Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Skills

"You make me laugh! The act of the opponent's block will instantly reveal the next course of action. There is no need to pre-plan."

Eggo,
    You're only fight is the one with your sanity, nancyboy

SPJ, eggo is neither a scientist nor a retired military man. He is a young kid with nothing to offer but lies. Are you gullible enough to believe him? If so, I'm sorry for you.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

why waste the first hit with a fake to draw up their guard and then do this and that is beyond me. So if that doesn't work do you move on to plan B and plan C. Sounds like a Cayote trying to catch the Road Runner with Acme devices.

Why not use listening or testing Jin? These when refined are at the core of "Elite" skills.

As far as waste? If the block never comes there should be a strike. So hoe "Fake" is "fake". If you don't have the ability to draw an opponent out or manipulate him into showing what he's got? Study something else.

You train to respond. Maybe it's set in application across the board. What comes out comes out. The idea is to train.

You obviously haven't trained since the 'Nam and have not forwarded me your real name and contact info so I can forward it to a man you must have fought with in the Il Drang Valley...

You must be for real.... 7 years people have been listening to your horse****. 7 years you've been hiding behing a fake story and a non-existent wheelchair. It's like Wonder Woman's invisible jet...

Thanks EGO;

You are very polite in presenting a different view.

I may not argue against an advice. My upbringings said that you never argue against an advice as if you turn your head away from a gift.

When I first started in the forum, BL supported my few threads. I also supported her threads in return ever since. It is very difficult to post in her bashing threads. I posted a few in her support. You did the same.

Personality debate is not my thing. Or it is just an empty exercise.

However, issues of substance are my breads and butter. In debate club or Chan sessions.

Please post more issues or viewpoints, so that I may agree and move to your side.

For personal issue posts, I will be of no help.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-09-2004 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks for watching out for me. Cerebus.

I owe you one.

"why waste the first hit with a fake to draw up their guard and then do this and that is beyond me."

Of course it's beyond you. You have no real training or background. You're just a pathetic little troll.

BTW when Bai He came to me he already had extensive training in Shotokan and White Crane. He came, he saw, and more importantly he felt. He felt the power that could be delivered with such relaxed ease that he wanted it himself. No brag, just fact. Then he met my senior and my teacher and that open his eyes to a whole 'nother world. My teacher is a great and humble man but his skill is frightenly profound. But you wouldn't know anything about that. The real world scares you.

"As with other northern styles, it is the relaxation - or the release of the tension the creates the movement / power. I know you're making a big thing out of it because it seems counter intuitive to people who have not done northern kung fu. Baji and Piqua uses the same principals."

Well I know that's what you've read (and no actual experiance with) but you're wrong. It's a different body method. You might want to read more widely. But don't bother with actual study and practice because that might la little too demanding.

"Just wondering how is BaiHe adapting to this method of movement? Maybe I shoud ask him myself "

Ask away. But you only want to do so behind the protection of the keyboard, little man.

Thumbs up

I like Buddy's post about his teacher.

My teachers were always talking about how great their teachers were.

My teachers only talked a little or nothing about themself.

EE;

Your post is pointing to something very fundamental in Baji and Pi Gua.

Yes, most if not all northern styles are Da Pi Da Gua.

Pi is from above going downward.

Gua is from the below going upward.

There are big swings of arms up and down.

There are bigger movements of steps, too.

In contrast, karate or some "pure" southern boxings are tight and narrow in postures and smaller arm movements.

For example, Er Zi Chien Yang Ma is a narrow Ma Bu as in Wing Chun.

However, CLF and other southern derivatives of the northern, there are also big movements, kicks, jumps etc, too.

Nei Jia Quan is a total different story in body posture and Jin mechanics as Buddy pointed out.

Yes, if you study karate and white crane first and then look at Tai Ji or Ba Gua. You will be indeed amazed if not awe-struck.

Trying to bring the correctness from both sides to the table.

It is also true that you have to study and practice both Wei Jia vs Nei Jia.

If you only read about it or just watch the moves without any knowledge or skills. You are not really appreciating them as Buddy pointed out.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-10-2004 at 10:24 AM.

In debate clubs, I was a moderator or a judge myself, too.

If you say your point and back it up with evidences or quotes from reliable sources, you may have or win your argument.

If you resort to personal attacks, name calling, you will just lose your credibility and a waste of time, nothing more.

In each debate presentation, you really do not have time to do that.

You want to make the best of your allotted time to "prove" your points and disapprove the opponent's points.

Maybe in the internet forum, there is a culture of name calling and personally loathing tactics to "win" a point.

However, in a business, science meeting or a formal debate, these are considered disclosure of weakness or losing your points. They are major turn-offs. They are big signs saying that you lose your arguments therefore you lose your calmness. "LOSER" signs flashing on your forehead.

Peace.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-10-2004 at 11:53 AM.

Greetings..

SPJ: succinct, appropriate and quite correct..

Loss of composure, resorting to personal attacks on someone's character, and other such nonsense erodes much of whatever value may have been present in their post..

If one cannot maintain composure and civility from a keyboard, it is much less likely they can do so in combat.. Aside from that it simply calls into question their own character..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

The Nei Jin is a whole different ball of wax.
    You have to train it to understand.
    My whole game, my whole body and my whole approach have changed.

See SPJ's earlier post.

My experience in WCrane was that the internal training is done to prepare and "soften" or counteract the effects of extreme Wai gung on the body.

That's not the same as developing Nei Jin in BGZ, TCC or XY.

Bob,
    You've got that whole passive-aggressive thing down pat.

"Loss of composure, resorting to personal attacks on someone's character, and other such nonsense erodes much of whatever value may have been present in their post.."

Just learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. To continue with cliche, not everyone wants to cast pearls before swine.

"If one cannot maintain composure and civility from a keyboard, it is much less likely they can do so in combat.. Aside from that it simply calls into question their own character.."

The first part of your statement in unfounded and idle speculation which can certainly be determined readily. The second is, well...it's tough to care about opinions from behind a keyboard.
    I notice in none of your pithy comments did you ask about anyones "elite skills".

But Eggo,
    In that you were allegedly disabled during the Vietnam war in an era when these styles were unavailable to Westerners, when and where exactly did you gain any experience in these styles. Why do insist on discussing subjects you know nothing about? Your "take" on Bagua? On what do you base this "take"?

Well that's a mighty fanciful tale, Kelvin. So you learned to speak Vietnamese and wound up a "temple" where they taught you "kung fu"- Baji and Pigua, I presume. And this is after you betrayed your country by deserting your duty. But you managed to fight in 'illigal' fights after being disabled. I wonder if Frank Dux has heard your tale.
    I am glad I got you to deliver this bit of fiction though. I doubt that there is anyone out there now who doubts you are completely full of sh*t.