Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The main and subordinate art

The main and subordinate art

Where some explore and making claims about kiu Sau... long kiu, short kiu.......etc.

In my understanding, Wing Chun is not a h0mogeneous Kiu art eventhought Wing Chun is characterize as an Short Kiu Narrow stance art.

So, what is the other way of catagolization which makes Wing Chun different to other art?

The kid - mom Chain , or Zee-Mo lin Wan, or Main and subordinate chain effect.

In a main and subordinate chain "style" of doing things. most of the time, there is one main and one subordinate. one arm "longer" then there other arm......
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 09-21-2004 at 09:43 AM.

what the heck?

why do you need three accounts to communicate with people on this forum?
    Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]

"Learning is not compulsory ... neither is survival."

-W. Edwards Derning

A thought on Civil Discourse:

“Democracy is a means of living together despite our differences. Democratic deliberation is an alternative to physical violence. It is predicated on the assumption that it’s possible to disagree agreeably, that it’s better to laugh than cry, that one can vigorously contest the positions of one’s adversary without questioning his or her personal integrity or motivation, and that parties to a debate are entitled to the presumption that their views are legitimate if not correct.” -Thomas Mann

Just a necessary formality. Old Phenix and Hendrik are burned to ashes. And lo! Out from the ruin rise a yellow Pikachu... =)

Re: what the heck?

Originally posted by Sandman2[Wing Chun]
    Good question

the old two exist because one doesnt work at my work due to gods' know happen and gene at one point was helping me.
    so I have to create another one for use at work.

The new one because I want to get rid of the old two and consolidate into only one.

If you like or can help me, delete the rest and left me with the pikachu .

sometimes, things has to get more before it get less. I know a friend of mine have carried 4 different lines of phones in his office.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 09-21-2004 at 10:22 AM.

Originally posted by PaulH
    Just a necessary formality. Old Phenix and Hendrik are burned to ashes. And lo! Out from the ruin rise a yellow Pikachu... =)

That is true too. hahahah. See An actor has to be able to take different roles.

When Hendrik burn it becomes phenix, and when phenix burn it becomes the yellow pikachu.

More happy everytime, more open hearted everytime. hahahahahaha

You change your name to Happy. everytime people see you affirm everyone --- to be Happy.

It is a LE or localization evolution taking place.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 09-21-2004 at 10:23 AM.

WC is a centered based method of fighting and cultivation.

WC is a centered based method of fighting and cultivation.
    And the AWARENESS continous to develop and GROW...

In many ways the philosophy of WC is very Buddhist where the end goal is the subtle and gradual yielding and losing of one's personality and consciousness to a greater cosmic consciousness. I prefer however more that of sensitive understanding, of letting go when you want to, and of cooperating with others if you so desire.

P.S. Free to choose is what make us most human...
    Last edited by PaulH; 09-21-2004 at 02:38 PM.

just wondering why it takes 2 people and 6 post to answer that question.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Sir Loops-a-lot.

Originally posted by yellowpikachu
    Where some explore and making claims about kiu Sau... long kiu, short kiu.......etc.

In my understanding, Wing Chun is not a h0mogeneous Kiu art eventhought Wing Chun is characterize as an Short Kiu Narrow stance art.
    Now, the key phrase in this quote is:

"In my understanding"

IMO, the: "some explore and making claims about kiu Sau" is your very own yellowpikachu. It's claim is that Wing Chun is not a "h0mogeneous Kiu art". Yet It claims that Wing Chun originates from Fujian White Crane which has Kiu Sau concepts and training methods.

On the other hand, yellowpikachu says: Wing Chun is characterize as an Short Kiu which basically says Wing Chun is a Kiu Art.

In short:
    Wing Chun is not a h0mogeneous Kiu art

and
    Wing Chun is characterize as an Short Kiu

Something doesn't know what it's talking about... but then again, yellowpikachu's WHOLE post is qualified with:
    "In my understanding"
    so, no problem here!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Are you still in wonder? =D

Happy Pikachu sings and dances, so I secretly enjoy giving him a funny post. Look, he actually laughed! =)

P.S. As a disclaimer also, I have no interests to entangle myself with Hendrik's affairs. I just like listening to interesting older WC perspective.
    Last edited by PaulH; 09-21-2004 at 07:20 PM.

Are you still in wonder? =D

Happy Pikachu sings and dances, so I secretly enjoy giving him a funny post. Look, he actually laughed! =)

P.S. As a disclaimer also, I have no interests to entangle myself with Hendrik's affairs. I just like listening to interesting older WC perspective.
    hendrik is long gone.
    you can always email the pikachu. hahahaha

The more you listen to the older WC perspecitive the more you see the oldest is not that old at all, the linear vertical thinking doesnt cover the full view. reality is a paradox and some cant accept that.

The Main and Subordinate chain action brought along four concepts. They are.....

The pikachu sky earth human model, The pikachu SLT model, the pikachu Main-Subordinate model. those old grandfather such as GM Yip might not know Pikachu, but they will love pikachu once they see it. That sunny happy yellow pikachu. that is the grand child. Grandfather loves grandchild in the spring new year time.
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 09-21-2004 at 08:13 PM.

WTF?!

WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?! WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!WTF?!

The pikachu sky earth human model, The pikachu SLT model, the pikachu Main-Subordinate model. those old grandfather such as GM Yip might not know Pikachu, but they will love pikachu once they see it.
    Are you suggesting GM Ip Man was not a logical or critical thinker and what gives you this insight.
    Consciousness is a being, the nature of which is to be conscious of the nothingness of its being.
    - Jean-Paul Sartre

He may give you an answer but you'll still be left asking: WTF?