Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanda star Liu hai long Vs Kickboxing

1. Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Yeah, that was definitely prettiest in this batch. I also really liked the backfist followup to that (kinda weak it looked like) hook from the other fighter. All told, though, my favorite so far was the throw reversal in the original thread.
    That hook almost KO'ed Liu hai long, his backfist followed the hook was weak indeed...

Personally, http://www.ws.com.cn/lb/usr/1/1_61325_4.gif is my favourite, cos that shows the different quality between Sanda and muaythai. Normally Sanda players do not poccess the bone-crushing elbow or knee striking skills that the muay thai players have. But Sanda players' throwing skills should make up the difference.

2. It is believed that after many encounters with Muay Thai fighters in the ring, Sanda fighters started to throw roundhouse kicks like the muay thai fighters as well.

ttt
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by tigerwing
    Reverse roundhourse kick

You mean Spinning hook kick. Either way I thought that was supposed to be a "bad" technique.

It's only a bad technique for those who can't do it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

same thing?

Isn't Sanda vs Kickboxing redundant? Oh, I'm sorry they have throws too, 3 different ones that you can do with gloves.

Runs away.

If I get a chance I will try to post a clip of Liu hai long getting schooled by Russia at the 7th IWUF world championships. Liu won 2 rounds to 1 but it was obvious to all that he lost the fight and not by a little. One thing you will never see is Sanda vs. Draka. They want no part of the top Russian fighters on national TV.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

MMA fighter (and now pro boxer) Jens Pulver just dropped a Chinese San Da fighter, Dai Jyouan, in the 2004 Shootboxing S-cup world tournament, using viscious body blows in round 1.

Shootboxing like Draka is a very similar format to San Da.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

9. Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    MMA fighter (and now pro boxer) Jens Pulver just dropped a Chinese San Da fighter, Dai Jyouan, in the 2004 Shootboxing S-cup world tournament, using viscious body blows in round 1.

The bout alreay finished?? ...

Anyway, Da Jyouan is an unkown fighter in China, perhaps from some local Sanda club. When people posted his personal information on the largest Kung Fu forum in China, no body knew him.

10. Originally posted by SanShou Guru
    If I get a chance I will try to post a clip of Liu hai long getting schooled by Russia at the 7th IWUF world championships. Liu won 2 rounds to 1 but it was obvious to all that he lost the fight and not by a little. One thing you will never see is Sanda vs. Draka. They want no part of the top Russian fighters on national TV.
    are you talking about the IWUF world champoinship held in Macao, July, 2003, or the first Sanshou world cup, held in Shang hai, 2002??

I only recall Liu won his title in 80KG in the Sanshou world cup, where he beated his Russian opponent 2-1.

11. Originally posted by SifuAbel
    You mean Spinning hook kick. Either way I thought that was supposed to be a "bad" technique.
    Some more pics about this "bad technique"

But, but, but, Its Oh! so bad........................

13. Originally posted by SifuAbel
    But, but, but, Its Oh! so bad........................

Emm...a tough audience, how abt this one?

You'll get used to my brand of sarcasm soon.

Originally posted by tigerwing
    Emm...a tough audience, how abt this one?

Now that guy can retire. That's his ring fighting peak right there!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching