Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much you pay a month for Kung fu Classes

How much you pay a month for Kung fu Classes

100, 75, 50. what is they price at your school

Depends who's teaching...

Go through this list and tell me which one of these people is worth learnin' from

http://www.cbel.com/kung_fu/

Then say, why the **** is that list missing soooo many good teachers? I could name 10 that are better than 98% of those
    teachers. I look for the other 2% and not the money involved.

It's never about the money on either side.

Dues

Over $100/mo.

$75
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The current rate is usually 15 $ per session lasting 1 h to 1.5 h.

They usually require commitment of 4 to 6 months.

If you pay a monthly fee, there are unlimited classes. But the class courses are repeated within the same month.

Luckily, I never really paid for my lessons.

I joined the Kuo Shu club. There was only membership fee which was only a token money to cover some food and equipments. The teachers are paid by the public schools.

For private lessons, I only have to commit certain number of hours per week for the teacher. There was no fee.

But I have to show earnest effort and genuine interests to be worthy of the teacher's time.

I think something is more important than the money in the old days.

In fact, if you are admitted as the disciple, the teacher paid your room and board.

about $10/hour

Peace

I charge $100 a month for 10hrs a week (3 classes).

Maoshan
    Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect practice makes perfect.

http://www.Syracusekungfu.com
    Syracuse Kung Fu
    Ba Gua Zhang Research & Boxing Association

SPJ I hear ya!

Too true SPJ, my teacher teaches me hung kuen for free.

I practice everyday so his efforts and generosity don't go to waste. He said he didn't want any money for teaching me, just for me to train hard and pass on the style. He is a firm believer in passing knowledge and the arts on to people worthy of character for free.

peace, OFZ
    It's evident, my potential be infinite- The RZA

Than you need to work on your attention span. Thanks to a merciless work and school schedule it is rare that I get to go to the kwoon for three hours in a day but the few times I have have been some of my most productive classes.

If you need to work on keeping concentration over an extended period might I suggest sitting meditation?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I've paid 0 to almost $200.

For group classes I charge $20 a session (1hr)

For private it ranges from $25-$50 (1hr) based on the material

Ego_Extrodinaire,

Hello Ego,

the thing is, my teacher only has two indoor disciples, me and my Gongfu brother. So, really, theres not really any need for him to ask for money. I have offered many a time, but he refuses and says that he is teaching me out of friendship.

Plus my teacher teaches other people Chen style taijiquan so he gets a lot of his income from this. Hope your questions have been answered.

He only teaches me and my brother for about 1 hour every Saturday evening and i practice every day so a lot of the training is done by myself and with my gongfu brother.

I'm working on the Fu-hok seung ying kuen at the moment and have been for the past 6 months. I probably expect another year of dedicated training and I should be up to a reasonable standard. It's not like some schools where you learn a form in 4 months. the time spent on forms really pays off.

OFZ, Peeeeeeeeeace

P.S. I don't call my teacher Sifu because he's a friend and doesn't want me to call him by that title.
    It's evident, my potential be infinite- The RZA

Peace

Ego

(10hrs of training a week is plenty! What do you do in classes that take up 3hrs. I would lose concentration if the lesson goes for more than 2hrs.)

I do not believe that you can get much from 2 classes at 1hr per week. My training is hard and meticulous because my standard is high. Hardcore is what I call it. As I see it this gives me more than enough time to make corrections as well as know that they have put enough time into what ever they are training. 2hrs a week?
    That’s dabbling to me, and there is nothing commercial about me. Hell I’ve calmed down.
    I used to teach 7 days a week, 6-10 M-F, 8hrs Sat, 6hrs Sunday.
    I teach for results and I get them with my method.
    Gaining skill is hard work and that won’t happen at two hours a week I don’t care how much you wish for it.

Maoshan
    Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect practice makes perfect.

http://www.Syracusekungfu.com
    Syracuse Kung Fu
    Ba Gua Zhang Research & Boxing Association

my sifu

i trained in xing yi for three years for free with my sifu, he is my god father, and trained me every day for 4 hour so maoshans three hours classes sound great, when comes to internal you need that much time to really train the skill, it took to hour just to do santi and nei gung then two hour of pi chuan(for the first year)
    teachers who teach for free give there time so you should train harder the you've ever trained before.

14. Originally posted by maoshan
    Peace

Ego

(10hrs of training a week is plenty! What do you do in classes that take up 3hrs. I would lose concentration if the lesson goes for more than 2hrs.)

I do not believe that you can get much from 2 classes at 1hr per week. My training is hard and meticulous because my standard is high. Hardcore is what I call it. As I see it this gives me more than enough time to make corrections as well as know that they have put enough time into what ever they are training. 2hrs a week?
    That’s dabbling to me, and there is nothing commercial about me. Hell I’ve calmed down.
    I used to teach 7 days a week, 6-10 M-F, 8hrs Sat, 6hrs Sunday.
    I teach for results and I get them with my method.
    Gaining skill is hard work and that won’t happen at two hours a week I don’t care how much you wish for it.

Maoshan
    I think he meant to spread the classes out more. meaning have the 10 hours but spread it out more than 2 days.

i disagree

internal kung fu, does take a long time to train. people like you who have little regard for there training is the reason why there is not to many good internal stylist. you must under stand that only through long hour of training can understand the techniques, my sifu use to make me spar against all defferent types of styles, i would only i allowed to use whatever element i was training(pi,tsuan,beng etc), i wouldn't have been able to cope if not for 4 hour training sessions!!!! the harder you train the more you get out of that hard training.