Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Baji

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    its ok my kung fu can be traced directly to respected masters in the hakka community,
    The world (including this forum) is full of kung fu-clueless people who trained under "respected" masters. LOL

All of the Mcdojo "masters" are "respected" as well, or didn't you know?

Also, unfortunately for people such as yourself, even the real masters (in the UK, you can count them on one hand) don't teach everything to everyone.

By the way, did your "respected masters" recommend the use of Olympic weight training for your internal kung fu practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    who didn't have to move to the jungle to get away from me
    Why should they have gotten away from you, they were making plenty of money from you, to start with. LOL

By the way, neither of my sifus moved away from me. I see that you have been learning your lessons from the other members of this forum's MMA knucklehead community, where you just keep repeating the same lies over and over, to discredit anyone who shows your kung fu cluelessness.

and my MMA/BJJ to coaches with fighters in the UFC....
    And that is where you shoot yourself in the foot (yet, again!).

IF your masters were even half decent, then you would not feel the need to flaunt your MMA/BJJ coaches in a KUNG FU FORUM, within a KUNG FU Discussion!

Actually, if you had real TCMA masters, then you would generally not feel the need to practice MMA, to fill some perceived gaps, nor for that matter, .Olympic weight lifting (for internal strength????...LOL).

Contribute like you you mean, LMAO how about trying something novel and admitting you know jack sh*t about something other than what you have read in a book and shutting up and listening to the guys on this thread who have actually trained in the arts?
    I believe that I was having a kung fu discussion in a kung fu thread. My opinions are based on my Mainland Chinese Wing Chun Kuen and my Chow Gar Southern Praying Mantis, experience, together with my personal research of kung fu styles in general.

The conversation in which I was involved was quiet civil and both sides made valid points based on their KUNG FU experience.

I still do not see the purpose of your baggage-filled "contributions" in this thread, as nobody has so far discussed Olympic weight lifting methodologies; the "grand" art of BJJ, MMA, nor Tae Kwon Do, or anything like that.

So again, if you have nothing to contribute then stop stirring up problems. Read the thread and perhaps you might acquire some knowledge about the interesting and potent styles of kung fu that are being discussed.

Thanks in advance.

HW108
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 05-06-2010 at 10:02 PM.

baji chuan in nyc

ok i doubt there is an open door school here. i know there is one who lives here but he doesnt teach...a while ago i got to see him demonstrate and learn a form, but that was just out of respect of my then sifu, guy doesnt teach or at least wouldnt teach me,lol. so im looking for some open door baiji chuan in nyc...i love xing yi chuan but want to do a external art to compliment it and baji is not full hard. and it compliments xing yi.

yeh, u'd think that in NY there'd b at least one person teaching baji...

I hav one resource I can ask, but no guarantees...

anyway, good uck in ur search tho - if u do find sumone, I'd b interested as well, lol;

I'm pretty sure Su Yu Chang teaches Baji.

http://www.pachitanglang.com/
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

http://www.wutangusa.com/

New York Wu Tang Martial Arts Institute
    134-20 Northern Boulevard Flushing, NY, 11354 Tel:718-359-5775
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    I'm pretty sure Su Yu Chang teaches Baji.

http://www.pachitanglang.com/

I've been to visit them. I was mainly looking at their xingyi, but they are super nice people. Definitely talk to them.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

i heard of and thought about pachi however, i dont like the fact that i would have to learn tanglong, i have no interest in that.

Baji Leitai

I lost my cherry a couple of weeks back.

Fought Leitai.

A couple of my best moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqBOL3Sn04

The rules are spelled out in the description of the full fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obPaAcbW8fc

Blog Entries
    looks like you hit him with a sow choy at the end there...nice job
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    looks like you hit him with a sow choy at the end there...nice job
    baji doesn't have so choy, so you are clearly mistaken

Call it whatever you want dudes.

Here's another one, same tech but while backing up actually:

That was from my second fight of the day. That dude was a coach at the school. We were much more evenly matched than me and the guy I took the highlight clips from. I picked those highlights because they are textbook Bajiquan. A shoulder slam, an elbow to the body and that "sau choi" is part of the second combo from "Dabaji" or alternately, from the first exchange in the Baji 2 man set.

So the wide arm punch is an actual technique in Baji?

Genuine interest, not trolling.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Blog Entries
    baji doesn't have so choy, so you are clearly mistaken
    LOL...i don't know the techniques of baggy....jk...baji...but i did say it LOOKED that way. so you are mistaken about me being mistaken.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    So the wide arm punch is an actual technique in Baji?

Genuine interest, not trolling.
    This is my form performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8G9FW5hM3U

You can see the "wide arm punch" at about the 36 second mark. In the form, the intent is to strike with the forearm. The leitai event I fought in prohibited punching to the head so I just switched to an open palm for the same technique.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    LOL...i don't know the techniques of baggy....jk...baji...but i did say it LOOKED that way. so you are mistaken about me being mistaken.
    **** straight Frank.

The only difference is in the training intent. Plus, having trained at least a little
    Choi Li Fut with you . . .who's to say? And then there's the long arm Hung Gar stuff. (probably stolen from Lama Pai) and of course, the Baji move I showed in the form performance linked.

I went in representing Zhang Xiang Wu Boxing Assc. so I'm calling it Bajiquan! Besides, if you look at the "highlights" clip, there are a couple of other moves that are totally trademark Baji. The shoulder strike and, most classically, the elbow to the chest. When that fight was over I had like 5 or 6 different people congratulate me specifically on the elbow to the chest because it's textbook Baji!!!