Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: size and strengh do not matter

With her 9mths-ish of "wing chun knives", she's almost overqualified.

I just pray she heads to the east coast .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Sevenstar,

You underestimate the difficulty in setting up a MA business. To travel around the world and give seminars is very expensive. You actually hope to break even when you add up the expenses from a world tour. When you're away, you need to hire people to run your shop.

But if BL were to setup shop, I'll be first to sign up for membership. I think you will too.

I'm very aware of that. We have a bjj black belt that comes to see us for two weeks out of the year. If she's as good as she claims, it can be done.

Royce comes here twice a year as well. As good as she claims to be, she can achieve such status.

I will pretend I didn't see your last sentence.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Sevenstar,

I agree, I'm not saying it can't be done. In all areas of endeavour, there is a line which separates hobby and profession. I've seen many doctors, dentist, chemist etc.... fail dispite the fact that they are shall we say "exponents" in their field. Why, because there business management skill wasn't there.

But to risk personal capital in setting up a business is a very brave step indeed. And on that point, size does matter but so does agility in meeting unforeseeable challenges the business may run into. There maybe an optimal size.

(Just to bring the discussion back on track else you might decide to ban me). You can't have a forum without a troll, albeit a loney troll
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-06-2004 at 08:29 AM.

bl ASKED to be banned.

It definitely takes business sense, but, as she said, she is a certified genius. I would think she either knew how to handle that or knew someone who could assist her.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    ... endeavour ...
    You accidentally used Australian spelling Kelvin . You wanna watch that.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Originally posted by SevenStar
    bl ASKED to be banned.

It definitely takes business sense, but, as she said, she is a certified genius. I would think she either knew how to handle that or knew someone who could assist her.

actually far as I personally know, she's shedding no tears and found sensible disscussion elsewhere!

besides, she revoked that comment before the boss - troll caught it anyway....... and now who the heck are you going to fight and scrap with???

( looks for cover )
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-06-2004 at 10:48 PM.

That last post (and the others posted in other threads at the same time) has a decidedly Eyebrows-feel to it. Wouldn't it be funny if Kelvin had pm'd his idol and allowed her to use his login details to post?

Originally posted by Toby
    That last post (and the others posted in other threads at the same time) has a decidedly Eyebrows-feel to it. Wouldn't it be funny if Kelvin had pm'd his idol and allowed her to use his login details to post?
    LOL. Good call, Tobes. Far too many ....'s in that post for Ego. Or he's just impersonating bl now that his attention wh0re has been banned.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    LOL. Good call, Tobes. Far too many ....'s in that post for Ego. Or he's just impersonating bl now that his attention wh0re has been banned.
    Sorry Serp, but I am going to have to pull you up for incorrect use of the apostrophe there
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hey! You can use it to pluralise numbers - surely you can use it to pluralise punctuation too!

I demand an unbiased mediator!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Serpant,

You're nothing but a kid. At least sevenstar has real martial arts skills. You just follow Toby around in the forum because you think he's got more brains than you.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah........

Yeah, he does sound alot like bl. But that could be because he's such an impressionable little puppy dog.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

My thread gets deleted, but this crap just drags on and on...
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    actually far as I personally know, she's shedding no tears and found sensible disscussion elsewhere!

that's because she's new there. She hasn't started acting like an idiot yet.

besides, she revoked that comment before the boss - troll caught it anyway.......

Like they say, be careful what you ask for...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter