Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vote for voting

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

I'm Not Even Mantis . . . Though I Can Bug People.

BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

brad:

not to be rude, but this is a voting thread....no hijacking!!!!!

everyone else.....please redirect personal comments about the process in another thread.

thx

neil
    lol, fine. #2.

Should've used to poll option though

I believe this forum is well-moderated by BTL. I also trust that if many of us feel a thread shouldn't be deleted, he won't delete it. However, if he feels that a thread should be deleted, since he puts in the time to moderate this forum, he should have the authority to delete it if he chooses. It is only fair.

------------------------------
    Ever since I was a lad
    I was an automatic
    mad mantis fanatic.
    I became a man
    manically attached to it...
    Could it be,
    it attached to ME?!?!!
    --------------------------------
    Herminio Alvarez, Jr.

For #3 can BTL still lock posts?

go for the human tripod

Xdr4g0nx:

please reread original post

thanking you in advance,

neil

I guess if #4 is not an option, I'll go with #2....."All the way".

Enough votes too,....

Modify my old moderation style.
    Sorry guys, but I _WILL_ retain power to delete threads. Such is the burden of Moderating.

I will however take greater tollerance in what remains on the board & lock those posts rather than delete them.

The voting concept was an experiment & a small glimpse into the minds of the posters here & was I'm sure eye opening to some; including me.
    It also sheds light into some of your minds as to what I have going on behind the scenes through pm's & personal thoughts.

I encourage you all to pm me on subject matters that pertain to my moderating the board first, instead of just complaining to the admin. In the future, I will most likely put on the board a (I know you folks may hate this) Vote to delete thread if a post is issued & is past what I would consider a "lock-down" thread. This way your thoughts will be taken into consideration without constantly having to vote on things.
    If the subject or post is way beyond a lock-down or against board policy, it will vanish without prior notice.

Sorry for those of you that wish deleting to be completly out of the picture, but this option simply cannot be.

Best wishes to all,
    ~BTL
    Last edited by BeiTangLang; 09-30-2004 at 10:14 AM.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

So what your saying is "This has all been a waste of Time!!"

I have respect for what you do, but this is kind of one sided, don't you think. You stated that your reason to delete Master Kai's thread "German Bai Lung come on over" was because the majority of the people voted to delete, but now when we vote to not delete threads and give you the power to lock only, you disagree and decide that you will now delete whatever you deem reasonable. You say that "such is the burden of moderating", but wouldn't it be less of a burden if you did not have to delete threads you deem unreasonable?

That's where I think the problem lies. What you deem reasonable may not be reasonable to the majority of others!

Sorry I don't mean to offend, but I do feel the need to express my opinion in this matter.

Express away!

Originally posted by Hungfutkune
    So what your saying is "This has all been a waste of Time!!"
    No, it was not; as stated in my post. It was an experiment in "forumdom" & experience/knowledge gained. Information that is well recieved by me as a mod.

I have respect for what you do, but this is kind of one sided, don't you think. You stated that your reason to delete Master Kai's thread "German Bai Lung come on over" was because the majority of the people voted to delete, but now when we vote to not delete threads and give you the power to lock only, you disagree and decide that you will now delete whatever you deem reasonable. You say that "such is the burden of moderating", but wouldn't it be less of a burden if you did not have to delete threads you deem unreasonable?
    I allowed people to vote on it to prove a point I think; that point being that the threads I delete are usually ones that people would like to see gone anyway.
    I will be more lienient on post content from now on delete-wise from now on.

What would be less of a burden would be posts such as those not being posted to begin with. That would be the ultimate (since you asked).
    Pressing the delete thread with a single click is less of a burden than trying to decide what action to take with the post to begin with.

That's where I think the problem lies. What you deem reasonable may not be reasonable to the majority of others!

Sorry I don't mean to offend, but I do feel the need to express my opinion in this matter.
    In the last case it did.
    In the future who knows....

Glad to hear your opinion. No offence taken.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

You still get to laugh at poeple as pathetic as I
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses