Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fellowship at the tournament

DF Guest

Glad to help

Please go to our web sites for details info concerning the tourny. www.yeeshungga.com

The registration starts at 8 Am and the competition around 10 Am. We try to get things going on time but as anyone who been to tourny before, it will be a hard task, lol , but we will try our best.

Sihing73, will you be available to help judge? If so,the judges meeting will probably be around 9:30 AM.

DF

ps By the way, no need for bodyguard. Yee's will provide protection during the tourny, but not in the parking lot, lol.
    Its a friendly gathering , just come and have fun.

Sihing73 Guest

Thanks DF

Hello DF,

Thanks for the times I hope to be able to meet with you at the tourney.

As to judging, I am not sure I am competent enough to offer anything of value. If you have a need then you can e-mail me directly and we can discuss whether or not I have anything to offer. I would like to see this event a success so if I can be of any help I will be glad to do what I can.
    dmcknight@rcn.com
    sihing73@juno.com

Peace,

Dave

mun hung Guest

Dave

So who else is showing up besides you, Abstract and myself?

Sihing73 Guest

I hope to be there

Hello Mun Hung,

I am hoping to be there. It is about 110 miles and 2 1/2 hours from my house. Given this I am hoping we can confirm who will be there as I would hate to make the trip and find no one else made it. If it starts at 10 am I would need to leave no later than 7:30 am to make it. I am not used to getting up that early on weekends :rolleyes: come to think of it I try not to get up that early during the week either :(

Right now it looks like you, me and Abstract. I guess meeting at the main table as suggested by DF is a good idea. Want to figure on about 9:45 or so?

Anyone else care to join us????????? I promise not to bite :p

Peace,

Dave

Abstract Guest

me again

I won't be there until 11:30-12ish. One of my friends is coming with me, but he's gotta do abit of work until 10am, so after I pick him up, we'll be there.

;)

-------------------------
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Sihing73 Guest

Time to meet

Hello,

Well since Abstract can't make it till around noon I would propose we meet around 12-12:15 at the main table, wherever that is :D .

I will try to be there earlier though so if anyone else, Mun Hung, wants to meet earlier and then meet up with Abstract later that could work.
    Lets say those wanting to ge there early meet at 9:45-10 am at the main table then around noonish we saunter over to the main table again to meet Abstract and his friend.

Right now it looks like some of us will be meeting over the weekend. I hope this comes off.

BTW, Mun Hung are you Marcus???

Peace,

Dave

Universal Stance Guest
    Four years ago when I went to the Wong Fei Hung Tournament in NYC, I met my current fiancee while she attended a Yee's Hung Ga school. :)

WFH tournaments RULE!!

However, the wing chun competition wasn't that great. It mostly consisted of chi sao bouts, and even though we (WWCKFA) was there, we didn't participate.

Are they still just having chi sao bouts or did they go into free-sparring yet? I've been out of the loop for a very long time.

"Any style that can protect you is valuable; keep the 'who's style is better' debate to yourself" - Me

DF Guest

Sihing73

Hi there, Bill Fong will be calling you for the infos. he is one of the organizer of the event. I just go there and chill, lol.

DF

mun hung Guest
    I should be there at about noon also - maybe earlier. Meeting over at the main table sounds like a good idea to me.

BTW - I am not Marcus. You will get to meet him on Saturday also.

What happened to all the other NYC based people I've seen posting from time to time? Like Peng_Lu_Ji_An, Tom Kagan, Jaeson, sumyoungdummy, and Sam, to name a few. Oh well!

Cheungstyle - I've got to admit the chi sau competition I saw last year was kind of cheesey, but there was some good sparring matches going on between all the styles.

Anyway, it should be lots of fun, and I look forward to meeting you guys.
    :)

Sihing73 Guest

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Hello,

Well, it looks like the concensus is to meet at the main table around noon. If anyone can not do this please let us know ASAP ;)

Mun Hung,
    Not sure where everyone else is but I will be there, does that help ;) ? I finally get to meet Marcus too, I am looking forward to it. I wish there was not so much distance between us.

DF,
    Spoke to Bill Fong last night. Seemed like a nice guy and I am looking forward to meeting him as well as you and Pedro as well.

Cheungstyle,
    Remember this is a work in progress so there is still much room to grow. I am sure that any suggestions would be welcome. I think part of the "problem" would be on getting different lineages to agree on the rules. If it makes you feel any bette according to Sifu Fong there is some interest in having the Chi Sau competition next year performed on table-tops. There would be a padded floor around the platform but two people would perform Chi Sau and the loser would be pushed/knocked off of the table. I imagine it would make it much easier to judge as the loser will be on the floor LOL. :D

I have also received e-mail notification from my Sihing, Sifu Wilfred Lopez that he and several of his students will be attending as well. Sifu Lopez is one of Sifu Chows instructors and one of, if not his, oldest students. He is a heck of a nice guy and I am sure anyone who meets him will get a good impression. Shoot, if you compare him to me it would be hard not to look at him favorably :p

Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing everyone there. Lets say noon at the main table. Perhaps some Dim Sum aferwards????

Peace,

Dave

mun hung Guest

Dave

Just sent you mail.

Sihing73 Guest

Mun Hung

Hello,

Got your e-mail and sent you a reply. I will probably be giving you a call this evening.

Peace,

Dave

Sihing73 Guest

On my way

Hello,

To everyone planning on attending the tourney I am leaving now, it is 8am my time and will meet with everyone at the main table at noon time.

I hope to see as many as possible there and look forward to meeting all of you.

Peace,

Dave

DF Guest
    Were you guys there? I didn't see anyone came up to the main table?

DF

Sihing73 Guest

Was there

Hi DF,

I was there as well as Mun Hung and Abstract. I made a point of introducing myself to Bill Fong.
    I asked about you but did not get the chance to meet you. Maybe next time.

All in all I enjoyed the event.

Peace,

Dave