Thread: Grappling at shaolin.......

Threaded View

Thanks for the vids.

Many modern grappling arts nowadays have been moving away from developing in mma competion and more into development of moves that shine in it’s pure competition format. I think grappling for fighting itself has been mostly a “solved game”

However, I think there’s still plenty to learn. Traditional forms I notice take this dominance attitude and bring it to the world of neutralizing opposing limbs from grabbing things in small qin na. Large qin na for that big tumble on their head . Its resembles a lot of police work. Its sad because I think more traditional students should take a look at their traditional skills when it develops easier with their own goals. Supplementing with bjj/wrestling still definitely develops someones power and skills development, but it may not mesh seamlessly with their core systems traditional strategies and goals.

Is anyone aware of songshan subsystems or forms that really highlight small and big qin na moreso than others? Of course they all contain these things, but very proportionatelly more? I wouldn’t say I’m that knoweledgable on Songshan Shaolin wushu. I hope other can keep this thread going.
    Last edited by NotGreg; 11-03-2018 at 05:15 PM.