Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liver punch in the clinch.

1. Liver punch in the clinch.

when the other guy grabs your neck would grabbing his weist with both arms and forcing my weight under my head then delivering a hook to their exposed liver = victory?

how do u get out of a rear chokehold?

enforcer: - there are alot of thing you can do from there from a good take down to torso stikes, to under the chin -come-throat , but that would be fairly drastic and not something I reccommend unless totally neccessary.

On rear choke: we've also talked about this before and it would depend on how his weight was distributed and where in the hold you countered. is it one hand/ two hands and where are both your feet??

I've never heard of a liver punch before...

Do you mean kidney?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

well, not if you're a weakling and can't get any power into your strike.

victory is when you knock em out, or you get more points.

In real life victory is when you knock em out or kill em. But if you kill em, you actually lose.

funny how that works eh?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

or, i suppose victory could come in the form of their submission too.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You don't need to knock them out. Just hurt'em so's they let go, prefferably in a way so they can't chase you either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    In real life victory is when you knock em out or kill em. But if you kill em, you actually lose.
    Heh, in real life, victory is when you disarm them, damage their structure (waist & below - so they can't run as fast as you), and run away.

Well, better make sure they don't know where you live or hang out, either...

Where are all these rear choke questions coming out of. He said "CLINCH" that means face to face....

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I've never heard of a liver punch before...

Do you mean kidney?
    The liver is behind your ribs on the right side. It's a good piece of trivia to know as a MA. It means that you can hurt someone much more on with a body left hook to the body than a right.

Try it while your sitting there reading this. Punch yourself in the ribs first on the right and then on the left. See if you can feel which side is tougher. When you take a shot on the right, most people will feel a bit of nasuea that doesn't happen from a shot to the left.

Re: Liver punch in the clinch.

Originally posted by Enforcer-
    when the other guy grabs your neck would grabbing his weist with both arms and forcing my weight under my head then delivering a hook to their exposed liver = victory?
    It may get you a knee in the face.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

very unlikely enforcer.

if he's got you in a neck plumb, he's actually doing a pretty good job protecting his sides.

Your best bet would be to pummel out (crowbar, swim etc.) elbows or clinch his waist and body lock him for a takedown.

but that's assuming he's not moving, which in reality, if he's got a neck plumb on you, he is keeping you off balance, striking with knees, elbows, switching hands to dirty box, setting you up for a throw..
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00

Your best bet would be to pummel out (crowbar, swim etc.) elbows or clinch his waist and body lock him for a takedown.
    Can someone fill me in on the new meaning of the word "pummel". I've been seeing it a lot online lately like it means something special but the only definition I've ever heard for it is pretty much this one:

To beat, as with the fists; pommel: The angry crowd pummeled the thief. See Synonyms at beat.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pummel

Suddenly people are using it like it's some kind of special fighting technique. Crowbar? Swim? What's that got to do with beating someone with your fists?

"Pummel", as you're seeing it now, is a wrestling term (since adopted by MMA) for gaining inside control in the clinch. "Swim" is another term for the technique, since the process of working one hand under your opponent's arm looks kinda like swimming. "Crowbar" is a new one on me.

And since clinch control lets you do all sorts of throws, strikes, and holds, while keeping your opponent from doing anything of significance to you, it has quite a bit to do with beating someone with your fists. Or knees. Or elbows. Some low kicks. Sweeps. Throws. Choke holds. Neck locks.

OK, I'll stop now.

Your most likely to get KTFO'ed. Knees beat punches.

Punching when clinched is a bad idea because your opponent has control of your head and neck. That means he is controlling your body movement and therefore will be able to prevent you from getting your body behind your punches.

Meanwhile, he will be free to deliver knee strikes, apply a neck crank, setup an elbow strike, setup a takedown.....

I'll say it again, knees beat punches

Originally posted by omarthefish
    Where are all these rear choke questions coming out of. He said "CLINCH" that means face to face....

The liver is behind your ribs on the right side. It's a good piece of trivia to know as a MA. It means that you can hurt someone much more on with a body left hook to the body than a right.

Try it while your sitting there reading this. Punch yourself in the ribs first on the right and then on the left. See if you can feel which side is tougher. When you take a shot on the right, most people will feel a bit of nasuea that doesn't happen from a shot to the left.
    It is a good piece of trivia and for effectiveness and accuracy sakes , If you haven't already, pick up an anatomy chart and have a browse. a whole range of moves 'll open up and you may just end up knowing exactly where and what your strikes are gearing to