Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bowflex selettech: best idea i have seen in a while

bowflex selettech: best idea i have seen in a while

note: this is more of a training thread, but i wasn't sure what kind of traffic we had over there anymore and i thought this was pretty cool. if its got to be moved i aint gonna cry though.

anyone else see this? adjustable dumbells with the click of a button. seems like an awesome idea to me if they work half as well as the commercials would have you believe.

http://www.bowflexselecttech.com/def...ookie%5Ftest=1

check it yo.
    where's my beer?

.... i wonder how they handle though.
    where's my beer?

You can buy an @ssload of free weights for $480. What a ripoff.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

they're pretty and novel, but i'm with MK on this one. anyone who spends $480 on dumbbells better have money coming out their ass.

i'd rather get some good ol' fashioned iron, a bench, and a heavy kb. garage sales are your friend.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

oh I don't know MK, if you'd stop being an ass for 5 minutes, you'd have probably figured out that while you aren't getting as much "material" for your money as you might if you bought an "assload" of weights, if they work like they claim to work, it's not such a bad deal. I know I could use a space saving item like this if I thought it worked like they claim it works. You'd shell a roughly equivelant amount of money for just as many weights.

Originally posted by red5angel
    You'd shell a roughly equivelant amount of money for just as many weights.
    No I wouldn't.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

My friend has the exact same dumbells, but made by Nautilus. He only paid two bills for 'em. You're paying the extra $200 for the name...(and maybe a couple of extra years....)
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

$480? It says $350 MSRP

same for the nautilus.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

you could probably get them cheaper on ebay or something.

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    $480? It says $350 MSRP

same for the nautilus.
    I was looking at the bottom of the page. For $480, you get a chrome stand. Woohoo

i love the idea, its cool and easy. but too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Greetings,

Selector weights are not a new technology.

It would be better if the Bowflex concentrated on improving the possibilities of the machine that they have. Bringing out a free weight line suggests that the Bowflex is not all that great to begin with when it comes to strength development.

Maybe they need the money to offset lawsuits from consumers who got injured by the Bowflex machine.

mickey

Maybe they need the money to offset lawsuits from consumers who got injured by the Bowflex machine.

probably the same people who spill hot coffee on themselves.....

Hoist has a set for under $300 that goes up to 75 pounds.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

i think its a really cool idea .... new or not its the first i have heard of them (likely cause its the first time they have been marketed the way they have).

sure you can go buy all the free weights you want at yard sales, the green tab, or your uncle bobs, but then your missing the point. if they work the way the are supposed to, your paying for the convenience. it might not be worth 300 for the convenience, but do you realize how many never used sets are going to be floating around yard sales, the green tab, or your uncle bobs in about a year?

im going to keep an eye on em and then see if i cant find a deal on them next summer or the following. waiting on something like this wouldnt bother me normally, but hell i'll be lucky to be lifting by summer anyway so it's no big deal to me.

and mk and red .... you guys brothers?
    Last edited by GunnedDownAtrocity; 10-06-2004 at 03:25 PM.
    where's my beer?