Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can CLF masters really fight?

where r you from 7*?

ther aren't too big on drive bys over her, just cause i dont think they can afford the petrol, but they do have some other sly things up their sleeves.

atleast we dont live in Iraq

Self-defense Class...

Sevenstar & Eddie...

I have some requests to do that type of class... And I have seen a few videos on Self-Defense, and I agree with you guys, technique is nice and all, but it could make it more dangerous for someone if they get in a situation like that... So I just never offer that kind of class. I just tell them come and spar with us to get used to the environment of someone trying to beat your face in...

But what would you think a good self-defense class would be like? Maybe we can start this as another topic and get everyones input???

Joe

Originally posted by Eddie
    where r you from 7*?

ther aren't too big on drive bys over her, just cause i dont think they can afford the petrol, but they do have some other sly things up their sleeves.

tennessee

atleast we dont live in Iraq

ain't that the truth!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Sow Choy
    Self-defense Class...

Sevenstar & Eddie...

I have some requests to do that type of class... And I have seen a few videos on Self-Defense, and I agree with you guys, technique is nice and all, but it could make it more dangerous for someone if they get in a situation like that... So I just never offer that kind of class. I just tell them come and spar with us to get used to the environment of someone trying to beat your face in...

But what would you think a good self-defense class would be like? Maybe we can start this as another topic and get everyones input???

Joe
    good idea - I'll start one.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Good self defence should start with awareness, but I think what you are doing is the better way. Rather let them get used to being hit, than just teaching them a load of chin na and breaking hold techniques.

A good friend of mine live in Cape Town (a coastal city of SA which has allot of gang violence). He started a company which does research into the criminal behaviour and then trying to analyse it all in order to get a solution. Check out this site http://www.urbanshield.za.net/articles.html . This is an article which deals with the difference between Martial Arts and Self defence http://www.urbanshield.za.net/a02_sd-ma_difference.html . It might be specific to the type of violence in our country, but it covers allot.
    Ed

Awesome. I'll look at that site right now.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter