Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awwwwh Awwwwh They call me Bruce

Awwwwh Awwwwh They call me Bruce

Hi Vash,

What happened to that previous thread on good ole Bruce? It seems that the number of active posts over the last 30 days is dropping like flies.

Personality of the moderator is to blame.

verbiddon, vorbidden, verbidon, verrrrrbiddeaon. hahahahaha what was that word again?

I think it's "verboten".
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Re: Awwwwh Awwwwh They call me Bruce

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Hi Vash,

What happened to that previous thread on good ole Bruce? It seems that the number of active posts over the last 30 days is dropping like flies.
    Siu Lim Fighter asked for it to be removed, as he felt it was out of order to talk on his Sifu's behalf without asking his permission.

Personality of the moderator is to blame.
    Any issues you have with my moderation of the Jeet Kune Do board you can address with GeneChing .
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Vash,

This is so funny, does Siu Lim Fighter think that Bruce Lee, (his sifu) will be giving him permission soon.

Hey, I head that Bruce Lee is not taking any more calls or signing autographs.

Ego, is your first name really Bruce? Sil Lum fighter's sifu is Wong Jack Man, you nim-cum-poop. Does anything register with you? i know you're physically handicapped, but your mental short comings have really been showing themselves. besides, I would have thought you liked Bruce's style with the emphasis on mobility and all. Isn't your main complaint about southern styles is the lack of mobility. Maybe you just don't know jack. all your posts define you as being an immature troll, don't even try to pretend to be an all knowing northern kung fu master, nam war vet, etc. cause you just aren't beleivable at all.
    Last edited by Waxwood rod; 09-24-2004 at 03:34 AM.

Originally posted by Waxwood rod
    all your posts define you as being an immature troll
    not really... his posts tend to show that many people on this forum are unbelievably blind...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I think its immature to attack Vash...do you not, Seven?

Its his forum...he can do whatever the hell he likes with it...and if you don't like it, then you can go and make your own JKD forum. Full of info on how to properly one inch punch your foes into oblivion...

I'd like to try and turn this thread around, seeing how I don't post much in this neck of the woods. Why do you think that so many people try to teach "JKD-concepts"? Are they just trying to make some loot off of the late Bruce Lee? Or is it that the lack of a style just makes it easy to call any MMA JKD?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Well, I'd imagine it's about as mature as me sticking my **** in his mouth and rocking his head back in forth.

Just not as much fun for him.

But seriously 7*, what'd you mean? Blind about the greatness of Bruce? Haven't you accepted Bruce as your personal martial savior.

*Jesus slaps the fizzuck out of Vash*

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I think its immature to attack Vash...do you not, Seven?

I agree. That's not what my comment was about. you'd have to follow ego to know what I'm talking about. He has a knack for bringing the "best" out of people - and what their best is can be quite shocking...

I'd like to try and turn this thread around, seeing how I don't post much in this neck of the woods. Why do you think that so many people try to teach "JKD-concepts"? Are they just trying to make some loot off of the late Bruce Lee? Or is it that the lack of a style just makes it easy to call any MMA JKD?

I think it's a combo of both. I gotta hit the gym, so I'll write more later.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Vash,

Vash said: "Well, I'd imagine it's about as mature as me sticking my **** in his mouth and rocking his head back in forth."

I'll now seize the opportunity to apologize for the things I'd said to you earlier.

Don't bother responding.

As long as JKD is tied to bruce, there will always be an avenue for money to be made, simply for that reason - many people will train it merely because lee invented it. The framewordk of jkd is very loose. It's become synonymous with wing chun, boxing, savate, kali and muay thai, but if you noticed, in the early 90's you started seeing jkd articles that focused on grappling - adapt what is useful.

the "adapt what is usefeul" tennant can lend itself to many people putting together their own program and calling it jkd. There are certifications and such available though, so if you ask questions, you may be able to check a person's credentials.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

So basically JKD is the outdated name for MMA.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    So basically JKD is the outdated name for MMA.
    CPA has taken the correct and caught it in a flying triangle.

I wonder how JKD would've evolved if Bruce was still around...?
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

JKD is by no means the outdated term for MMA. JKD has specific philosophies and methods of attack and defense. JKD strives to cover all ranges of combat, but not by simply learning MT and BJJ, etc. An interesting JKD forum is The Paul Bax Show forums, I don't think they are allowing new members, but still much to read. Some pretty heavy dudes post there.