those who don't like me. Lest ye scoff too quickly beware my 4 year old daughter is quite deadly, LOL. However, I will most likely be bringing her as she loves watching me practice and I want to nurture that interest as much as possible. So far she thinks she "knows" Wing Chun. Shoot, I don't even "KNOW" Wing Chun we are just on speaking terms. :p

In any event, I hope to see some of you there.

Peace,

Dave