Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: video hosting

:)

Thanks for putting some of my clips up there, the others weren't mine. So if you have something to say about those drills then reply in those threads. I still back up my videos.

Enforcer,
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to not put any links to my server (tanglang.info) on bullshido, please (Sorry Mark). As I do have a traffic-limit on my server, I want to try keeping them for a group limited to mostly tanglang-practitioners. As these clips are not meant for entertainment, but for scincere discussion between tanglang-practitioners, who, if my traffic limit is reached, wouldn't be able to see them anymore.
    I'm not ignorant of what they call McDojos, but it's kind of sad to put a website online only for ranting about other people.

best regards,

Puja

3. sorry to late you dared me to do it and I did. I cant reply because they banned me. They always ban me when I make a new username there.

Originally posted by puja
    The Clips are avi but encoded with Windows Media Codec 9 so they are some kind of wmv.
    Mark, best you stick with MPEG with your next version of the clips. This way even our fellow Mac- and Linux-Owners will be surely be able to view the clips.
    Linux and other *nix users may use mplayer, which has codecs for most everything, including all popular and currently used formats such as wmv, real, and qt.

So it doesn't matter to us Linux and *nix users what format it is in
    My school: http://pailumwarrior.com/

i can't get the website to show up...is it because i'm in china or is this not a real website or something?

neil

No it's a real website to bad it's full of un real facts. Which is ironic since it's main purpose is to expose fraudulent MA's. If you want some rub you wrong entertainment then feel free to go check it out. But unless you are a modern grappler you will get zero respect, no matter how reasonable you are. All they know how to do is insult via keyboard. I honestly wouldn't waste my time ninja, christ with that name alone those guys would nut in there pants at the chance to rip on you. It's very sad.

mark

Question questions for shirkers1

shirkers1,

Thanks for the vids. I've been playing with the drills with a class mate of mine; always fun to try new things.

I just have a few questions/comments regarding some of the drills:

On the 3rd drill/clip, are you leading with a punch and then collapsing your elbow upon your opponents parry, then trapping with the elbow and doing a backfist? If so then it makes more sense to me. It appears as an elbow strike sometimes that moves into a trapping elbow, which seems awkward to me. Maybe it's because you were just teaching the drill to the student for the first time.

On the 5th drill/clip, could you clarify the technique, the lighting makes it difficult to see what your doing with the right arm. The way my friend and I emulated it doesn't feel right.

In your opinion what is preventing a threat from the opponents back hand in clip 11? Using this technique seems to leave the face vulnerable.

I found that taking another step around on the take down in clip 13 prevented a possible groin strike, which we were able to do without the additional step behind. Food for thought.

Once again, thanks for the clips, I hope to see more. Rest assured some of us practicing martial artists appreciate it.

Regards,

GenKwan

hope this helps

GenKwan, thanks for the interest. I’ll pm you with some info.

For starters those drills are meant to be trained in sequence, starting off with the palm cutting drill where you slap trap and palm cut the side of the jaw or neck. Then you move on to the next ones. If you notice all the drills start with the slap then palm cut. So there is a progression in the training of the drills. Just wanted to make sure you got that, and actually there are 7 of them so I didn’t get them all taped down. I’ll PM you for some more info on those. You can plug in a fist if you like it’s up to the individual.

You are correct on the 3rd clip it starts off with the slap/palm cutting, when the partner parries you use that energy he fed you and you roll over top with the elbow trapping both of his arms down. (Think about having a hole in your arm and there’s a pin sticking out of his and you place your elbow on top of that pin pressing down). In the drill the newbie was bypassing the initial palm cutting and just rolling with the elbow. This is incorrect, that is why when I was doing it I deliberately separated each movement. But you want to gain that sensitivity when someone gives you that block you can roll immediately over top with the elbow. If you shoot in you can actually strike with the elbow or if you are out of range finish up with the back chop to the neck, temple, or jaw bone area. I would start off by playing each individual tactic like I’m doing it until you start to feel that energy being fed back.

In the 5th drill looking at me in the black this is the progression, you start off with a slap/palm cutting. As he parries with the right hand, you actually stick with your right forearm/elbow into his left arm and you press his left arm across and down into his body while you cross over and slap trap his right arm. Striking the meaty part of his forearm just below the elbow with your right hand. Finishing with a strike to the designated target. This one is tricky and involves sensitivity and sticking. I’ll address this in the PM I send you as well.

On clip 11, when the opponent punches you do one of two things. Looking at me you slap his fist with your left hand and either hein choi/fake hein choi to the head or use a destruction to the inside of the bicep at the same time you slap the striking hand. At this point his hand is actually trapped to the outside by your shoulder and the wrenching of you right hand in towards you (like a peck choi motion) dropping down and in towards you. This is good to pull him into a head but or knee strike. If he starts to resist you simple twist to the left so his free hand can’t strike you, which you kind of see in the last sequence. Also you can reach over with the left hand and apply a nasty chin na on that hand you have trapped while twisting the opposite way with your left elbow. It’s very painful and he’s really not worried about using that other hand. ; ) This if done right puts a lot of wrenching on the forearm more than the elbow. His palm is facing you and it’s baring his arm against your body and your wrenching arms.

On clip 13, this one is tricky to get in on someone it also involves a lot of sticking sensitivity. If you watch my left hand keeps his left hand trapped to the outside while my right hand slips in and wrenches back on his shoulder. It pulls all the muscles in your shoulder, chest, and pinches the bicep with your arm if you get it in right. As I wrench down with a strong jerking action you do twist to the outside of his free hand. Once he’s on his way down you apply the cutting/pressing palm to the side of the neck under his jaw bone and you pull on his shoulder and press on the jaw line stretching him out. If you have him down right he shouldn’t be able to reach you with the other hand. If he isn’t using it to try and hold himself up that is. Now I see what you are saying on the one it looks like the momentum would pulled him right around into my nuts.

That is where it would vary a little, I would end up just striking with my left hand while he was spinning around negating an attack or at least throwing his attack off. But I do see your point, that is what the training is for later when it’s not planned and with broken rhythm. It allows for the tactics to be applied in a more real situation, because it never happens the same way. Because different openings happen, so on and so on while you are in the midst of fighting. So when it goes down a little different you switch up the tactic to fit the situation. I have my guys try to fight it a little when they apply the tactic. Not just stand there and let the person work on you. That resistance helps you see how the tactic needs to be slapped on and what you need to do when they fight back. Sometimes all it takes is just a little more tweaking and they forget about that free hand or even thinking about fighting back.

Hope this helped for now. I’ll get back to you about some more info.

mark

Thanks shirkers1!

Great info in your response. Much appreciated. And thanks for the PM info also.

Regards,

GenKwan

bung bo

Okay so I think I'm starting to figure out this editing crap!!! I ran through bung bo on film real quick and I edited a line out of it and posted it last night so check out the link. So now "finally" I can re do all this other stuff and put some forms up. So this stuff will probably vanish soon. Hope you enjoy.

mark
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg