Thread: Do you believe in fate?

Do you believe in fate?

Well, I was kind of debating to myself today whether or not I should spend the money to go to master Su's six harmony mantis siminar this October... I'm pretty poor, and while I'm facinated by traditional mantis I'm not a mantis guy. Also, I have no car, so I'd have to convince my dad to come along on the trip.

Well, I was debating this to myself in my head, when suddenly I found a huge praying mantis chillin' in my mom's hanging basket(actually my mom found it while watering plants... scared the hell out of her too, lol). I usually don't put much stock in fate, signs, and other superstitious mumbo jumbo, but it was just too wierd to overlook . I hadn't seen a live mantis' outside of the zoo in over 4 years! The thing was nearly the size of the length of my hand(about 3/4 of it) and while I was looking at it, it turned it's head real fast looking me in the eyes Anyway, praying mantises are the coolest bugs ever... it stays so still, then move so quickly in the blink of an eye... This was actually the first time I'd ever seen one move in person, lol. I never see them coming or going... it's like they just kind of appear in random unexpected places, and then disapear just as mysteriously(at least they do that with me ).

Well, just thought I'd share

BTW, I'm defenitely going to the seminar now(my dad agreed and everything)

cool story, I hope you will find your mantis on this trip. GL
    HR

Where do you live that has praying mantis? Did you keep it to study its movements?

I live in an Ohio subburb and mantises are pretty darn rare around here. And I didn't bother capturing him. Mom just wanted to leave it where it was so that it would eat any bad bugs going after her plants. So I guess that means it's on bodygaurd duty now, lol. Not sure if it's still there, but I got a couple photos of it

Cool.

I have spent most of my childhood, boyhood allowances on out of print books on Wushu.

Liu He Mantis is considered internal or soft.

I started with short boxing or Duan Zwei. There are several routines. They are not too long.

I think you may request some materials or some info from the seminar.

I have to use the cheapest routes a lot myself.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Good luck in your study.

Last edited by SPJ; 09-20-2004 at 04:27 PM.

cool story. You might want to find a couple more and study their actions, generalize it and translate to human movement yourself. You can create your own version of mantis. You can christen it, the ohio mantis style.
    dazed and confused