Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Baji

Water Dragon Guest
    Roayal Dragon, you know Jim Kelly?

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Talking Baji Is Superior!!!

Now that I got your attention, (Hey it worked for Ralek/Rolls/Jaki)

How many Baji players are here. I heard there was a few. I would like to meet and share info with them. Don't worry this isn't an attempt to turn you into soldiers of the BWO (well not yet anyways )
    When I am done playing army in the snow I hope to be able to share some info and material (I have a massive library on Baji from books, articles, videos, and vcds. plus little regard to copyright err...just kidding that was a joke I am a fine lawbiding citizen ) Seriously I invite all Baji/piqua players to disucss the art. Right now I don't have a Baji sifu, and haven't found one in germany, I trying to keep up until I find another plus make some more friends along the way.
    Last edited by Asia; 01-07-2002 at 05:35 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

I am not Jacki. If you don't believe me then just check my IP address.

Aisa. Does your friend know how to get to frederick?

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Akira from Virtua Fighter was made intencionally better than the other charactors to try to persuade people to Baji style.

I know your domination plans, you wont get away with it!

Anyway, i think Mr. Nemo is a Baji guy if i recall corectly...
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Xebsball, are you serious about that? Where did you hear that from?

Well it was on a sort of Virtua Fighter 2 informative thing, ill se if i find it...

It said that they wanted Akira to be the best in Virtua Fighter 1, but something went wrong and on the tournaments in Japan Lau was the best in the game. The winner of the tournament (probably a official Sega sponsored tournament) was a Lau player and a Akira player got second place.

So on Virtua Fighter 2 they fixed Akira to be the real best. On the tournament this time the first place was a Akira player and the second a Wolf player.

Could be just rumors, but i belive that. Akira does have the best techniques on VF2, altough i find it hard to master his moves, he is second the most complicated to play (Shun is harder) but once you do you should be almost undefeateble.

Actually X Baji appeared in several japanese video games and shows way before VF. I think VF was when westerners started noticing it. I started baji/hakkyokuken in japan and I found a lot of pple already enthusiastic with the art.

(PS: You keep blabbing about my plans and I will send Baji zombies to TP your house!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!)

Wong Ying Home
    Where in England are you? I have family in England, they live around Lakenheath AFB, and I was hoping to visit them soon, possibly April. I wouldn't mind taking a side trip if it isn't too far.

(pitty I wanted this thread to be RF (Ralek Free) oh well )
    Last edited by Asia; 01-07-2002 at 05:56 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(no zombies can pass through the door with the little buddha figure i have now in my living room, it scares them away)

I was made a little mistake, on VF 1 Lau got first and Wolf got second, Akira lost to Kage.

I should stop hijacking your thread by now

I am a Baji guy, but only a beginning one. Still doing tiger/bear drills. I'm from Lee Su-Wen's Baji, which is really Baji/Pigua (though we actually learn pure Pigua later).

Hey, I wonder what would happen if we got all the Baji guys to stomp at once? I'm think 8+ on the Richter scale.

Heya,

I'm a baji guy as well. I'm learning (Baji and Taiji currently) from Lu Baochen, in Finland. www.kolumbus.fi/baji for some details.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

Great now we are getting somewhere! Any more zombi....er players?

Thumbs up

Asia
    http://www.wutangcenter.com/

Check out the articles and photos. There is a short clip of the baji/pigua combination form.

Stop by in October and you can participate in the Hall of Fame tournament dedicated to the legacy of the late GM Liu Yun Qiao. Master Su Yu Chang usually does a seminar or two during that time.

Also, if you ever get a chance to visit, someone will demonstrate the 2nd and 3rd levels of the baji sword (first level is kun wu sword and training).

http://www.goviamedia.com/journal/articles.html. iIn 199 and 2000 we put out two reasonably detailded articles on baji training and pigua training.

Also new tapes by the retired General from Taiwan have some quick clips of Liu Yun Qiao playing a number of things. His bookds can be ordered from http://www.plumpub.com/

Xiao baji, standing and moving one punch and da qiang is all you need until you get a teacher.

You, as are others, are always welcome to stop by our school in Akron, Ohio.

Good luck

Wink Still waiting for Gong Bao Lo to weigh in.

Asia, I knew you would recruit them all on your crusade

Hey, Mr Nemo, where have ya been?

OT: does anyone know who sent me the really great Baji videos and VCD's for Christmas. There was no card or return address and it was a really great gift. Oh well, Thanks alot if you are looking in.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Our teacher knows Baji but noone ever really asks to learn it :-( I learned half of Xiao Baji and have a book he wrote in Chinese. I think I might restart my Baji training. I also have one of Su Yu Chang's Baji video tapes. Very cool stuff. Lets see...here in Ohio we have Tony Yang in the north, An Tian Rong in the middle, now we just need one Baji teacher to secure the south...

Baji and Longfist

Some Baji schools do Tai Dzu Chang Chuen. If anyone here knows it I have some questions.