Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: size and strengh do not matter

Originally posted by IronFist
    How many regular people do you know that can bend forward and touch their palms on the ground? How many regular people can do the splits.

you mean, there are folks who can't ???

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    I've also read arnie saying he could never pull off an ma routine nor technical execution.
    On the same token, you can't place in a bodybuilding competition. It's not what you train for, just as MA isn't what he trains for.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I know I'm going to cop trolls for this post, but in light of integrity, actually in full training I most definately could. It is part of my training to synospis to train every group to max function at every range of movement , and to be frank , I've considered it several times in the past myself. but as we klnow, that river does not flow both ways.

no, you couldn't. I've seen a pic of you. you don't have the definition to place in any contest. working out is one thing, but what they do is quite another.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Well hey, she could be world San Shou champ (if she wanted to), or an Olympic athlete (if she wanted to), so hey why not a bodybuilder (if she wanted to.............. ).
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

However, if you can do all of these things that you claim you can - place in bb contests, be a world champ in san shou, etc. Why aren't you doing any of it?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Because she "doesn't want to" and "isn't into competition" (trollspeak for "because she can't really" ).
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

exactly.. can't possibly , busy elsewhere..... end of story.

Dam mit people wipe your shoes before you come in! Someone's tracking blooming lotus all over the forum! Eew!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

now there you go, that was creative!!!

exactly.. can't possibly , busy elsewhere..... end of story.
    whatever... imagine it - if you were making your living via MA, you would have more time to devote to chan and to your studies.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

very tempting and really....if I get home, that's the plan. I've looked into various dojos for wc and ninjutsu and sounds perfect. can't wait to kick off......

now if someone will just point me to nxt dptr at the "illegal immigrant " / "ppl smugglers" dock, I'll be on my way

Bloominglotus,

Sounds like a good plan, hope it pans out well.

Sevenstar,

I think you under estimate the work involved in making a living from martial arts. It's more than just the fighting skills you possess, but also teaching skills. Fortunately BL has both. There is also another side to the equation which involves running a business ranging from boring old accounting work to advertising.

I feel that people who run small businesses are brave and I always wish them all the best.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Sevenstar,

I think you under estimate the work involved in making a living from martial arts. It's more than just the fighting skills you possess, but also teaching skills. Fortunately BL has both. There is also another side to the equation which involves running a business ranging from boring old accounting work to advertising.

I feel that people who run small businesses are brave and I always wish them all the best.
    That's pretty muchg my point, dude. If she really has all that she claims, it should be a snap for her. She doesn't even have to run a school. With all of the skills and abilities she claims to have, she can make a living merely off of doing seminars all over the globe.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

very tempting and really....if I get home, that's the plan. I've looked into various dojos for wc and ninjutsu and sounds perfect. can't wait to kick off......

now if someone will just point me to nxt dptr at the "illegal immigrant " / "ppl smugglers" dock, I'll be on my way
    you still intend on trying to open a wc shool?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter