Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Baji

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    That is a move in tai chi and ba gua...but it does not really work in real life even though it is taught just like you saw it.
    That's a general TCMA throw Kao (shoulder strike). It can work better if you can use back hand to pick up your opponent's leg, use leading arm to wrap around his waist, flip him upside down, and then smash his head straight down to the ground.

The throw used in that clip at 0.14 is a bit too "conservative" for my taste. This is the problem for "sport". Sometime you don't follow up with a valid "finish move". That's a bad habit IMO.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    That's a general TCMA throw Kao (shoulder strike). It can work better if you can use back hand to pick up your opponent's leg, use leading arm to wrap around his waist, flip him upside down, and then smash his head straight down to the ground.

The throw used in that clip at 0.14 is a bit too "conservative" for my taste. This is the problem for "sport". Sometime you don't follow up with a valid "finish move". That's a bad habit IMO.
    YKN, If you can sink in close enough to do that throw, you can also sink an elbow tip into his under armpit and finish it there, before you knock him over....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    /threadjack
    /trollstalk

That IS an easy throw to pull off.

A high percentage technique when done w/o jackets or gi.

/resumeargument
    Any competition video of someone doing it beside the fake one in this thread? That would "prove" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    You know, if you ask someone a question, its appropriate to tell them your experience in answer to the same question in fair trade for the information. And, so that the person will know the level of understanding the person has who is asking.

You "checked' about Pak Mei, that's cute, I like that. You must be very well informed now.

So, when was the last time you trained that throw and tried against a resisting opponent?
    How much wrestling/juJitsu/judo/shu jau experience do you have?

Wait, you devoted a whole thread to how bad it was already, and you never learned how to fight.

So, which one is it? Bad ass MMA dude, or deflowered Kung Fu fairy? My guess is both!

So, now, just who is talking out their butt?

You thought your shyte didn't stink, but your fahrts are giving you away.....
    Sorry, I assumed the way I worded it was a clue. I have wrestled before and I have never seen this throw get pulled off in sparring or competition. It is not a high percentage throw. It takes too long to set up like a hip toss which also rarely happens outside of class.

So, I was right about pak mei correct? That is why you got all snippy again and did not answer my question. You are not a wrestler, correct?

We seem to be missing some threads this morning....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    We seem to be missing some threads this morning....
    don't look behind the curtain
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Any competition video of someone doing it beside the fake one in this thread? That would "prove" it.

We have vids of weekly sparring.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

There are variations in the first throw.

We call it carrying the long spear posture or tuo qiang shi in Ba Ji.

Sometimes, we only have to extend our lead arm, the position already forces the opponent to fall down.

Sorry, I assumed the way I worded it was a clue. I have wrestled before and I have never seen this throw get pulled off in sparring or competition. It is not a high percentage throw. It takes too long to set up like a hip toss which also rarely happens outside of class.

So, I was right about pak mei correct? That is why you got all snippy again and did not answer my question. You are not a wrestler, correct?

You haven't been right about anything yet, keep trying.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

You haven't been right about anything yet, keep trying.
    I'm afraid he won't be able to do that if you get my inference.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The little troll got banned. What a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Amazing what a little sgian-dubh will do...
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

wait, they banned THAT guy but not the other mega trolls of the past???

no accounting for anything I guess here

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

H:e was just so whiney...... The other trolls sent a PM to admin making the request.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

H:e was just so whiney...... The other trolls sent a PM to admin making the request.
    I know for a fact jamieson has naked pics of Gene Ching and uses them to get his way