Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Liver punch in the clinch.

so...size might make a difference you say :P

hold up , so how did you go in those fights and on your wins, what do you think were the differences??

Thie difference was the way I fought, not my attributes. I lost the kiccboxing match - didn't fight my fight. I knew it would be cool as hell if I just layed him out, so I went in with fist blazing instead of keeping my distance and wearing him down, then going in to finish. I ended up losing by decision - we was too big for me to drop easily, and I've got a decent chin, so he couldn't drop me either.

In the judo matches, I just fight my fight - stay mobile, attack constantly, setting up for my throws.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

oh...so you mean tactic can triumph over size when you don't have it

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    oh...so you mean tactic can triumph over size when you don't have it
    I never said it didn't. I said size plays a factor. I can toss you WAY easier than I can toss some of the other guys I've fought, merely because you are a feather compared to them. The cross that would've laid you out only stunned the bigger guy, most likely because of that size. That's why there are weight classes.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

but despite that fact you've won anyway???

derfinitely - the bigger guy is much harder to work with. As far as judo goes, I attribute alot of that to strength. I can set my throws up, but alot of times, the big guy will not go where he doesn't want to go. That's where strength comes in.

Oh wait... did I just say that strength does matter?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    , the big guy will not go where he doesn't want to go.
    was that an error or what did you mean by that exactly??

schools in , lets hear it.

how hard is that to understand? If he is fighting to resist you, it's hard as fock to move him. Even flowing with him in the direction he is already heading, actually tossing him is a chore. Have you ever had a judo match with a guy who weighs 335 and is 6'3? I have. (and he wasn't a drunken samoan ) If he doesn't want to be thrown, he won't be.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter