Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: video hosting

my videos / hosting

So here is the thread for the videos I just put up. Is anyone out there willing to host larger video files for me temporarily. The forms I did are to big for me to put on my site right now. I can always wait till I'm able to upgrade but that might be a while. If so please let me know.

Like I said in the video thread these shots I did real fast tonight just so I could test my host site to see if it works. So I just threw in some basic two man drills. I'm the one in the beanie and the other two guys are new students of mine that stuck around to help me out after class. They are just learning the movements as you can tell but they'll get there. I'll re record the stuff this weekend in the light so you can see the movements better. I'll probably only keep these up for a couple of days until I can re do them. But I figured I'd throw them up any way so you can get a chuckle.

mark
    Last edited by shirkers1; 09-28-2004 at 10:09 AM.

Unhappy :(

I canīt view the vids! AVI is not a good Video-Format. Better is Mpeg or wmv. Best is of course Quicktime mov! (yes, I got a Mac, not a stupid Microsoft engine! )
    If you canīt change the world - change yourself!
    And if you canīt change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site

The Clips are avi but encoded with Windows Media Codec 9 so they are some kind of wmv.
    Mark, best you stick with MPEG with your next version of the clips. This way even our fellow Mac- and Linux-Owners will be surely be able to view the clips.

Bets regards,

Puja

P.S.: i sent you a PM on the issue of hosting
    Last edited by puja; 09-27-2004 at 11:15 PM.

i can't get anything other than "page can not be displayed" to come up for me....anyone else have this problem?

neil

:(

**** it!! Did you try to right click on the file and select open with? It should bring up media players on your computer and work that way? Any way I'll try to re do them. Sorry.

mark

Smile save

If you right click, save target as, and save it. You can open it with Windows media player or Realplayer. It worked for me.

I liked the vids.

Laters

oved
    tanglang69
    The Tex-Mex Mantis

I had no problem to open it directly. But i haven't seen all clips yet, connetion is a little bit slow.
    GM

Re: my videos / hosting

Originally posted by shirkers1
    So here is the thread for the videos I just put up. Is anyone out there willing to host larger video files for me temporarily. The forms I did are to big for me to put on my site right now. I can always wait till I'm able to upgrade but that might be a while. If so please let me know.

Like I said in the video thread these shots I did real fast tonight just so I could test my host site to see if it works. So I just threw in some basic two man drills. I'm the one in the beanie and the other two guys are new students of mine that stuck around to help me out after class. They are just learning the movements as you can tell but they'll get there. I'll re record the stuff this weekend in the light so you can see the movements better. I'll probably only keep these up for a couple of days until I can re do them. But I figured I'd throw them up any way so you can get a chuckle.

mark
    Nice drills!
    ------------------------------
    Ever since I was a lad
    I was an automatic
    mad mantis fanatic.
    I became a man
    manically attached to it...
    Could it be,
    it attached to ME?!?!!
    --------------------------------
    Herminio Alvarez, Jr.

:)

mantisben

Thanks! I promise more lights next time.

Thanks Shirkers, appreciated the clips! I had no problem with the lighting, I could fully see what was being demonstrated.

I hope to get something up in the near future, so much to choose from and I need to get the OK from my Shifu.

I tried everything but the codec is not the best it seems. Even the software that normally shows AVI and WMV didnīt play the clips!

Could someone change them and send me the clips as Mpg or mov?
    If you canīt change the world - change yourself!
    And if you canīt change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site

:(

Hmm I'm sorry man. Like I said they're really just test shots any way. I promise I'll have some better shots up this weekend and I'll be sure to save it a different way and use a quicktime codec so the mac guys can see it as well.

I'm really not that bright at this hosting stuff yet so if someone else can hook you up with the current vids that would be great.

mark

Jochen, I'll recode the clips and mail them over by tomorrow.
    If anyone else is interested in the recoded versions, just ask me. as I'm out for the WE you could possibly have to wait till monday

Best regards,

Puja

:)

some new clips up enjoy.

Nice drills

Nice Drill.. I only have one question in the eight video clip where you are twisting in to a rising upperct. Are you using this as an elbow break or an uppercut movement?

because if you are using it as a uppercut like strike the crossing of the are under the elbow will cut the strikes moment and maximum power deliverd.
    Cheers
    Victor
    What, me worry?